Page 18 of 258 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

A homage to a Silver Age cover with a Norse twist is giving me more confidence in this team.

At least for a little while, Wonder Woman might actually be good again for the first time sine Rucka!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Wow, okay! I'm hesitantly excited.

I LOVE that splash page... 'cept for Max and Liar Liar. Blegh.
    Yeah, why them and not Kale?

Nothing particular concrete, obviously, but some interesting answers. Big fans of her early stuff and Darwyn Cooke's Diana from their answers it seems.

Looks like this current arc they have planned will probably conclude around the time of Diana's 80th (November, December?).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Nothing particular concrete, obviously, but some interesting answers. Big fans of her early stuff and Darwyn Cooke's Diana from their answers it seems.

Looks like this current arc they have planned will probably conclude around the time of Diana's 80th (November, December?).
    Maybe the perfect time for a "revival" story ?

Do we know if Donna and Cassie will be on this comic? Because both have not had a connection to Diana at all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Do we know if Donna and Cassie will be on this comic? Because both have not had a connection to Diana at all
    Sounds like they won't be used early but potentially will show up later:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Sounds like they won't be used early but potentially will show up later:

At least they care about addressing them and about the Wonder Family in general, they just have to deal with Diana's current situation first.

Seems like there will be some type of big storyline and/or event around her 80th. Sounds like it maybe use the family?

Incredible Member

I'm not sure how to quote the Reddit forum, but someone did ask about Wondy's classic villains, and the creators' answers are below. I noticed Conrad made a particular mention of the "Dr." villains, so I'm hoping Psycho, Poison, and Cyber make an appearance or preferably several.

Cloonan also says that a few familiar villainous faces will show up in the God Sphere although more will show up once that particular storyline has concluded. Both are copy and pasted below. Also, just because I know a lot of people here care; they said that while Diana will start off as more "warrior" in their run, they are gunning for the balance of diplomat/warrior that is important to the uniqueness of the character and her mission.

level 2
    michaelwconrad
    3 hours ago
    Yes! I love the classic rogues gallery, especially the ones with Doctor in the name! Yes we will use some of them!

beckycloonan
    3 hours ago
    Hello! Thank you so much! Issue 2 of IWW is one of the proudest I‘ve ever been about working on a comic, can’t wait for you to read it! Villains have been a big point of discussion for us- I always believe that having a solid villain helps to define a hero in so many nuanced ways that would be impossible otherwise. We start out in the Sphere of the Gods so we’ve got a few new characters I hope you’ll like, but we have a lot of big stuff planned for her rogues gallery after that so hold on tight!! I think you’ll be stoked. (Edited to add that we’ll definitely be seeing a few familiar faces in the Sphere of the Gods too... heh)

I like most of what they said. And in general, they both seem really cool. So I am hopeful that we're in for a good run.

I hope this Sphere of the Gods thing doesn't last for too long though.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's encouraging that they are citing the rogues gallery as a point of discussion.

Rucka made a mention of the "Drs" before his second run started, and he ended up using Cheetah, Cale, Poison and Cyber. I'm hoping this extends to the use of Giganta and Psycho. Does she have any more? The only one I can think of is Dr. Domino and I'm not holding my breath for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I'm not sure how to quote the Reddit forum, but someone did ask about Wondy's classic villains, and the creators' answers are below. I noticed Conrad made a particular mention of the "Dr." villains, so I'm hoping Psycho, Poison, and Cyber make an appearance or preferably several.

Cloonan also says that a few familiar villainous faces will show up in the God Sphere although more will show up once that particular storyline has concluded. Both are copy and pasted below. Also, just because I know a lot of people here care; they said that while Diana will start off as more "warrior" in their run, they are gunning for the balance of diplomat/warrior that is important to the uniqueness of the character and her mission.

level 2
    michaelwconrad
    3 hours ago
    Yes! I love the classic rogues gallery, especially the ones with Doctor in the name! Yes we will use some of them!

beckycloonan
    3 hours ago
    Hello! Thank you so much! Issue 2 of IWW is one of the proudest I‘ve ever been about working on a comic, can’t wait for you to read it! Villains have been a big point of discussion for us- I always believe that having a solid villain helps to define a hero in so many nuanced ways that would be impossible otherwise. We start out in the Sphere of the Gods so we’ve got a few new characters I hope you’ll like, but we have a lot of big stuff planned for her rogues gallery after that so hold on tight!! I think you’ll be stoked. (Edited to add that we’ll definitely be seeing a few familiar faces in the Sphere of the Gods too... heh)
    The question about the warrior/diplomat stuff was what most stood out to me also so these are some good signs.

Given we’ll be in Norse territory atm, hopefully the familiar faces involve Gundra.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I had a Twitter conversation with Conrad about a month ago in which he expressed a fondness for both Dr. Poison and Queen Clea so hopefully that means we'll see them in this run.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.