Page 229 of 258 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 3858
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Seems a bit weird for Diana to stop being WW when other heroes are getting their status quos back for dawn of DC.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Seems a bit weird for Diana to stop being WW when other heroes are getting their status quos back for dawn of DC.
    No it is a good thing. Let the boring new girl yara and nubia, take their crummy places in solo and jl. Diana has suffered enough.

"Princess of Themyscira" and "Diana Prince." I dunno, maybe they're giving her a secret identity again? Or her persona gets split in two?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    So I guess Sampere joins the lists of praised DC artists who draw a WW I don't care for.
    Is it the face?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Is it the face?
    My bar is high and few manage to meet it. Blame Perez and Jimenez.

Anyways, nice to see Paquette kept it in his pants that month's variant.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-02-2022 at 04:03 PM.

My bar is high and few manage to meet it. Blame Perez and Jimenez.

Anyways, nice to see Paquette kept it in his pants that month's variant.
    I just notice her having a smolder .

I just notice her having a smolder .
    Yep, just another generic Warrior Woman variant.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bruce never really lost his and Clark’s 85th being next year (plus the S&L TV show and cartoon) are likely part of why they’re reverting. With Yara however they initially held off on making her WW, I suspect, because of the CW show which didn’t happen. Now I think they’re finally pulling the trigger on that. But I expect a SSOKE/Action status quo where Diana still gets her own book regardless of whether or not Yara takes the title too, and you know Diana will be back to her normal status quo in time for WW3 which is likely going to come out in 2024.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bruce never really lost his and Clark’s 85th being next year (plus the S&L TV show and cartoon) are likely part of why they’re reverting. With Yara however they initially held off on making her WW, I suspect, because of the CW show which didn’t happen. Now I think they’re finally pulling the trigger on that. But I expect a SSOKE/Action status quo where Diana still gets her own book regardless of whether or not Yara takes the title too, and you know Diana will be back to her normal status quo in time for WW3 which is likely going to come out in 2024.
    What if they go for a Reign of the Supermen/Who is Wonder Woman type situation? There are multiple Wonder Women including some villainous ones: Nubia, Yara, Artemis, and Circe.

This way there's a Wonder Woman for each tribe plus Circe.

Yep, just another generic Warrior Woman variant.
    Eh, I don't really see "warrior woman." She just has the shield and is just standing there.

Facially she reminds me of Nicola Scott's Diana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I mean, seeing what's happening with Jace and Jon not sure if there's much of a point making Yara a Wonder Woman now.

Eh, I don't really see "warrior woman." She just has the shield and is just standing there.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yeah there is nothing Warrior Woman about that cover.

It reminded me of Scott, too. I don’t know this artist’s work, but I like this cover.

As for Paquette’s “controversial” cover, I don’t see what the big deal is. (And I’m usually one of the prudish ones around here. Heh) It looks intentionally comical to me.
    Last edited by Largo161; 12-03-2022 at 01:09 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Incredible Member

No offense to Mary Marvel, but did we need to use WW's book to prop up characters from another franchise??? Like, a crossover series starring WW and Shazam characters is one thing, but taking away page space that could go to any of the myriad of Wonder ladies who lacks for screen time feels criminal. Why couldn't they just give her a separate one-shot? Am I being petty?

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    No offense to Mary Marvel, but did we need to use WW's book to prop up characters from another franchise??? Like, a crossover series starring WW and Shazam characters is one thing, but taking away page space that could go to any of the myriad of Wonder ladies who lacks for screen time feels criminal. Why couldn't they just give her a separate one-shot? Am I being petty?
    It's in line with the other backups from what I've seen, Martian Manhunter was a backup in a Superman one and I think some some Wildstorm characters were backups in one of the Batman titles.

I liked the Young Di stuff but can't really think of any other Wonder characters I'd have spotlighted. Different medium but Artemis has the Outlaws Webtoon and Hippolyta already has Historia.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I just ask for Donna Troy fans to not get angry over the top when the role of Wonder Woman isn't conceded to Donna Troy (again)
    Donna fans are use to disappointment