Page 54 of 258 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

^ Sames here. The narrative and thematic juiciness in just these preview pages is great. And this art! Bless.

And another interview. This was recorded when only #770 was out

For those interested;

-They were somewhat surprised by positive reception of the first few issues given they're aware of people getting tired of stuff like "de-powering", amnesia/memory issues, new possible romantic partner.
    -Didn't think they'd get away with Diana getting her head chopped off.
    -They're very exited about the stuff they're currently working on, which should either be the 80th anniversary stuff or a bit beyond that at their current rate.
    -Darwyn Cooke is Conrad's favorite version of Wonder Woman. Chiang, at least in terms of artistic depiction, is Cloonan's. They also speak positively of previous writers like Rucka and Jimenez.
    -They don't have any real end goal for the book at the moment but like in earlier interviews, they have years worth of proposed stories. They say they're actually setting up plotlines that will hopefully be payed off a year later. They acknowledge how long they stay on depends on stuff like sales, word-of-mouth, etc, etc.
    -Members of the Wonder Woman family are likely not appearing until after the Sphere of the Gods/Multiverse storyline. They think they'll be able to most of them eventually however in some form. Though it also depends on what other books are doing with them; Wonder Girl and Justice League.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

For those interested;

-They were somewhat surprised by positive reception of the first few issues given they're aware of people getting tired of stuff like "de-powering", amnesia/memory issues, new possible romantic partner.
    -They're very exited about the stuff they're currently working on, which should either be the 80th anniversary stuff or a bit beyond that at their current rate.
    -Darwyn Cooke is Conrad's favorite version of Wonder Woman. Chiang, at least in terms of artistic depiction, is Cloonan's. They also speak positively of previous writers like Rucka and Jimenez.
    -They don't have any real end goal for the book at the moment but like in earlier interviews, they have years worth of proposed stories. They say they're actually setting up plotlines that will hopefully be payed off a year later. They acknowledge how long they stay on depends on stuff like sales, word-of-mouth, etc, etc.
    -Members of the Wonder Woman family are likely not appearing until after the Sphere of the Gods/Multiverse storyline. They think they'll be able to most of them eventually however in some form. Though it also depends on what other books are doing with them; Wonder Girl and Justice League.
    Then i'm afraid they won't last. DC expects WW to seeˇll a lot of comics without putting much effort and letting her settle. So i don't have much hopes for this team either.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Then i'm afraid they won't last. DC expects WW to seeˇll a lot of comics without putting much effort and letting her settle. So i don't have much hopes for this team either.
    I'll call it a win if they can at least get to equal to Rucka's 25 issues + his story in the annual.
    Last edited by Gaius; 06-06-2021 at 09:07 PM.

When was Diana's head chopped off recently?? Did Zach Snyder take over the WW book and I missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    When was Diana's head chopped off recently?? Did Zach Snyder take over the WW book and I missed it?
    She got killed in a recent issue, but because it’s Valhalla she revived the next day.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Chopped off seems like strong wording. I didn't interpret the panel that way because we don't see the injury but considering the force of the attack I get that's likely what happened.

For those interested;

I too am surprised by how much I like it despite being very tired of those tropes. They just managed to make the stuff very non-grating.

I hope the they get a sales boost once the anniversary special puts more attention on WW as does the inclusion of the Wonder family. Word of mouth at least seems to be strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Chopped off seems like strong wording. I didn't interpret the panel that way because we don't see the injury but considering the force of the attack I get that's likely what happened.
    she mentioned her head got chopped off after she woke up on the bed in issue #770. It was pretty subtle though.

I too am surprised by how much I like it despite being very tired of those tropes. They just managed to make the stuff very non-grating.

I hope the they get a sales boost once the anniversary special puts more attention on WW as does the inclusion of the Wonder family. Word of mouth at least seems to be strong.
    The Immortal Hulk writer did a similar thing and that book is also well received (and I personally enjoy that book too. ). Context and setting matter a lot, I think.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

For those interested;

So they have an idea about people not liking the 'depowering' of the character, yet from what I have read and seen on previews, they have done just that.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    So they have an idea about people not liking the 'depowering' of the character, yet from what I have read and seen on previews, they have done just that.
    Because maybe some people care about interesting stories and that's what they are giving us. I'm very comfortable with Diana's "power level". What I'm missing is a creative use of the lasso.

If you're enjoying the run then keep recomending it to other people. Best chance we have of actually getting these writers to stick around. We don't need another team coming in and having to start over.

This is the easiest run in years to get new people. It's a clean jumping point and it's full of intrigue, fun, action and compelling character work. And the pacing is totally lit.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-07-2021 at 04:41 AM.

Well, It was more than “have an idea”, they said they know “you aren't supposed to do it”.

Pretty sure after issue #773 the depower phase will be over. She’s started getting them back last issue.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I don't think Diana is actually depowered, more so unaware of her powers and how to use them. As her memory comes back, I think her ability to use her powers will too.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Because maybe some people care about interesting stories and that's what they are giving us. I'm very comfortable with Diana's "power level". What I'm missing is a creative use of the lasso.
    Sure, you like the street level garbage we have been riddled with of late.

But if a writer cannot utilize her powers to the fullest, then they are not that good as writers. I don't want Black Canary, I want Wonder Woman!

Sure, you like the street level garbage we have been riddled with of late.

But if a writer cannot utilize her powers to the fullest, then they are not that good as writers. I don't want Black Canary, I want Wonder Woman!
    It's more than fair for you to feel that way, I just don't care. And I hope fans don't stop supporting the book while interesting stories are being told just because they think she isn't strong enough.