Page 52 of 258 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Because then we get a another New 52 to Rebirth situation where we don't know what's cannon and what isn't. Plus 3 completely different origins in 10 years is ridiculous.

If they just keep the Rebirth origin and toss her back in time like they did Green Arrow recently then that's fine, but then it's like if she's been around for 80 years why did she let all those terrible things happen... it's just like Captain America from Endgame only she actually is powerful enough to stop all of those things single-handedly.
    Does anybody really care about continuity at this point? I think writers should build upon what came before, but that doesn't mean that they can't change history and still use ideas from previous writers.

As far as that critique of Wonder Woman "allowing events to take place", who knows if that's even true? Maybe history is different. That's what's fun about this whole thing. And do you remember New Frontier? It showed that Diana could be a counter culture figure that intervenes in actual conflicts, but not always be successful in her exploits. But she was still inspiring in New Frontier despite not being able to change society at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Isn't this basically just hinting at the canon that shes lived on the island for a long time before leaving? It would hardly be the first time in canon where she was older than she looked
    That he talked about spoilers makes me think it part of some upcoming storyline. Guess we'll have to wait and see with the next solicitations.

I won't judge it till I see it, since it might not even be happening, or if it is, it might not happen in a way that irks me. Plus I guess if they where planning on ripping everything that happened in Rebirth out by the roots they wouldn't have spent 20 more issues on it after #750.

But, I'm very wary about this whole thing.

Incredible Member

In that interview Conrad let it slip at the 102-103 minute mark that "In the real world she's been around for 80 years and in the comic world she might have been around for longer then that." and that he "doesn't want to spoil to much there" so...
    Sounds good to me, but then I seem to be weird in that I'm one of the few people with an open mind towards an origin change. And if it's going to happen in the Wonder Woman book written by writers who have been doing a very good job with her, all the better. I wonder if this will jump ahead from the young Diana stories to her new origin in WWII (or even WWI from their line about "longer than that" and they really want to draw on the movie continuity.). Maybe the back ups will continue to progress through Diana's history filling in the holes and questions. Perhaps we can get a elaboration on Donna's current origin from Orlando's run.

That being said, I understand the apprehension about what this could mean for Steve as well as some other characters from Rucka's run. As well as fatigue with them retelling her origin again, but the faults I have with Rucka's set up are enough for me to be ok with a new attempt. I'm hoping for the best.

They don't really have to retell her origin (and I hope they don't). In fact, the most important part isn't how she arrived on this world, it's what she did ever since.

We could get an epic saga about a Diana that fought in World War 1 and then went around the world championing for women's rights. Then WW2 happened and she saw the barbarities of both Axis and Allies and became hurt by humanity. Maybe she returned to Paradise Island momentarily, or maybe she stayed in Europe to mend wounds. She and Steve grew closer and travelled east, as the women in america went from working in factories to being housewives again. Maybe she and Steve had amazing tales and eventually Steve either passed on or discovered that what he wanted was to live among the amazons as one of them.

Eventually she went to Korea and Vietnam (like we saw in New Frontier) and then returned to America in the 70s with the arrival of the counter culture. Imagine Diana with the hippies, and the gender transgressive figures like David Bowie and Freddie Mercury. And maybe then we get the Jiminez era of the United Nations and an open Paradise Island, and we come back to the present, for a new unexpected era, Diana goes where no Wonder Woman has gone before.

Okay I'll stop dreaming. Who knows what those comments by Becky and Mike might have meant. We shouldn't worry about it till it happens. But I'm optimistic about whatever they do. Who thought that Diana needed another story about gods? And yet they did something trully wonderful with it.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-01-2021 at 01:16 AM.

Honestly, I was never too hot about Steve in the comics, and I dread whenever a writer brings him back, so her origin being in the early 20th century is a relief since I don't have to endure more of Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Honestly, I was never too hot about Steve in the comics, and I dread whenever a writer brings him back, so her origin being in the early 20th century is a relief since I don't have to endure more of Steve.
    Putting her origin in the 20th century won’t get rid of Steve. The writers already said they want to bring Steve back. (IIRC that was in their Reddit AmA)

He was on the teaser after all, close to the forefront.

Edit: Yeah I found it. He also concluded with saying Steve is important to the WW mythos so yeah, they Stevie fans.

376879C2-2977-434C-9F64-EFF7D61F3DF3.jpg
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 06-01-2021 at 02:58 AM.

I'm interested in how they'll handle Steve. Will he meet Siegfried. Are we going poly? xD

And on the topic of Steve. I'd love to see Earth-11 Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Sounds good to me, but then I seem to be weird in that I'm one of the few people with an open mind towards an origin change. And if it's going to happen in the Wonder Woman book written by writers who have been doing a very good job with her, all the better. I wonder if this will jump ahead from the young Diana stories to her new origin in WWII (or even WWI from their line about "longer than that" and they really want to draw on the movie continuity.). Maybe the back ups will continue to progress through Diana's history filling in the holes and questions. Perhaps we can get a elaboration on Donna's current origin from Orlando's run.

That being said, I understand the apprehension about what this could mean for Steve as well as some other characters from Rucka's run. As well as fatigue with them retelling her origin again, but the faults I have with Rucka's set up are enough for me to be ok with a new attempt. I'm hoping for the best.
    They have express their love of Orlando’s work (and I’m guessing that includes WW, they mostly talk about what he did with Midnighter)

They also talked a lot about bringing the Wonder-fam back into the fold, including Donna.

E0234DD8-7B54-4D5F-8C26-E7D88660A20D.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I'm interested in how they'll handle Steve. Will he meet Siegfried. Are we going poly? xD

And on the topic of Steve. I'd love to see Earth-11 Steve.
    It sounds like they want to put Diana and Steve back in a relationship (but I could be misinterpreting that). I think they’d be down for a poly relationship with Siggy though.

(Sorry for the terrible screen-shots y’all, IDK why they are so small...)

F71A3760-4FD7-4AE3-A342-2485358D98FF.jpg

A2914803-1153-4DA8-BF3E-E32301502D0B.jpg

Would Earth-11 Steve be named Stephanie?
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 06-01-2021 at 03:08 AM.

Didn't like Rucka's WW run so I'm all for it getting thrown away, but I hope that this doesn't immediately lead to another "listen up folks, all this previous stuff was bullshit, this is what actually happened" story. Just write new stuff and maybe few years later do the clean up if there is actual demand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Didn't like Rucka's WW run so I'm all for it getting thrown away, but I hope that this doesn't immediately lead to another "listen up folks, all this previous stuff was bullshit, this is what actually happened" story. Just write new stuff and maybe few years later do the clean up if there is actual demand for it.
    I do like Rucka’s second WW run, but I do admit that part was rather frustrating.

The writers also said they love Perez and Rucka’s runs, but loving them don’t mean squat when you got editorial breathing down you’re neck.

That’s why I’m not too keen on this, throwing WW back to the 40’s feels like it’s something editorial is forcing.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 06-01-2021 at 03:25 AM.

They have express their love of Orlando’s work (and I’m guessing that includes WW, they mostly talk about what he did with Midnighter)

They also talked a lot about bringing the Wonder-fam back into the fold, including Donna.

It sounds like they want to put Diana and Steve back in a relationship (but I could be misinterpreting that). I think they’d be down for a poly relationship with Siggy though.

Given the upcoming trade collects up to #779. I assume they'll probably get into all this stuff after that.

Pulling for Artemis appearence myself, would hate to lose her to the Bat-books.

I could see them pairing the three of them together. The enemy is clearly upper editorial, lol.

As much as I enjoy WW already, I am very excited about what they have planned with the family.

Nice that they even mentioned the wardrobe in one of the answers. Seeing Diana in so many different costumes - even if only on the covers so far - is cool.

Could be Stephanie or maybe just something with 'St'. Dane isn't a variation of Diana, so anything could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Given the upcoming trade collects up to #779. I assume they'll probably get into all this stuff after that.

Seems likely.

Artemis should be back in the WW corner given that we got her in SWW and on the promo cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Jason infected her with honorary bat-family-itus when they kissed.

The only treatment is an abundance of new wonder-fam group shots.

So, did Wonder Woman actually die in some event and that is the reason why she is in Asgard for the moment?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut