Page 96 of 258 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Before he got to that point, he dated a mermaid so he and Diana really aren't that different. They're pretty much even when it comes to weird love interests in that they both dated Mer people. She only has one more, Bird Boy, but I'm sure someone more well versed in obscure Golden/Silver Age Superman lore can find another weird love interest to match that.

And his marriage with Lois should never be normal considering how bonkers their courtship days were.
    I'm not talking about their dating history. I'm talking about their backgrounds and personalities (or at least my prefered personalities). Clark's main thing is that he's an alien living a normal life as a reporter, and was raised by a simple and warm couple. He really values the relationship between his parents as an adopted kid. Plus the fact that he's one of the last kryptonians and thus would probably want to take that step in reviving his people by having children of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Look guys, Steve shouldn't have the same significance that Lois Lane has, not even because of who he is as a character, but because Diana should have a love life that isn't so percluded to the two types she keeps hooking up with, the "douche with a heart of gold" and the "pure hearted man of action catalog model".

Trevor Barnes was the most unique out of all her pairings, but I still want Diana to date more weird people. The one good thing I can say about the Kanigher romances is that most of them were freaks, AND THAT'S GREAT!!!!

Clark Kent is the exact type of person that would want a normal life-long relationship and kids, but Diana is much more adventurous and I for one am sick of seeing her having such boring romantic interests.
    Can I just agree, with all of that? I think the idea that Diana's got to be stuck in this instant-marriage, with heroic Col. Steve, since 1941, ..is archaic and weird!

Why should she be? She doesn't need to be chained to this man, no matter how virtuous he is, for protection of her virtue, ..as in the Middle Ages. Wonder Woman left Paradise Island, because Amazon law forbade Steve to be there, and because she wanted to fight for freedom and justice, in the outside world, ..as her Amazon sisters had, in classical times. She left, because nothing in the Amazon myth or even Marston's mythos shows any daughter of Hippolyta would ever be content to sit on an embroidered pillow, in a palace, never having earned her Amazon stripes ..or tasted her sisters' fight for freedom. That should be enough; she doesn't need love for Steve to justify what she sacrifices to be Wonder Woman.

Pardon me, while I dial down my inner Carol A. Strickland. God bless that feminist comics historian.*

I would add, for myself, that Wonder Woman should date any lagoon creature, dragonslayer god, vampire, Redbeard the Pirate or World War II fighter pilot, she wants. So, now, she's got (almost forgot) ..Siggy! Siegfried, as envisioned by Michael W. Conrad and Becky Cloonan, is an irreverent, metrosexual Asgardian, with arcane knowledge, sure to come in handy on bizarre missions, abroad! Why shouldn't she sno-au...befriend [Koff, koff.] a man, who isn't Kryptonian or a masked vigilante, who actually brings something useful to her peculiar line of work?

Anyway, Alpha said it, fine. More than fine.

*Carol was badass, before we started calling it that. Look alive, Kangalier! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...angled-panties

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Thanxs!!

I guess they didn't use The Spectre because he dies at the end of Infinite Frontier #0, but Hera also dies, although later she is quite alive in the Wonder Girl comic.... And Diana brings her back, but supposedly she had been killed by Janus and not by Darkseid. How many Heras are out there?
    How many HERAS are there? Great Hera!

I think Brian's obsessive, 52 Hera and Marston's Queen Desira of Venus are two of a bold kind. They're both strong-willed, comically bombastic women, entitled to their way and more than happy to remind you of that! They're so much fun to read, interacting with Wonder Woman. If I can't have one, back in the comic, I'll gladly take the other, ..and I think Diana needs that lumpy chowder to challenge her level-headedness, sometimes. Like...

Diana's going, "I've got the wisdom of Athena, and I know you're a queen and all, but, giu-urrrll...for'realz - you bout' to push my la-aasst nerve! For'realz!"

Wonder Woman needs a bug in her bonnet, sometimes, ye all. Keeps it fresh!

Anyway, if the last arc is any indication, I'm looking forward to what Cloonrad has in store, for memorable, appropriately quirky supporting characters in WW.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-22-2021 at 06:30 PM. Reason: reference, style
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I don't really want to see Wonder Woman date half animal people like she does in the Kanigher era...
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Why should she be? She doesn't need to be chained to this man, no matter how virtuous he is, for protection of her virtue, ..as in the Middle Ages. Wonder Woman left Paradise Island, because Amazon law forbade Steve to be there, and because she wanted to fight for freedom and justice, in the outside world, ..as her Amazon sisters had, in classical times. She left, because nothing in the Amazon myth or even Marston's mythos shows any daughter of Hippolyta would ever be content to sit on an embroidered pillow, in a palace, never having earned her Amazon stripes ..or tasted her sisters' fight for freedom. That should be enough; she doesn't need love for Steve to justify what she sacrifices to be Wonder Woman.
    F yeahh!. Very well put

Pardon me, while I dial down my inner Carol A. Strickland. God bless that feminist comics historian.*
    Her website is fantastic, though still not big enough.

Diana's going, "I've got the wisdom of Athena, and I know you're a queen and all, but, giu-urrrll...for'realz - you bout' to push my la-aasst nerve! For'realz!"
    Hahaha, now that's just lovely. I do love the way you write about these things, even when I ocasionally disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I don't really want to see Wonder Woman date half animal people like she does in the Kanigher era...
    That's not all we're talking about. I want her to date Death of the Endless. I want her to date Dream Girl. I want her to date B'wanna Beast. All of these people are poetic and fascinating. They are a really unique viewpoint of the world. And they all look rather unique. That's what I want.

As Mel Dyer wrote
    I would add, for myself, that Wonder Woman should date any lagoon creature, dragonslayer god, vampire, Redbeard the Pirate or World War II fighter pilot, she wants
    Heck, the best Wonder Woman kiss in history was with the goddess Artemis in an Elseworld story.
    Attachment 109415

It's totally extravagant and amazing. This is the type of romances Wonder Woman needs.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-23-2021 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    F yeahh!. Very well put

Her website is fantastic, though still not big enough...
    Thanks, Alpha. Unbelievable what Carol has managed to cover, isn't it? I'd love to see more of her insight.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Can I just agree, with all of that? I think the idea that Diana's got to be stuck in this instant-marriage, with heroic Col. Steve, since 1941, ..is archaic and weird!

I would add, for myself, that Wonder Woman should date any lagoon creature, dragonslayer god, vampire, Redbeard the Pirate or World War II fighter pilot, she wants. So, now, she's got (almost forgot) ..Siggy! Siegfried, as envisioned by Michael W. Conrad and Becky Cloonan, is an irreverent, metrosexual Asgardian, with arcane knowledge, sure to come in handy on bizarre missions, abroad! Why shouldn't she sno-au...befriend [Koff, koff.] a man, who isn't Kryptonian or a masked vigilante, who actually brings something useful to her peculiar line of work?

Anyway, Alpha said it, fine. More than fine.

*Carol was badass, before we started calling it that. Look alive, Kangalier! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...angled-panties

How many HERAS are there? Great Hera!

I think Brian's obsessive, 52 Hera and Marston's Queen Desira of Venus are two of a bold kind. They're both strong-willed, comically bombastic women, entitled to their way and more than happy to remind you of that! They're so much fun to read, interacting with Wonder Woman. If I can't have one, back in the comic, I'll gladly take the other, ..and I think Diana needs that lumpy chowder to challenge her level-headedness, sometimes. Like...

Wonder Woman needs a bug in her bonnet, sometimes, ye all. Keeps it fresh!

Anyway, if the last arc is any indication, I'm looking forward to what Cloonrad has in store, for memorable, appropriately quirky supporting characters in WW.
    Haha I agree. She's still human and not matter how compassionate and loving she is, sometimes she's gonna get irritated or pissed off or petty or something. That's why I loved in this latest issue when past Janus does his evil monologuing and Diana says something like it was you? then just sucker punches him. I love that. What a way to say "what a dick" without verbalizing it.

Amazing Member

I just love his WW. I wish DC would consider him as the regular artist.....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas71 View Post
    I just love his WW. I wish DC would consider him as the regular artist.....
    Seriously. He's a great fit. We keep getting teased with good pencillers only for them to stick around for glorified guest spots, basically.

I agree. He deserves to be regular penciller.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Seriously. He's a great fit. We keep getting teased with good pencillers only for them to stick around for glorified guest spots, basically.
    Seems to be the case with most artists, on many books, these days.

Batman has lucked out with Jorge Jimenez, but off the top of my head I can't think of too many titles that currently feature an artist that's done more than a handful of consecutive issues...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Seems to be the case with most artists, on many books, these days.

Batman has lucked out with Jorge Jimenez, but off the top of my head I can't think of too many titles that currently feature an artist that's done more than a handful of consecutive issues...
    Batman hasn't lucked into anything, that book sells over 100k every month. That's the only reason the artist stick around. Why would any artist stay on a 30k book, artists can draw one issue a month and maybe a cover or two. Staying on a 30k for a long time would be losing money.

The goal is to hop around new exciting #1 issues until your a big enough star, then it's good bye ongoings and hello events only. That's the dream only drawing a handful of issue per year, with loads of lead-time and still topping the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrap View Post
    Batman hasn't lucked into anything, that book sells over 100k every month. That's the only reason the artist stick around. Why would any artist stay on a 30k book, artists can draw one issue a month and maybe a cover or two. Staying on a 30k for a long time would be losing money.

The goal is to hop around new exciting #1 issues until your a big enough star, then it's good bye ongoings and hello events only. That's the dream only drawing a handful of issue per year, with loads of lead-time and still topping the charts.
    Not quite. The goal is to go creator owned where you can make loads of money when one of you stories gets adapted by Hollywood. The actual comics work is small fry compared to that kind of money.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Wouldn’t it be cool if they did a Wonder Woman and Wonde girl backup story during their time as a team? Like donna troy in her golden age costume.