Page 117 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2015
  1. #1741
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    9,404

    Default

    Anyways, I thought the Annual was decent but it's mainly more setup for Trial of the Amazons. I think my only real critique is that Diana felt weirdly more aggressive here than she has been under Cloonan/Conrad.

    Highlight was probably the Dianna/Etta stuff.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-01-2021 at 09:09 AM.

  2. #1742
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Anyways, I thought the Annual was decent but it's mainly more setup for Trial of the Amazons. I think my only real critique is that Diana felt weirdly more aggressive here than she has been under Cloonan/Conrad.

    Highlight was probably the Dianna/Etta stuff.
    I agree. I liked it but damned if I'm not ready for Trial already.

    Altuum is very cool though. He reminds me a little of the butler from Gargoyles. He can get it.

  3. #1743
    Just crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Oh my god, enough about her being bulletproof. We get it, you don't like their answer. Let's move on.
    Since you are a moderator, does this mean that if I mention this or something similar again, I will be banned? Because I do not follow into your ideas of Wonder Woman?

    Just curious.

  4. #1744
    Fantastic Member SonOfBaldwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Oh my god, enough about her being bulletproof. We get it, you don't like their answer. Let's move on.
    Yes, please. Can we talk about the Annual and how it is leading us to Trial of the Amazons?
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

  5. #1745

  6. #1746
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Thank you for sharing. I actually loved reading that power players are DC take Wonder Woman and her world seriously. I would argue that we are already seeing the fruit of their labor. I loved the comments on sisterhood, how Wonder Woman is inherently subversive and psychological, and how they hope Nubia will one day be as big in her own right as Wonder Woman.

    I wish we could have gotten more of an inside look or idea about Trial of the Amazons, but I'm happy that Trial is almost here and it seems like we may be getting some more tribes or at least rogue/villainous(?) Amazons.

  7. #1747
    Incredible Member Sebastianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    540

    Default

    As I had already assumed, this annual has no connection with the current story arc, but rather lays the foundations for the great event.
    There is a great sense of awkwardness in Diana throughout this annual, almost as if it's not her (in Cloonrad's voice) except when she interacts with Etta.
    The art is quite uneven and it made me miss Moore and Takara even more.
    At the end is the announcement of The Trial of the Amazons # 1, which makes me suppose that there will be books of their own such as the War of the Gods, interspersed in the main series of Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl.
    I really wish that Nubia had her own ongoing too.

  8. #1748
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Since you are a moderator, does this mean that if I mention this or something similar again, I will be banned? Because I do not follow into your ideas of Wonder Woman?

    Just curious.
    I'm not a moderator of the Wonder Woman board, but as per the rules:

    **NEW RULE** Negativity and you. The last thing we want to do is to stifle good, spirited debate and discussion so long as it adheres to the rules. However, there is still such a thing as going too far. Repeatedly posting the same complaint over and over again, either in one thread or, worse, repeating it over multiple threads, has got to stop. I'm repeatedly seeing various threads and discussions all being dragged down the same dark road by posters popping into a bunch of different discussions and spamming their negativity.

  9. #1749
    Fantastic Member HestiasHearth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Themyscira
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    By them not answering basic questions like what mystical41 has written about, it leaves much to be desired about how they 'really' respect her powerwise within the comic book community.

    If she said she was invulnerable, but they can't answer basic questions on whether she is bulletproof, then there is a logical fallacy there.

    If she does get shot and injured by something like a bullet or similar object, then stating that she is invulnerable makes no absolute sense.

    Given that their first story arc started with an amnesiac, powerless Wonder Woman, this does not instill confidence in me that they can show her to be the powerhouse that she rightfully should be. She needs a major battle, against someone that people would respect and say, 'Wow, so Wondy is that powerful!', but most of her villains don't lend themselves to be epic powerhouses.
    She has some villains that could easily be resurrected and become powerhouses: the Adjudicator, Devastation, the Empress of the Silver Snake, and Queen Clea come to mind. Heck, she fought Quetzalcoatl, a powerful Aztec god. The thing is, does DC/WB want to spend time and care nurturing these not-so-famous WW foes into prominence and power, in order to give Diana some powerhouse battles and some much needed rogues?

  10. #1750
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    9,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I agree. I liked it but damned if I'm not ready for Trial already.

    Altuum is very cool though. He reminds me a little of the butler from Gargoyles. He can get it.
    Yeah, was kind of hoping for something standalone given they're already building up to Trial with Nubia and Bana backup.

  11. #1751
    Just crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm not a moderator of the Wonder Woman board, but as per the rules:
    You can read through all my posts if you want, but this is the first time I ever responded to her being 'bullet proof'. So I did not repeat a complaint repeatedly since this was my first time with respect to the bullet proof argument.

    But sure, lump me in with others who share a similar view and then assume that is what I always do.

    To be fair, I constantly chirp on the fact of her lack of consistent or show of strength in powers, especially flight and why it took 4 movies before she even got that one (could still be a gliding thing, not sure yet how this will turn out until her latest movie).

    And I don't think it is negative, but only a statement of facts about the consistent poor showing that Wonder Woman has had of late. The DCEU comes to mind as well as the latest Justice Society movie.

  12. #1752
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    You can read through all my posts if you want, but this is the first time I ever responded to her being 'bullet proof'. So I did not repeat a complaint repeatedly since this was my first time with respect to the bullet proof argument.

    But sure, lump me in with others who share a similar view and then assume that is what I always do.

    To be fair, I constantly chirp on the fact of her lack of consistent or show of strength in powers, especially flight and why it took 4 movies before she even got that one (could still be a gliding thing, not sure yet how this will turn out until her latest movie).

    And I don't think it is negative, but only a statement of facts about the consistent poor showing that Wonder Woman has had of late. The DCEU comes to mind as well as the latest Justice Society movie.
    The bullet proof thing is just an extension of power level complaints.

    We all can get negative/heated and we definitely don't all agree on everything when it comes to the WW verse (see Marston purists vs. Perez purists, who is her real arch nemesis, should Steve stay around, etc.). But pointing out "facts" enough to the point of beating a dead horse pretty much IS creating a cloud of negativity if the comments from a few posters don't branch into other topics and deviate different thread topics.

  13. #1753
    Just crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The bullet proof thing is just an extension of power level complaints.

    We all can get negative/heated and we definitely don't all agree on everything when it comes to the WW verse (see Marston purists vs. Perez purists, who is her real arch nemesis, should Steve stay around, etc.). But pointing out "facts" enough to the point of beating a dead horse pretty much IS creating a cloud of negativity if the comments from a few posters don't branch into other topics and deviate different thread topics.
    And everything isn't unicorns and rainbows, as some would seem to suggest here. According to a few of the posters here, nothing has ever been better than it has been now for the Wonder Woman universe. I beg to differ, but then again I haven't been spending any of my money lately on Wonder Woman products. For all I know, the posters here could be right and this is the best of all time periods to be a Wonder Woman fan. But I got suckered into thinking that and bought the first arc of the Cloonrad comic and was severely disappointed.

    I hope Wonder Woman gets better. Justice Society, Cloonrad 1st arc and WW84 isn't lending me to believe that is happening!

  14. #1754
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    And everything isn't unicorns and rainbows, as some would seem to suggest here. According to a few of the posters here, nothing has ever been better than it has been now for the Wonder Woman universe. I beg to differ, but then again I haven't been spending any of my money lately on Wonder Woman products. For all I know, the posters here could be right and this is the best of all time periods to be a Wonder Woman fan. But I got suckered into thinking that and bought the first arc of the Cloonrad comic and was severely disappointed.

    I hope Wonder Woman gets better. Justice Society, Cloonrad 1st arc and WW84 isn't lending me to believe that is happening!
    I also really, really disliked Cloonrad's first arc. However, I have found the beginning of the Image Maker and the Annual much better. If you are a fan of relationships, the Etta/Diana relationship in only two issues is the best it's been in years.

    Nubia is also great.

    I haven't read Wonder Girl - I'm waiting on the trade - but the reviews have been consistently good.

    I also liked the Artemis backup.

    However, none of these show any great "feats," but they do a wonderful amount of world and relationship building.

  15. #1755
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SouthEast Tennessee
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I also really, really disliked Cloonrad's first arc. However, I have found the beginning of the Image Maker and the Annual much better. If you are a fan of relationships, the Etta/Diana relationship in only two issues is the best it's been in years.

    Nubia is also great.

    I haven't read Wonder Girl - I'm waiting on the trade - but the reviews have been consistently good.

    I also liked the Artemis backup.

    However, none of these show any great "feats," but they do a wonderful amount of world and relationship building.

    Oddly enough, this is what has been missing the most in the series for some years now. So it's great to see this brought in so well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •