Page 72 of 258 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3858

Oh wow, yeah, that's a change in style but I like it. It fits.

I hope it's better than the previous issue.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm not a fan of this art, especially Diana's new costume. Hopefully the story makes up for it.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Really like the art, Jill Thompson is bringing a Vertigo vibe to this issue.

I'm kinda starting to like the shifts in art that shift with the area of the godsphere Diana's in.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I'm kinda starting to like the shifts in art that shift with the area of the godsphere Diana's in.
    Yeah, the truth that artistically makes sense, as in the Rucka's run, in the past he had one artist and for the present another. I like that.

The Comic-Con at Home Panel for WW

Breaking it down by teams and miscellaneous topics

Cloonan and Conrad:
    -Cloonan thinks the Elfeheime realm is the most fun she's had with the various worlds they've visited in the run so far
    -Excited to work with Jill Thompson, who they are both big fans of. She'll be painting her issues
    -Didn't go to much into what they're plans for post the Afterworlds arc but I'm guessing pretty good likelihood Siegfried will be joining the supporting cast (Good luck, Steve).
    -Conrad brought up wanting to explore and give some stuff to shine to other Wonder family characters (though not to overshadow Diana)

Stephanie Williams, Vita Ayala, Alitha Martinez:
    -They bring up there hasn't actually been much Nubia publication history and how that being a blank slate essentially is a little intimidating.
    -Martinez talked a bit about how excited she is to get to work a big-name adjacent character which she didn't really have much of an opportunity before.
    -I'm guessing Nubia won't be made from clay
    -Main thrust of the mini seems to be trying to establish Nubia has a character who can stand on their own (not just a Diana "player 2" re-skin)
    -Vita's favorite Amazon is Artemis (they have good taste).

Joelle Jones (couldn't make it, so sent in a brief video):
    -Appreciates and has been in communication, apparently, with Brazilian artists to better work on Yara.

When asked on their favorite WW stuff from all mediums:

Ayala- Lynda Carter pilot episode
    Conrad - DC The New Frontier
    Cloonan - Perez and Cliff Chiang (answering as an artist)
    Williams - DCAU Justice League "Maid of Honor" two-parter
    Martinez - 2017 movie
    Jones - George Perez's run.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-25-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks for the summary, Gaius!

I'm a little sad that there wasn't really any new information, but I am grateful that the creative teams seem to be looking at the bigger picture. They really want to elevate the Wonder mythos as a whole.

Also from the panel, I don't think it has been shared before:

It scares me that the little information they are giving is because their future in the series is not assured.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    It scares me that the little information they are giving is because their future in the series is not assured.
    Oh man don't even go there please. The fact that they had a Wonder Woman team meeting this week gives me some hope in that regard. Everyone knows that the 80th anniversary will be the best selling issue since 750. Hopefully it gives a good enough boost to keep them going. I think this next issue will be a good one, but the best indication of how they could be in the long run comes down to what they do with their first arc back on earth in #780.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-25-2021 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

I'm a little sad that there wasn't really any new information, but I am grateful that the creative teams seem to be looking at the bigger picture. They really want to elevate the Wonder mythos as a whole.

Damn, usually I'm pretty hit or miss with Thompson but that's gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Granted it's not like they'll announce they'll be leaving but I also didn't get much of an inclination from the panel they're wrapping things up either so I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-25-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

This just looks plain silly. Those antlers....<CRINGE>.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

From https://www.comicsbeat.com/comicconh...tiverse-panel/, this sure sounds like Cloonan & Conrad are sticking around after Diana gets back to Earth:

"Asked if Diana’s new Asgardian friend Siegfried would be returning post-”Afterworlds,” Cloonan said they wrote the character as “a hunk” and that Travis Moore drew him as a thirst trap that everyone has fallen into. Both Cloonan and Conrad said they were surprised at how quickly readers were drawn to him, and that they’re happy to bring him back. Siegfried is traditionally portrayed as a big white guy with blonde hair, and Conrad said they “didn’t necessarily want just another white dude running around.” Through research into the Vikings they discovered that the historical Siegfried may have had a Persian background, so they decided to make their character Persian as well. “He’s a much more dynamic character than he seems currently,” Conrad said, and that readers could expect to see more of that in the series. Cloonan and Conrad both praised Moore and colorist Tamra Bonvillain for bringing Siegfried to life so beautifully."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I love it. Different strokes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I like the antlers with the star, my problem is with the middle part. It's the golden eagle translated into literal golden eagle feathers. I'm not crazy about the pointy toed elf boots either but guess they fit with the theme.