Page 131 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2435
  1. #1951
    Incredible Member SonOfBaldwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Remember, it was only one year ago at this time Wonder Woman died/ascended to a higher plane of being in Dark Nights: Death Metal #7 while saving the Multiverse from the Darkest Knight, only to eventually return to Earth months later as plain 'ole Wonder Woman.

    But as to whether those characters will really 'die,' as in anything resembling the real-life die, the answer, of course, is of course not.

    So whether it's six months, a year, or even two, and no matter how many monuments to them are built, Clark Kent, Diana of Themyscira, Bruce Wayne, and the rest will return someday. It's only a matter of when not if.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/will-batm...ustice-league/

    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

  2. #1952
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    4,156

    Default

    The Green Lantern writer says that he hadn't heard about the Death of the Justice League before it was announced. So this might not impact the rest of the books at all.

  3. #1953
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    There is another option, Wonder Woman gets relaunched as Wonder Women with book featuring Yara's and Diana's team up adventures. They are doing that with Aquamen so wouldn't be surprised if they'll do same here.
    I was wondering if they'd ever make Yara Diana's protege.

  4. #1954
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    10,122

    Default

    “And when Yara’s not on page, all the other characters should be asking ‘where’s Yara?’ “
    Last edited by Gaius; 01-20-2022 at 11:33 AM.

  5. #1955
    Mighty Member Largo161's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Have I overlooked it or has there been no actual thread/discussion of issue #783?

    Just read it this evening and thought it was great. This artist continues to impress me. The opening with Psycho was so drenched in spooky atmosphere.

    I’m a simple guy. You show me Diana using her bracelets for defense (and not that g&dd@mned shield) and her tiara as a boomerang in a well drawn fight sequence and I’m happy.

    ETA: I hope that the knight does not turn out to be Siegfried. I like Siggy, but let him stay gone long enough for us to actually miss him before bringing him back.
    Last edited by Largo161; 01-21-2022 at 05:16 PM.
    I only support clay origins.

    “Amazons do know how to party”—Diana, Princess of Themyscira

  6. #1956
    Mighty Member Avi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    Yeah, that tiara scene was really good.

    I don't want Shining Knight to be Siegfried either. I also feel it's too soon and with Trial in March there wouldn't be time to explore the fall out that well.

  7. #1957
    Mighty Member Fuzzy Mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Yeah I rather enjoyed this issue myself. A real treat ^^
    Doctor Psycho is really being built up as the big bad for this run and its really surprising in retrospect that we have never had a run where he was more than someones hired help.

    As for the Shining Knight, im honestly at a loss who it could be after mulling over it for a bit.
    The talking like an old school knight could be down to mind control to go with the whole 'My liege lord the wizard Lord Cisco' schtick
    Sword could just be part of the look
    Being strong enough to pull Diana around in a game of lasso tug of war could be any number of people.
    However being somehow immune to Deadmans powerset on top of flight really muddy the waters a bit.
    One panel we can actually see a human eye in one of the helms eyeholes
    Psycho showed surprise as this figure being 'sent to him' and 'never in his wildest dreams' did he expect to see them.
    Oh and he refers to Diana as an 'old hag'

    I know that some people really don't like it when Diana doesn't have the power of flight but a large chunk of her villains and supporting cast can't fly either which narrows things quite a bit.
    And ive no idea what makes someone immune to Deadmans powers though its probably come up before.

    So lets see....Can't be either of the real Shining Knights, they ride winged horses. (in retrospect we have alot of winged horses in this world)
    Can't be Achilles, he rides a flying elephant
    Could possibly be the original Olympian, though that would require him having a sheep skin rug complete with head piece under that armor somehow which im skeptical on.
    Could be a woman being realistically drawn under eighty pounds of armor, though this is comics so im skeptical about that as well.
    I guess it could possibly be Jason, though if thats so the 'old hag' comment would make me think hes much younger than Diana whose six hundred years old in current continuity.

    Siggy is honestly my best guess at the moment since rule of storytelling suggests I should suspect someone we have not seen in a story yet had been a part of the story previously. Even then though, Seigfried of myth could not fly and he wasnt shown doing so in the story.

    And since we have seen them in this story we can cross out Steve, Etta, Doctor Psycho himself, Image-Maker, Hippolyta, Deadman
    Edit: Wait! Of course! It can be none other than Ratatatoskr~!

  8. #1958
    Just crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Yeah I rather enjoyed this issue myself. A real treat ^^
    Doctor Psycho is really being built up as the big bad for this run and its really surprising in retrospect that we have never had a run where he was more than someones hired help.

    As for the Shining Knight, im honestly at a loss who it could be after mulling over it for a bit.
    The talking like an old school knight could be down to mind control to go with the whole 'My liege lord the wizard Lord Cisco' schtick
    Sword could just be part of the look
    Being strong enough to pull Diana around in a game of lasso tug of war could be any number of people.
    However being somehow immune to Deadmans powerset on top of flight really muddy the waters a bit.
    One panel we can actually see a human eye in one of the helms eyeholes
    Psycho showed surprise as this figure being 'sent to him' and 'never in his wildest dreams' did he expect to see them.
    Oh and he refers to Diana as an 'old hag'

    I know that some people really don't like it when Diana doesn't have the power of flight but a large chunk of her villains and supporting cast can't fly either which narrows things quite a bit.
    And ive no idea what makes someone immune to Deadmans powers though its probably come up before.

    So lets see....Can't be either of the real Shining Knights, they ride winged horses. (in retrospect we have alot of winged horses in this world)
    Can't be Achilles, he rides a flying elephant
    Could possibly be the original Olympian, though that would require him having a sheep skin rug complete with head piece under that armor somehow which im skeptical on.
    Could be a woman being realistically drawn under eighty pounds of armor, though this is comics so im skeptical about that as well.
    I guess it could possibly be Jason, though if thats so the 'old hag' comment would make me think hes much younger than Diana whose six hundred years old in current continuity.

    Siggy is honestly my best guess at the moment since rule of storytelling suggests I should suspect someone we have not seen in a story yet had been a part of the story previously. Even then though, Seigfried of myth could not fly and he wasnt shown doing so in the story.

    And since we have seen them in this story we can cross out Steve, Etta, Doctor Psycho himself, Image-Maker, Hippolyta, Deadman
    Edit: Wait! Of course! It can be none other than Ratatatoskr~!
    Is this shining knight immune to the lasso? Or did he just catch it in the air and start playing tug of war? And I hope the reveal is somebody that is Herculean strong, otherwise we can probably get an idea of the powerset that Cloonrad thinks Diana should be at if we get some middling person being able to match her in strength.

  9. #1959
    Mighty Member Psy-lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Shining Knight is obviously Julia who's been secretly alive in Psycho's captivity

  10. #1960
    Mighty Member Fuzzy Mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Is this shining knight immune to the lasso? Or did he just catch it in the air and start playing tug of war? And I hope the reveal is somebody that is Herculean strong, otherwise we can probably get an idea of the powerset that Cloonrad thinks Diana should be at if we get some middling person being able to match her in strength.
    Diana lasso'd his arm to try and restrain him but he suddenly pulled her and Diana not expecting it went flying through the air overhead and landed upside down. Though a moment later shes matching blows with him so i get the impression that was one of those 'caught off guard' moments, though it does establish a certain level of strength


    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Shining Knight is obviously Julia who's been secretly alive in Psycho's captivity
    Gasps! It all makes sense!

  11. #1961
    Leftbrownie Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    4,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    hes much younger than Diana whose six hundred years old in current continuity.
    When has that ever been established?
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-21-2022 at 10:46 AM.

  12. #1962
    Incredible Member Sebastianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Nice variant WW #785


  13. #1963
    Mighty Member Fuzzy Mittens's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    When has that ever been established?
    Nubia and the Amazons first issue timestamped it as six hundred years ago that Nubia was born on the same day as Diana and since this is during a period with solid editorial oversight, that makes it the closest thing to a canon age until something indicates otherwise

  14. #1964
    Mighty Member Largo161's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Yeah I rather enjoyed this issue myself. A real treat ^^
    Doctor Psycho is really being built up as the big bad for this run and its really surprising in retrospect that we have never had a run where he was more than someones hired help.

    As for the Shining Knight, im honestly at a loss who it could be after mulling over it for a bit.
    The talking like an old school knight could be down to mind control to go with the whole 'My liege lord the wizard Lord Cisco' schtick
    Sword could just be part of the look
    Being strong enough to pull Diana around in a game of lasso tug of war could be any number of people.
    However being somehow immune to Deadmans powerset on top of flight really muddy the waters a bit.
    One panel we can actually see a human eye in one of the helms eyeholes
    Psycho showed surprise as this figure being 'sent to him' and 'never in his wildest dreams' did he expect to see them.
    Oh and he refers to Diana as an 'old hag'

    I know that some people really don't like it when Diana doesn't have the power of flight but a large chunk of her villains and supporting cast can't fly either which narrows things quite a bit.
    And ive no idea what makes someone immune to Deadmans powers though its probably come up before.

    So lets see....Can't be either of the real Shining Knights, they ride winged horses. (in retrospect we have alot of winged horses in this world)
    Can't be Achilles, he rides a flying elephant
    Could possibly be the original Olympian, though that would require him having a sheep skin rug complete with head piece under that armor somehow which im skeptical on.
    Could be a woman being realistically drawn under eighty pounds of armor, though this is comics so im skeptical about that as well.
    I guess it could possibly be Jason, though if thats so the 'old hag' comment would make me think hes much younger than Diana whose six hundred years old in current continuity.

    Siggy is honestly my best guess at the moment since rule of storytelling suggests I should suspect someone we have not seen in a story yet had been a part of the story previously. Even then though, Seigfried of myth could not fly and he wasnt shown doing so in the story.

    And since we have seen them in this story we can cross out Steve, Etta, Doctor Psycho himself, Image-Maker, Hippolyta, Deadman
    Edit: Wait! Of course! It can be none other than Ratatatoskr~!
    Cloonrad seems to have their finger on the pulse of the readership. I wager they would not bring back someone as reviled as Jason. I could certainly be wrong, but…
    I only support clay origins.

    “Amazons do know how to party”—Diana, Princess of Themyscira

  15. #1965
    Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Occupied Klendathu
    Posts
    10,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Cloonrad seems to have their finger on the pulse of the readership. I wager they would not bring back someone as reviled as Jason. I could certainly be wrong, but…
    I'd hope. Jason seems to be the one time casuals and hardcore WW readers tastes actually synced up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •