Page 236 of 258 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 3858
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Do the Bana have immortality now?

Why do the Equecida Amazons see Nubia as their Queen?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Do the Bana have immortality now?

Why do the Equecida Amazons see Nubia as their Queen?
    Yes they all are immortal now I believe. all amazons see Nubia as there Queen. All tribes are United and still have their own Queen. But Themyscira seems to out rank the other tribes.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Yes they all are immortal now I believe. all amazons see Nubia as there Queen. All tribes are United and still have their own Queen. But Themyscira seems to out rank the other tribes.
    Yes but those things are never clearly stated why. The trial never had a winner. Being behind the door seems more like death.

And the Eq never went there to join the tribes together. They had their own Queen so it doesn't make sense why they suddenly see Nubia as the one true Queen.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yes but those things are never clearly stated why. The trial never had a winner. Being behind the door seems more like death.

And the Eq never went there to join the tribes together. They had their own Queen so it doesn't make sense why they suddenly see Nubia as the one true Queen.
    You're absolutely correct the event and subsequent WW books have failed to clarify this and many other, imo, hugely important aspects of the Amazon mythos, That being said, it feels kinda like the 3 Amazon states that make up the overall "federal" or "commonwealth" of Amazons, where the governor/Queen of the Themysciran state is also the elected (?) head of the federal/overall commonwealth.

Hopefully this gets addressed somewhere...I think post 800 should be focused on exploring the Esquecida, how they're different, getting to know some of their characters, and really digging into the Brazilian gods and Akahim. Like, Diana and Yara need an adventure in Akahim or something. It's a glaring omission, imo, to introduce a Brazilian WG and then fail to address the Brazilian half of her mythos and what it means for the overall Amazons, but more importantly, for Diana.

Extraordinary Member

WONDER WOMAN #798
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN, MICHAEL W. CONRAD, and JOSIE CAMPBELL
    Art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN and CAITLIN YARSKY
    Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    Variant cover by JOELLE JONES
    Variant cover by JEFF DEKAL
    1:25 variant cover by ZU ORZU
    1:50 foil variant cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    Superman variant cover by TONY DANIEL
    $4.99 | 40 pages | $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/18/23

BRING ON THE THUNDER! A Lazarus Planet: Revenge of the Gods tie-in!

To save Themyscira, Wonder Woman must join forces with an unexpected ally: a sworn enemy of the Amazons! But to finally defeat the gods, Diana needs the new champion of Shazam at her side. Will the heroines find each other before it's too late?

So probably we’ll have news on WW#800 this month? I’m pretty curious.
    Best case scenario we get a Sensation Comics relaunch to go along with it (featuring Diana teaming-up with Donna, Cassie, Nubia, Yara etc like PJK’s Action Comics).

I wonder if the unlikely God who's going to help them is from Norse Mythology. I'd love to see Odin again but if it is an Asgardian, Thor is probably the more likely character.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So probably we’ll have news on WW#800 this month? I’m pretty curious.
    Best case scenario we get a Sensation Comics relaunch to go along with it (featuring Diana teaming-up with Donna, Cassie, Nubia, Yara etc like PJK’s Action Comics).
    I'd like to have your optimism.

Wow, a WW “event” where Diana herself might actually do something.

Gonna guess the “unexpected ally” will be Hecate or Ares.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Think one of the variant covers have Ares on it, not that it necessarily has to mean anything but I think it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Yeah definitely looks like Ares to me from this variant.

I'm excited about this event, IDGAF. I'm glad there's something new and big happening, and I'm actually glad GWW is getting another shot - she's said publicly that she felt like she kinda screwed up her run and she's obviously a fantastic writer overall who can do a lot better, so I really think she wants to get it right this time around. Lots of Diana + lightning imagery on those covers though, really hope it's because of the Shazam/general godly stuff and doesn't mean they're doubling down on papa Zeus.

Still really have no clue who's gonna be taking over the book after Cloonan/Conrad though. I know Josie Campbell's involvement is probably because of her work on New Champion of Shazam but she could be an interesting pick...

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Yeah definitely looks like Ares to me from this variant.

I'm excited about this event, IDGAF. I'm glad there's something new and big happening, and I'm actually glad GWW is getting another shot - she's said publicly that she felt like she kinda screwed up her run and she's obviously a fantastic writer overall who can do a lot better, so I really think she wants to get it right this time around. Lots of Diana + lightning imagery on those covers though, really hope it's because of the Shazam/general godly stuff and doesn't mean they're doubling down on papa Zeus.

Still really have no clue who's gonna be taking over the book after Cloonan/Conrad though. I know Josie Campbell's involvement is probably because of her work on New Champion of Shazam but she could be an interesting pick...
    Campell or Tini Howard are my predictions.

I remember Cloonrad saying that there were no signs of Ares in the number where the Gods are rescued by Diana, because they had everything calculated... So 20+ issues later...

I hope we don’t get Tini Howard. I don’t think she is the worst writer ever, but she rarely delivers exciting runs, even when the ingredients are there.
    Hopefully if Cloonrad are really leaving, we’ll get someone who can really help the WW franchise grow.

I didn't read her World Without Justice League story, so I can't comment on how Tini Howard would handle Diana.

I do know she's been murdering Betsy Braddock for the past 3-4 years, so I can't say she inspires much confidence for me.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I've only read Howard on Excalibur and a couple filler arcs in Hack/Slash. Can't say she impresses me much.

Would love if Simone came back. Her run may not have been the best, but it's considerably better than most of what has come after.
    We didn't appreciate her while we had her