Page 75 of 258 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I smell polyamory...Though I'd rather have the classic origins for Diana and Donna restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I smell polyamory...Though I'd rather have the classic origins for Diana and Donna restored.
    This later one makes me think it probably won't be related to her love life. But we'll see.

This later one makes me think it probably won't be related to her love life. But we'll see.

Lmao no it f****** isn’t, either give her an on page girlfriend (it can be a flashback that’s fine) or quit calling her queer if you aren’t prepared to deliver beyond the “oh she’s totally queer, just never actually going to be with anyone but dudes”. The term “queer baiting” is used so much and in many circumstances I don’t think it applies outside of fan headcanon. But with Diana they tell us she’s LGBT but never actually shows her with a girlfriend.

Not Conrad’s fault I know but DC’s handling of Diana’s sexuality has always pissed me off.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

They recently had that big ad with all their queer heroes and Diana was missing, so excuse me if all the lip service in the world doesn't move me.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

We've already discussed this elsewhere, but I simply don't see why DC is afraid of having her kiss a woman. I doubt that people reading Wonder Woman have a problem with two women kissing. Whether they support LGB or they are 13 year old boys with a fetish, there's just no downside.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    We've already discussed this elsewhere, but I simply don't see why DC is afraid of having her kiss a woman. I doubt that people reading Wonder Woman have a problem with two women kissing. Whether they support LGB or they are 13 year old boys with a fetish, there's just no downside.
    You'd be surprised. I've seen a surprising amount of homophobia in the WW fandom in the last decade (well, surprising is relative... I expected to see ZERO).

That might be true of New 52 fans, but I think those already left her book

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    You'd be surprised. I've seen a surprising amount of homophobia in the WW fandom in the last decade (well, surprising is relative... I expected to see ZERO).
    I just don't want her to be gay and it has nothing to do with homophobia. Well maybe it does, because I don't want her to have to face the backlash, the prejudices, the ostracization and blind hatred so many of us have had to contend with. You all act like it's all peaches and cream and hunky dory and a minor footnote to an already well established character. It's not. Once she gets that label that's ALL she'll ever be forever to some people and it will color everything going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I just don't want her to be gay and it has nothing to do with homophobia. Well maybe it does, because I don't want her to have to face the backlash, the prejudices, the ostracization and blind hatred so many of us have had to contend with. You all act like it's all peaches and cream and hunky dory and a minor footnote to an already well established character. It's not. Once she gets that label that's ALL she'll ever be forever to some people and it will color everything going forward.
    A fictional character can't possibly face the same hatred as us. And if some people have a problem with it then they can just stop buying the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    A fictional character can't possibly face the same hatred as us. And if some people have a problem with it then they can just stop buying the book.
    Stop buying the book? Who do you think IS buying the book? Her primary fanbase is lgbtq already and historically her sales are pretty low. What you're proposing cuts off future revenue streams by further decreasing her fanbase and without them characters die.

Stop buying the book? Who do you think IS buying the book? Her primary fanbase is lgbtq already and historically her sales are pretty low. What you're proposing cuts off future revenue streams by further decreasing her fanbase and without them characters die.
    Embracing her bisexuality might bring in more readers to replace the few they lose, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Embracing her bisexuality might bring in more readers to replace the few they lose, though.
    Exactly. A lot of the success of Harley Quinn is problem down to her relationship with Poison Ivy.

I seriously doubt Wonder Woman would die by losing a few readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao no it f****** isn’t, either give her an on page girlfriend (it can be a flashback that’s fine) or quit calling her queer if you aren’t prepared to deliver beyond the “oh she’s totally queer, just never actually going to be with anyone but dudes”. The term “queer baiting” is used so much and in many circumstances I don’t think it applies outside of fan headcanon. But with Diana they tell us she’s LGBT but never actually shows her with a girlfriend.

Not Conrad’s fault I know but DC’s handling of Diana’s sexuality has always pissed me off.
    This reminds me...remember when Catwoman kissed a woman? Feels like it's been a while .

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm gay but I would prefer Diana with Steve instead of some new-comer(yeah, even sexy Siggy) as they have decades of relationship-building under then. Plus there aren't really any women that Diana has had enough chemistry with in the past that would lead me to believe that she could be sexual with or have a relationship with. Sure, certain creators have said that Diana is bi but they've never really cemented that fact. Not everyone from an island of all women has to be LGBTQ. It's just not statistically accurate just like 1 in every 10 humans is LGBTQ. I'm sure there are plenty of Amazons that are bi or gay but I haven't see enough evidence yet to consider Diana one of them.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.