Page 237 of 258 FirstFirst ... 137187227233234235236237238239240241247 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 3858
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

All of the talk about who is taking over after Cloonrad...do we know for sure they are leaving?

Their run is a bit of wet fart so people naturally are kinda expecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    All of the talk about who is taking over after Cloonrad...do we know for sure they are leaving?
    No but sales are lousy and critically the reception is mid so WW will probably get a new creative team come issue 801.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I didn't read her World Without Justice League story, so I can't comment on how Tini Howard would handle Diana.

I do know she's been murdering Betsy Braddock for the past 3-4 years, so I can't say she inspires much confidence for me.
    Oh no, not her. None of the writers that have taken over her stories in the last 2 years know how to explore political or philosohical stories. They just don't. Everything they do is like a pamphlet you throw in the trash.

If you want someone that can write political and philosophical ideas in a compelling action comic, it's Si Spurrier, that already wrote Diana in Justice League, and is the current writer of Legion of X (and wrote Way of X).

This run is more or less consistent, and frankly that's all that really matters. It may not be the best WW run, but it still has plenty of merit. There are some things I myself would change but not much really.

Fantastic Member

How does anyone feel that New Frontier Wonder Woman was a influence to Cloonan and Conrad current Wonder Woman series? Her moral compass being self-defined?

https://www.cbr.com/darwyn-cooke-new...-wonder-woman/

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    How does anyone feel that New Frontier Wonder Woman was a influence to Cloonan and Conrad current Wonder Woman series? Her moral compass being self-defined?

I recall that moment being criticized for some historical inaccuracies.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This run is more or less consistent, and frankly that's all that really matters. It may not be the best WW run, but it still has plenty of merit. There are some things I myself would change but not much really.

Same here. While I don't love everything that they've done/are doing(a bit too much focus on the gods) I like more than I dislike. A regular artist would definitely help.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I didn't read her World Without Justice League story, so I can't comment on how Tini Howard would handle Diana.

I do know she's been murdering Betsy Braddock for the past 3-4 years, so I can't say she inspires much confidence for me.
    Much like the main run, Tini Howard's World Without a Justice League story was...fine. I did think she did a really good job with the Amazons/Themyscira but Diana was just kinda there.

I don't think it'll be her though. I think they know they need to inject some new energy into the line and I really doubt they'd go with a D-list writer who hasn't done anything that's generated any hype. Josie Campbell feels much more likely given the fact that she doesn't have another ongoing at the moment and New Champion of Shazam got lots of acclaim (and speaking of which, Doc Shaner as the regular artist would also be amazing but that's probably a pipe dream...).

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Oh no, not her. None of the writers that have taken over her stories in the last 2 years know how to explore political or philosohical stories. They just don't. Everything they do is like a pamphlet you throw in the trash.

If you want someone that can write political and philosophical ideas in a compelling action comic, it's Si Spurrier, that already wrote Diana in Justice League, and is the current writer of Legion of X (and wrote Way of X).
    I would legitimately pay double what I pay for an issue now for a Si Spurrier run but I don't think he'd sign up for it. Then again I wouldn't have thought he'd sign up to write X-Men either so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post

I love New Frontier Wonder Woman (both her design and characterization), and if I were to write her it's probably the take I'd most heavily draw from as well. But I honestly don't see any of her in Cloonrad's take. She's barely interacted with anyone who's not an Amazon, a superhero/villain, or a member of her crew in the entire run so it's not like we've seen her empowering the oppressed, and there's never any sense that she's making moral choices because she kinda just...acts.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I recall that moment being criticized for some historical inaccuracies.
    Considering the two characters driving the scene are an immortal Amazon goddess and a super-powered alien, I'm not sure why historical accuracy is a terrible concern.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Much like the main run, Tini Howard's World Without a Justice League story was...fine. I did think she did a really good job with the Amazons/Themyscira but Diana was just kinda there.

I don't think it'll be her though. I think they know they need to inject some new energy into the line and I really doubt they'd go with a D-list writer who hasn't done anything that's generated any hype. Josie Campbell feels much more likely given the fact that she doesn't have another ongoing at the moment and New Champion of Shazam got lots of acclaim (and speaking of which, Doc Shaner as the regular artist would also be amazing but that's probably a pipe dream...).

I would legitimately pay double what I pay for an issue now for a Si Spurrier run but I don't think he'd sign up for it. Then again I wouldn't have thought he'd sign up to write X-Men either so who knows.

I love New Frontier Wonder Woman (both her design and characterization), and if I were to write her it's probably the take I'd most heavily draw from as well. But I honestly don't see any of her in Cloonrad's take. She's barely interacted with anyone who's not an Amazon, a superhero/villain, or a member of her crew in the entire run so it's not like we've seen her empowering the oppressed, and there's never any sense that she's making moral choices because she kinda just...acts.

Considering the two characters driving the scene are an immortal Amazon goddess and a super-powered alien, I'm not sure why historical accuracy is a terrible concern.
    Agreed. Doc Shaner on Wonder Woman would be amazing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Not for sure but the new Dawn of DC teaser kind of points to a relaunch in June:

Yeah the Cloonrad era will be over after issue 800. Hopefully whoever they pick to take over can get people excited, I’m rooting for Si Spurrier to get the gig.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Si would be interesting, though unlikely

Snort laughing at the hype of "The Titans are replacing the JL" for the Titans book and "the return of the JL" being visible on the brightened timeline.

Hopefully a good WW creative team, rest of the Dawn of the DC is shaping up to be pretty underwhelming.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Snort laughing at the hype of "The Titans are replacing the JL" for the Titans book and "the return of the JL" being visible on the brightened timeline.

Hopefully a good WW creative team, rest of the Dawn of the DC is shaping up to be pretty underwhelming.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/01/25/da...green-lantern/