Page 193 of 258 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I swear to Gaea that I read that as "Queen of I-N-F-A-R-TA" and I was like, 'wait, what? I know that the Golden Age was whimsical and goofy AF, but damn!'
    Ha'ha, ha-aaa...

Really miss that Marston quirkiness, sometimes. We'd be hard-pressed to find a writer, outside of the Vertigo comics, with such an unhinged imagination. I think the current creative team is running the gauntlet, pretty hard, though...

With "Afterworlds" in the rear-view.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It wouldn’t matter to me if Siggy ends up being straight, but my read is that the Cloonrads are dropping subtle hints that he could be bisexual or pansexual and possibly becoming interested in Steve. So, it’s more my read and reaction of the situation they seem to be developing than anything else.
    Wonder Woman #790..."Don't polish that blade too much, Siggy. You might go blind...Fail to see how proper sword maintenance would affect my eyesight. Maybe, you'd like to give it a try."

Is this the line, driving us all crazy?! It's locker-roomish. Wouldn't call that 'homoerotic', though.

Anyway...Col. Steve and Siegfried! Too funny and definitely one of the moments, from #790, that felt like I was watching a TV show! Yes, I can totally see the comedic frathousery you're talking about, in that scene, ..more than what played between middle-aged, Perez era Steve and faux Masterpiece Theatre Lord Hermes! LOL

As I said on Twitter, ..guys play! We're working hard, out here.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-12-2022 at 08:18 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I could have sworn there were panels in the Golden Age comics, maybe in the Newspaper strip, where there were other Amazon kids both during Diana's childhood and afterward. Either the story that details the origins of the Kangas or "The Secret of the Limestone Caves" in Wonder Woman #30.

Donna should always remain an adopted Amazon, but it would be unfortunate if she grew up the only kid her age on the island. Both for her and Diana, I can't imagine growing up without other kids and only having adults you can't relate to for company
    I feel like a lot of young Diana stories in the past few years have mined that aspect.

I guess it might seem unfair that Hippolyta is the only Amazon that gets to be a mother...though honestly I prefer Diana being the only child of the Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Wonder Woman #790..."Don't polish that blade too much, Siggy. You might go blind...Fail to see how proper sword maintenance would affect my eyesight. Maybe, you'd like to give it a try."

Is this the line, driving us all crazy?! It's locker-roomish. Wouldn't call that 'homoerotic', though.

Anyway...Col. Steve and Siegfried! Too funny and definitely one of the moments, from #790, that felt like I was watching a TV show! Yes, I can totally see the comedic frathousery you're talking about, in that scene, ..more than what played between middle-aged, Perez era Steve and faux Masterpiece Theatre Lord Hermes! LOL

It’s just a vibe I’ve gotten from Siggy all along. Growing up gay and queer when I did when there was zero/very little representation of LGBTQIA2S+ folx in media and storytelling honed my (what used to be called) “gaydar” and picking up the subtlest hints that there is more to a character than what’s necessarily apparent.

Sure, it could be wish fulfillment for what was denied us sometimes, but the phenomenon is a very real thing and is a skill “my people” (LGBTQIA2S+ people) use/used to navigate, connect, survive and celebrate our lives.

How Siggy is portrayed gives me this vibe. I might be wrong, but I’m okay with that. I like him and am into his inclusion in the Wonder cast, regardless of who he wants to make out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like a lot of young Diana stories in the past few years have mined that aspect.

I guess it might seem unfair that Hippolyta is the only Amazon that gets to be a mother...though honestly I prefer Diana being the only child of the Amazons.
    As do I. I think the unfairness of it should be an acknowledged component, but I’d like it maintained.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    As do I. I think the unfairness of it should be an acknowledged component, but I’d like it maintained.
    So do I.

Simone's The Circle storyline, and other parts later in her run, addressed the idea of other Amazons wanting children.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-13-2022 at 11:38 AM.

Ha'ha, ha-aaa...

Really miss that Marston quirkiness, sometimes. We'd be hard-pressed to find a writer, outside of the Vertigo comics, with such an unhinged imagination. I think the current creative team is running the gauntlet, pretty hard, though...

With "Afterworlds" in the rear-view.

A man asking another man if he’d like to “polish his steel” is not homoerotic? Oh okay.

Ask Becky and Michael what their intentions were with the Steve and Siggy scenes. Report back with screenshots when you get the answer you weren’t hoping for.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    A man asking another man if he’d like to “polish his steel” is not homoerotic? Oh okay.

Ask Becky and Michael what their intentions were with the Steve and Siggy scenes. Report back with screenshots when you get the answer you weren’t hoping for.
    Haha, don't forget, straight guys act gayer than us gays/bis/pans sometimes

No but really, Mel, listen to us queers on this. Whatever you want the case to be here, it's pretty clear what the authorial intent is here haha. Don't fight the rainbow, embrace it!

I can't see how anyone can't see the homoeroticism of the exchange between them. It's gay as hell and I love it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Didn't the creative team state that they wrote Siegfried as pansexual? If that's the case, I can see the intention being for him to be interested in Steve. Bigger question is if DC will actually let them write Steve as reciprocating.

Morrison intended Hal Jordan to be pan*, but the most they could do was establish that Hal dates inhuman alien ladies, and having his anti-matter counterpart be in a romance with anti-matter Sinestro. But Steve is a supporting character, not one of the big classic heroes, so maybe they will be more lax with it?

*Still canon to me, baby

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

To me, Steve & Siggy are acting like a bunch of frat buddies with a bunch of homoerotic chatter. Could it turn into something more? Sure, but I don't think we're quite there yet. My guess is that if Cloonrad is allowed to write Steve as anything but straight, we'll see it made very obvious such as a kiss or something like that.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I mean, just a me thing, but I'd be more kind of focused on getting Diana and Steve back together? Unless hooking up with Siggy makes that more likely...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    So do I.

Simone's The Circle storyline, and other parts later in her run, addressed the idea of other Amazons wanting children.
    Also in the 2009 animated movie Simone was involved in. It's why Persephone betrayed the Amazons.

Incredible Member

I mean, just a me thing, but I'd be more kind of focused on getting Diana and Steve back together? Unless hooking up with Siggy makes that more likely...?

Also in the 2009 animated movie Simone was involved in. It's why Persephone betrayed the Amazons.
    I'd rather they not get back together...at least, not for now. I think that romance has its place in the WW book, but I don't trust any creative team to handle that well. The book has more pressing concerns and I like the Diana, Siggy, Steve and Etta dynamic as the Wonder team going on adventures and dealing with threats. To be honest, I'd love to see Diana have a few flings with more outlandish characters ala Siggy or Atlantiades.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post

I see the bromantic comedy, you're talking about.

I think most straight guys would laugh our heads off, hearing that from a buddy, in the middle of a job [Job...ha'ha!] or after a game. If you think that bit about "polishing swords" was homoerotic or sexual, for a gathering of men - there'd be no babies, out here! God forgive us, but, when you get us together, heterosexual males can't resist making fun of our anatomy and its role in the cycle of life. Maybe, it's how we express mutual trust [?] and comfort; we just can't help it, but, it means absolutely nothing sexual.

I think the creative team nailed that [Nailed that! Ha!], in that scene with Col. Steve and Siggy. Loved that scene!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It’s just a vibe I’ve gotten from Siggy all along. Growing up gay and queer when I did when there was zero/very little representation of LGBTQIA2S+ folx in media and storytelling...How Siggy is portrayed gives me this vibe. I might be wrong, but I’m okay with that. I like him and am into his inclusion in the Wonder cast, regardless of who he wants to make out with.
    The Wonderverse is big enough for all of us, certainly.

Straight male fans may not be as vocal on WW fan forums, as our straight female and LGBTQA friends - who knows why? We're here, though, and, after rooting for Achilles, Prince Jason and Atlantiades, Artemis, Donna Troy, Cassie and Yara, ..have been waiting just as long, to see a character, like Siggy, Rama or Andros join Diana's adventures. Most of us are here for a good story, with powerful, adventurous WOMEN at the center, but welcome seeing strong, male characters, created in WW comics, fighting by her side!

As with so many times, before, we celebrate all Wonderverse characters, ..and I think we'll embrace this new, exciting rendering of mythical Siegfried, no matter what his orientation is or how much sense it makes.

We're all kangaliers, either way.

Thank you for sharing that, Scott.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-14-2022 at 11:31 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Id like Donna to have Amazon heritage because....Cassie doesn't have Amazon heritage. Artemis doesn't have Amazon heritage. Yara is still new as hell and so far removed from Paradise Island. Nubia is currently exploring her non Amazon heritage.

Sure it makes Diana special but i think she should have had at least 1 sidekick that she can reminisce with
    I mean, even if she wasn't born there, her being and adopted and raised by them during their formative years would still mean she has Amazonian heritage.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I see the bromantic comedy, you're talking about.

I think most straight guys would laugh our heads off, hearing that from a buddy, in the middle of a job [Job...ha'ha!] or after a game. If you think that bit about "polishing swords" was homoerotic or sexual, for a gathering of men - there'd be no babies, out here! God forgive us, but, when you get us together, heterosexual males can't resist making fun of our anatomy and its role in the cycle of life. Maybe, it's how we express mutual trust [?] and comfort; we just can't help it, but, it means absolutely nothing sexual.
    I don't think you understand what homoerotic means. It doesn't mean homosexual. And trust me when I say that I know that some talk like this that happens between heterosexual men is just locker-room joshing around. I know because as a queer man, I'm forced to know more about cishet men than they are ever expected to know about queer men (and you know so little about us; most of what you think you know is actually a complete figment of your imaginations). Because of this, by necessity, we know you better than you know yourselves.

Also, like I said, ask Cloonrad about their intentions. Nothing happening in this book is unintentional. They have a plan. Whether DC will allow them to carry it out, however, is a wholly different matter.
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 08-15-2022 at 06:10 AM.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.