Page 128 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3858

oh gosh id be so hyped if we got Baron De Boar out of this somehow. XD

That said, im expecting this to somehow be Seigfried

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This Tweet just made my night.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Somebody knows how to blow up a line. Loved that! It's bum-coverage, for a lot of wasteful writing, that came before, ..but, it's a HOT line.

Ouch.

Just realized Conrad didn't pen that line. That's from JL, isn't it? Did Tynion write that issue?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-16-2022 at 11:44 PM. Reason: ouch, correction
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Somebody knows how to blow up a line. Loved that! It's bum-coverage, for a lot of wasteful writing, that came before, ..but, it's a HOT line.

Ouch.

Just realized Conrad didn't pen that line. That's from JL, isn't it? Did Tynion write that issue?

That line is from Geoff Johns' New 52 run of Justice League. I feel like he wrote that line in response to Brian Azzarello saying that he wasn't interested in using any of Diana's rogues beyond the Olympians.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

That line is from Geoff Johns' New 52 run of Justice League. I feel like he wrote that line in response to Brian Azzarello saying that he wasn't interested in using any of Diana's rogues beyond the Olympians.
    Thanks, Doc. I think Geoff Johns is certainly correct, in establishing, with his work on the Flash, Hawkman and GL comics, that rogues galleries need updating and development.

That said, I can't wait to see Janus return to the comic, followed by Mars and his courtiers, like the original Silver Swan, the Duke and General Destruction.

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-17-2022 at 11:12 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

"When I DEAL with them, I DEAL with them."

*Diana and the rouges at a poker table*

Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-17-2022 at 08:44 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

It's always nice to see people that acknowledge and appreciate Wonder Woman's Rogues Gallery.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Same. I hope they mine more from the Golden Age.

*fingers crossed for Villainy Inc and Dr. Cyber*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Is shining knight an old Wonder/DC villain I'm unfamiliar with? The only knight character in DC I know is the Knight hero from JLU. Watch him be that Boar headed knight from the golden age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was the traditional Shining Knight, Sir Justin.
    Yea, Sir Justin is the classic take, Morrison retconn'd Shining Knight to be a cross dressing woman, Ystina in Seven Soldiers - unsure which one is currently in continuity post-Death Metal.

Guessing we're either getting mind control or Baron De Boar as others have mentioned knowing this teams love of classic continuity.

Ystina and Sir Justin are not the same character. Morrison's idea (and later expanded a bit with New 52 Demon Knights) was that there were multiple Camelots thru the ages. It was also referenced in recent Superman & the Authority mini.

At the risk of meandering to far off topic, DC also had a series 'Camelot 3000' which establishes that yes, there will be another Camelot in the years to come which actually gets referenced in other books since then.

On the subject of todays issue, I was surprised to realize I never considered how Image-Maker would interact with the magic sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    At the risk of meandering to far off topic, DC also had a series 'Camelot 3000' which establishes that yes, there will be another Camelot in the years to come which actually gets referenced in other books since then.
    Yeah, Morrison took some things from Barr, writer of Camelot 3000, so it likely all traces back to Camelot 3000. That series also had probably one of the earliest depictions of trasngender character in mainstream comics?

Getting the sense Fuzzy Mittens might be right that Shining Knight might be Siegfried.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Getting the sense Fuzzy Mittens might be right that Shining Knight might be Siegfried.
    Since they made a habit to talk about his helmet so much, I’m also guessing it’s someone she knows.

Psycho probably hypnotized someone into this Shining Knight persona.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~