Page 240 of 258 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Oh that cover is sick. If you're doing Diana with her hair up, this is the way. And those muscles!

Yeah, very much sounds like a last hurrah. And Terry Dodson doing interiors!! Sounds like it's gonna be an anthology-ish issue with different artists on each section (Skylar Patridge hinted that she has a small Artemis project coming up as well, guessing it's for this). Hoping this means we get info on the new creative team/possible relaunch within the next couple of weeks.

Also I like the Yanick Paquette cover, love a good tribute to the classic Ms. Magazine cover, but I'm hoping they get a new go-to cover artist next time around. They'd look beautiful as interiors but as covers they're just kinda...flat. He's not bad but he's certainly no Adam Hughes, Jenny Frison, or JG Jones.
    Yeah, probably another anthology. Maybe this is what one of those projects Simone was talking about a while back.

Looks like a suit redesign may be coming too:

Not gonna make any judgments until I see it in full but hoping the final look has silver bracelets instead of gold and I can't really tell what's going on with the briefs/skirt (is it a weird hybrid of the 2 or is the front flap of the skirt just out of view because she's in motion?). The boots definitely look like an improvement on the current design though.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They didn't use Donnas new costume so who knows

Not gonna make any judgments until I see it in full but hoping the final look has silver bracelets instead of gold and I can't really tell what's going on with the briefs/skirt (is it a weird hybrid of the 2 or is the front flap of the skirt just out of view because she's in motion?). The boots definitely look like an improvement on the current design though.
    Looks like it's all black and gold unless it's a coloring mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They didn't use Donnas new costume so who knows
    Also Power Girls' current suit is supposed to have pants but some covers and artists are still depicting her without them .

There have also been indications Aquaman is losing the beard he has on that art.

Not caring for what apparently is skirt-flaps on the side but apparently none one the front.

Wonder Woman #796 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Amancay Nahuelpan
    Backup Writer: Jordie Bellaire
    Backup Artist: Paulina Ganucheau

Fantastic Member

I'm going to hold of an opinion til I see the whole costume and in close up, but this image doesn't inspire confidence

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Wonder Woman #796 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Amancay Nahuelpan
    Backup Writer: Jordie Bellaire
    Backup Artist: Paulina Ganucheau

I do like that Eros in some twisted way loves Yara. But good of for her to completely dismiss him.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Side note...it is interesting that Cassie along with her Young Justice comrades are not present...even Kon and Tim who both have books.

Feels like every Wonder Girl has had a problematic boyfriend/love interest at one point or another. It's like a rite of passage .

Looks okay. Due the angle/pose she's drawn, you can't really see the full outfit. Personally, I've been happy with her current look as it is, so if nothing else, I'm glad she's not getting any drastic changes. I don't know about the golden bracelets, and I've always been meh on Diana having a cape, but no sword or shield is always a plus.

I still think these line-wise initiatives are dumb and waste of time, but if this promo image is any indication, Diana's world won't get rattled too bad, so there's that. Guess we'll see what creative team they throw at us.

Astonishing Member

What's "Dawn of DC?" I've been out of the loop, is this the latest Crisis crisis reboot/rebirth?

Also, what are the best of the best 'must reads' since Robinson's brother no one wanted storyline? I'm getting Historia; what else should I pick up? Black and Gold? Dead Earth? Endless Winter? Agent of Peace?
    Last edited by Awonder; 02-17-2023 at 02:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    What's "Dawn of DC?" I've been out of the loop, is this the latest Crisis crisis reboot/rebirth?

Also, what are the best of the best 'must reads' since Robinson's brother no one wanted storyline? I'm getting Historia; what else should I pick up? Black and Gold? Dead Earth? Endless Winter? Agent of Peace?
    It's the marketing term for the wave of new books DC is rolling this year.

Astonishing Member

Do we know if there are any big shake-ups coming? I do like the promo art a except the hip armor(?). That almost looks more Japanese than Ancient Greek.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Do we know if there are any big shake-ups coming? I do like the promo art a except the hip armor(?). That almost looks more Japanese than Ancient Greek.
    Given that the brightened up image for one of the teasers has the WW logo on it I would expect some sort of creative team shakeup with issue #800.And given that Nubia and Yara are on the Dawn of DC art released today I assume they'll be getting something too.

Anyways for your other question re: what's worth picking up, Black and Gold was an anthology series so kind of up and down, Dead Earth went downhill pretty fast after a great first issue, Endless Winter and Agent of Peace were both kind of average in my opinion.

Struggling to remember who was on the main book between Robinson and the current team, Wilson's run was aborted, Orlando's second stint on the book was good but I remember the art being inconsistent, Tamaki's run was kind of meh though it's worth picking up the issues Janin did the art on.

Would rate the current run as solidly above average overall, feel like they have some good ideas/concepts but not sure they're executing everything effectively.

We also had a Yara Flor series and several Nubia minis in the last year.
    Last edited by Hypo; 02-17-2023 at 03:21 PM.