Page 101 of 258 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3858
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post

Hopefully they're not going to announce that they're getting rid of Cloonrad and going with an "all-new direction" again.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Hopefully they're not going to announce that they're getting rid of Cloonrad and going with an "all-new direction" again.
    Nah, Becky Cloonan replied to that tweet in a "something is coming" way

Incredible Member

I'm guessing it'll be a Wonder event. Which I'm ready for.

Yeah yeah, Death Metal had WW as its main hero and she saved the multiverse, but her mythos wasn't used at aaaaall.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

An official announcement of the Wonder Woman/Wonder Girl/Nubia crossover...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

WW781 TK Variant cover

large-5899283.jpg

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    The Steve/Diana relationship is the Sword of Damacles that will really prove if this is one of the GOAT runs. I'm enjoying it a lot by and large, but if they actually pull that off with a fraction of the chemistry from Gadot and Pine's film performances, I'll be very impressed.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Yeah it’s still the one nut that has yet to be cracked. Rucka made me a fan of the classic Wondy Rogues but his Diana/Steve was still just ok. DCEU Steve is still the one to beat. Personally I think the problem is how they’ve positioned Steve relative to Diana.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-16-2021 at 10:10 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Loved this pic. Saw on Twitter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah it’s still the one nut that has yet to be cracked. Rucka made me a fan of the classic Wondy Rogues but his Diana/Steve was still just ok. DCEU Steve is still the one to beat. Personally I think the problem is how they’ve positioned Steve relative to Diana.
    Yeah, he didn't really know how to write a good romance for Diana, or at least he hasn't written one that I've read. Not many know what to do with Steve, but so far the DCEU is the take to beat. That movie peaked for me when they were dancing after liberating Veld. The sequence beforehand was great, their chemistry until that point was absolutely on-point and they had that great moment in the snow.

There was absolutely zero chance he was making it out of that movie alive. lol

I'm convinced they need a complete ripoff of Marvel's Mary Jane loves Spider-Man and give us an all-ages Steve Trevor loves Wonder Woman aimed at younger female readers. That might be the only chance we get a good Steve/Diana story if the current team isn't up to snuff.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I absolutely agree that the DCEU Steve (and his relationship with Diana in the first WW film) is the one to beat, but I don't think it will be easy to pull off in comic book form. After all, a huge part of movie Diana/Steve working splendidly had to do with the sweet-souled chemistry between Gal Gadot and Chris Pine. They were both incandescent in their scenes together and you just could not help but to root for them to stay together. The writing was great, but WB hit the chemistry jackpot when they paired Gadot and Pine. If they had never made the WW film, I would have loved to see them be a couple in one of those cheesy rom coms that Hollywood rarely makes anymore (the kind that Julia, Sandra, Meg, and Reese used to make).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post

Wow.........just wow.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Dang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm convinced they need a complete ripoff of Marvel's Mary Jane loves Spider-Man and give us an all-ages Steve Trevor loves Wonder Woman aimed at younger female readers. That might be the only chance we get a good Steve/Diana story if the current team isn't up to snuff.
    Maybe make a Webtoon out of it...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Sad that it looks like they are about to brig back the romance with steve trevor, I would rather they keep exploring her options than already go back to him.

All this speculation... DUDE, i didn't feel so excited for the ongoing series since Rucka's run