Page 114 of 258 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Eh, I hope that's a plot point that's going to be forgotten. Not a fan of putting Diana back in WW2 and tossing out Year One.
    But what about that recent special/anniversary issue (was it for #750?) that included a tale of Diana during the war? Has DC just hand waved that away?
    Last edited by Largo161; 11-27-2021 at 03:16 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

I'm not sure if even DC knows the answer to that.

Anyway, I prefer WW to have aged normally but could still live for hundreds of years but being thousands of years old isn't a deal breaker for me either.
    Last edited by John Venus; 11-28-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    But what about that recent special/anniversary issue (was it for #750?) that included a tale of Diana during the war? Has DC just hand waved that away?
    Given that was published before the editorial cleansing in 2020, I have to echo John Venus and say I'm not sure if that's even that's canon anymore.

When did this idea of Diana being hundreds to thousands years old start showing up?

It's mostly a pre-Crisis thing. The Golden Age Amazons had access to the fountain of youth, and so even though Diana was always considered a "young" Amazon, she had also lived an indefinitely long time before becoming WW. It was periodically brought up that living in Man's World meant forsaking this birthright, and so Earth-2 Diana did eventually grow older.

Post-Crisis/Rebirth Diana was always established to be about as old as she looks, although the Themysciran Amazons were basically naturally ageless and the possibility of Diana ever growing old, even if she stayed out in the world, is never really mentioned. Kingdom Come had her aging, but it's an Elseworld.

Then the WW movie came out and re-popularized the concept of Diana having already lived for hundreds of years before World War I. The 5G reboot thingy seemed like it was going to follow that precedent but...well. At this point who knows? None of the several WW writers seem to be particularly keen on tugging on that thread.

Back in the golden age alot of what Diana was doing was training or knowledge based so it was easily handwaved that you can just learn to talk to animals by sitting down and learning the unique language of every species and stuff like that if you have enough time on your hands

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When did this idea of Diana being hundreds to thousands years old start showing up?
    I think it started with the Lynda Carter show then it was carried over into the DCEU where she was said to be thousands of years old.

I don't know enough about the Silver Age and late Golden Age to comment on how old she was in it.

I don't know if Year One is even canon anymore but I think the idea was that Diana had lived for hundreds of years but was biologically 18 when she arrived on Man's World and only started naturally aging afterwards.

Regarding Wonder Woman canon and continuity as it pertains to when she first arrived in Patriarch's World:

https://twitter.com/SonofBaldwin/sta...603584002?s=20

Untitled.jpg
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Regarding Wonder Woman canon and continuity as it pertains to when she first arrived in Patriarch's World:

https://twitter.com/SonofBaldwin/sta...603584002?s=20

Untitled.jpg
    Hmm.

What a strange company.

Sounds like DC gave up. LOL

There is no right answer. “Everything is canon” may be the company line but does that actually make sense? Too many things contradict each other—even when you account for multiple Earths.

I’ve long held that attempts to “make it make sense” with the various crises/reboots were never going to solve anything.
    Last edited by Largo161; 11-28-2021 at 04:35 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

More like what a lazy company.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Sounds like DC gave up. LOL

There is no right answer. “Everything is canon” may be the company line but does that actually make sense? Too many things contradict each other—even when you account for multiple Earths.

I’ve long held that attempts to “make it make sense” with the various crises/reboots were never going to solve anything.
    Yeah, I’ve seen others on the other boards try to explain how “everything’s canon/happened” makes sense and I can conclude is I want what they’re smoking.

I’m not knocking Conrad but some of this reminds of me of the stories from the early New 52 days when Perez said he couldn’t get a straight answer from DC on what Superman and Lois’ relationship was, while writing the Superman book.

The Tides of Time can fix everything if DC would only utilize it. If Themyscira can be anyplace or anywhere in time based on the Amazon's discretion then Year One and WWII can both be canon. Steve can crash into the island multiple times during multiple time periods with different outcomes. They'd have to explain that he's outside the timestream based on his trips to Themyscira. It's like Narnia, time flows differently once you visit.

"Everything happened but nothing matters."