Page 113 of 258 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Conrad's entry in Black and Gold #6 really proved to me that he has Diana's voice and characterization down. He and Cloonan are doing such an incredible job.
    That it's a hostage situation makes me wonder if this supposed to be inspired by the Snyder Cut scene.

I'm liking MacDonald's art here more than his previous issue.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-24-2021 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That it's a hostage situation makes me wonder if this supposed to be inspired by the Snyder Cut scene.

I'm liking MacDonald's art here more than his previous issue.
    If it is, look at her taking them down non-lethally...again .

Could be.
    The story in WWB&G#6 was infinitely better though (mainly because it did not portray Diana as a blood-thirsty idiot. Plus it actually worked at conveying how inspirational Diana is). And it totally made me shed a tear or two.

I'm liking MacDonald's art here more than his previous issue
    are you sure? I prefer his art in the two previous issues than in this Annual, especially with Diana

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    are you sure? I prefer his art in the two previous issues than in this Annual, especially with Diana

Same here. From the preview, the art is not my cup of tea. It looks very rushed and sporadic. Maybe the rest of the book is better.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I immediately thought of that too.

Think she'll smash her bracelets together and blow up the lead guy?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I immediately thought of that too.

Think she'll smash her bracelets together and blow up the lead guy?
    I know if she does than that means people who thought it was overkill are sympathetic to the bank robbers.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-25-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

[QUOTE=Sebastianne;5828265]Attachment 115785

I did...I asked for a floating island comic. I would happily read one especially when written by this team.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

If this Shining Knight is Sir Justin, I wonder if Diana and he will reminisce about their time together in the All-Star Squadron back in World War II.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    If this Shining Knight is Sir Justin, I wonder if Diana and he will reminisce about their time together in the All-Star Squadron back in World War II.
    Eh, I hope that's a plot point that's going to be forgotten. Not a fan of putting Diana back in WW2 and tossing out Year One.

Eh, I hope that's a plot point that's going to be forgotten. Not a fan of putting Diana back in WW2 and tossing out Year One.
    Come to think of it: It's been established that Diana is thousands of years old (see NUBIA AND THE AMAZONS #1), but it's not very clear whether or not Diana came to Patriarch's World before World War II or during the modern era.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Incredible Member

Would you be accepting of a timey-wimey explanation where Year One stays as her origin but because of time travel shenanigans, she does take part in WWII?

I'm conflicted about it myself.

Flawless Psycho in a chair

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Come to think of it: It's been established that Diana is thousands of years old (see NUBIA AND THE AMAZONS #1), but it's not very clear whether or not Diana came to Patriarch's World before World War II or during the modern era.
    I tend to go with modern unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Would you be accepting of a timey-wimey explanation where Year One stays as her origin but because of time travel shenanigans, she does take part in WWII?

I'm conflicted about it myself.
    I mean, if it was some brief arc where she gets sent back into the past ala Back to the Future that'd be fine but not really for an extended stay since I don't view WW's time in the JSA or WW2 as really integral to her. It's like if DC and fandom were obsessed on trying to get Batman back to a 30s Depression-era Gotham while still keeping him in the modern days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Flawless Psycho in a chair
    A chair so nice, Darkseid would sit in it.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-27-2021 at 12:02 PM.