Page 38 of 258 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Nobody knows. If I had to guess I think they’ll come back at the end of issue #773. But yeah, really not sure.

Also does it count as being depowered if you are a spirit? Her powers are still in her body (at least that’s what we were told).
    I'd guess until at least #779, as that is what the first trade for this run is listed as having on Amazon (770-779).

As far as depowering goes, this actually has a good explanation for it at least. I'd much rather this than her just being portrayed as weaker in regular continuity with no comments being made on it. I'll take Ratatosk telling her she can fly if she remembers how over her just inexplicably not being able to/forgetting to in a normal run.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'd guess until at least #779, as that is what the first trade for this run is listed as having on Amazon (770-779).

As far as depowering goes, this actually has a good explanation for it at least. I'd much rather this than her just being portrayed as weaker in regular continuity with no comments being made on it. I'll take Ratatosk telling her she can fly if she remembers how over her just inexplicably not being able to/forgetting to in a normal run.
    Depowering in my opinion, is a weakness of the writer. I want the fully realized powerful Wonder Woman, not these versions that make her street level or worse because the creative crew can't figure out how to write good stories for her with her full powerset.

If we want the depowered versions, just buy the Sensation comics. Or the JSA movie. Or the JMS Odyssey series where she doesn't know who she is until the end of that arc (what was that--14 issues?). Gail Simone did it twice, once in the main series for 4 issues and then in the Conan/Wonder Woman series. I would say the same thing in the Azz series since she needed her feather by issue 12, or was it 13, for her to fly (that and the fact she needed to be in an induced coma while Orion did not).

Besides, even when she has her full powers, does she ever really use her superspeed or martial skill to any effect. Or use these powers with consistency?

So as good as the current writers of Wonder Woman might (and just might) be, they are still using the crutch of a depowered hero to tell the story. Myself, and probably others don't want to buy the powerless or street fighter level Wonder Woman. Unless the writers show her with her full powerset soon, and don't keep us guessing about which powers have conveniently been forgotten, the less chance I would go out and buy the trade paperback.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I think her abilities will come back the more she remembers about her life. Also I wonder if she’ll be able to shape-shift and stuff like her astral self could do in the golden age.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Idk, giving the stories I've heard about actors in the Bat-suits I'm willing to believe Bruce smells as bad as the inside of a giant snake.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Then again, Killer Croc and Solomon Grundy probably smell much worse.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    So....when will she be at full power? This isn't another one of those 4-6 part runs where the creative team depowers her in order to tell the story they want, is it?
    I'd really don't no the extent of the depowering, its clear she refers to herself as immortal and that regular blades shouldn't harm her in the first issue. In the second however, she breaks a large bolder, something an amazon would be able to do, she's not at full power but maybe just amazon/superhuman? Its never been clear that whenever Diana is depowered if she's just a regular human with MMA skills or at the level of an amazon/superhuman.

TBH this is all new to me, Valhalla being the setting and establishing rules and all that. So, we'll likely find out soon.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I think her abilities will come back the more she remembers about her life. Also I wonder if she’ll be able to shape-shift and stuff like her astral self could do in the golden age.
    I think that's the case too, after her trials here she's be back to whatever the team deems "full power" which seems to either worry or intrigue me. That being said, since they established the fact in the first issue that she's lost her powers, we should have an on page moment were she says she has them back or something.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    They've said they'd like to use them but they also said in the interview above whether or not writers are allowed to use characters depends on the editors/creatives say for the books those characters fall under. Donna for the Titans, Cassie for whatever's planned with YJ.
    Do you have the link?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Do you have the link?
    Should be from here if I recall right.

I hope they can appear in the new run. I hope they appear in sensational comics. You figure that Dc would learn. This is why Diana needs her own editor for all the Wonder Woman family
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-16-2021 at 01:28 PM.

I keep starting at the Infinite Legends teaser and hoping it will all come to pass.

I don't want the Wonder Family reunion to be limited to a single poster. Put it in the comic dangit!

#773 Variant

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

#773 Variant

It's a great cover but damn! Why Diana gotta be so short! (I know why but still)

#773 Variant

Middleton has been killing it with these variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's a great cover but damn! Why Diana gotta be so short! (I know why but still)
    Siggy's on a box.

Wowww, that cover is incredible. I wouldn't mind Diana and Steve taking a break so she can get some Siggy. Or maybe they can all be in a relationship together as a nod to Marston. Could you imagine?