Page 241 of 258 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 3858
    Astonishing Member

Thanks for your help, Hypo. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    What's "Dawn of DC?" I've been out of the loop, is this the latest Crisis crisis reboot/rebirth?

Also, what are the best of the best 'must reads' since Robinson's brother no one wanted storyline? I'm getting Historia; what else should I pick up? Black and Gold? Dead Earth? Endless Winter? Agent of Peace?
    Historia is definitely the #1 must-read and it's the only thing from the past few years that I'd say is truly Perez/Rucka-level extraordinary, but there's been plenty of stuff worth checking out.

Black and Gold is solid IMO, not an all-time classic or anything but I'd definitely recommend it. Like all anthology series it's a mixed bag but I really enjoyed it overall.

Dead Earth is polarizing but there's a reason why a lot of people absolutely love it. If you're fundamentally opposed to an over-the-top gory, gritty take on the character it's definitely not for you, and the art style won't jive with everyone, but it's an interesting, exciting read for sure. Personally there were things I loved and hated about it.

Agent of Peace is fine but far from a must-read. The stories are very lightweight and some are quite good and others pretty bad but most are just okay. Haven't read Endless Winter so can't speak to that one.

For some other good recent stuff:

- Steve Orlando's 2 short runs (collected in the trades The Enemy of Both Sides and The Four Horsewomen)

- Stephanie Williams' Nubia and the Amazons / Nubia: Queen of the Amazons miniseries

- Afterworlds, the first trade from the current Cloonan/Conrad run. IMO it goes downhill after that but some people here love the whole run so it's worth seeing for yourself.

- Joelle Jones' Wonder Girl miniseries, with the caveat that it was canceled before the story was finished. The writing is just decent but the artwork is stunning.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    - Joelle Jones' Wonder Girl miniseries, with the caveat that it was canceled before the story was finished. The writing is just decent but the artwork is stunning.
    Weren't the cancelled issues just rebranded as the one-shots for Trial of the Amazons?

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    What's "Dawn of DC?" I've been out of the loop, is this the latest Crisis crisis reboot/rebirth?

Also, what are the best of the best 'must reads' since Robinson's brother no one wanted storyline? I'm getting Historia; what else should I pick up? Black and Gold? Dead Earth? Endless Winter? Agent of Peace?
    Historia's been the big one and yeah, it's one of the best WW things ever done.

I mostly enjoyed Black & Gold, thought it was stronger than it's Superman Red & Blue contemporary.

Dead Earth starts great but completely drops the ball in it's last two issues. Art isn't to everyone's taste but I liked it fwiw.

I would only recommend the issues of Agent of Peace that weren't by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti. The other issues ranged from okay-to-decent but theirs were just dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like a culmination if I've ever heard one.
    Yep, I expect the next creative team will be part of the lineup for issue 800. Here’s hoping it’s a good one.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Looks like a suit redesign may be coming too:
    Bits of a battle-skirt on the sides and underwear visible right in the middle is just weird.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Glad to see the Dodsons back on Wonder Woman even if it is only for 1 issue.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Not gonna make any judgments until I see it in full but hoping the final look has silver bracelets instead of gold and I can't really tell what's going on with the briefs/skirt (is it a weird hybrid of the 2 or is the front flap of the skirt just out of view because she's in motion?). The boots definitely look like an improvement on the current design though.
    I like the tiara and echo everyone who has said the underwear-battle-skirt combo is weird. Hopefully, that doesn't stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Bits of a battle-skirt on the sides and underwear visible right in the middle is just weird.
    Donna's suit isn't quite right either, so it may just be artistic license...

But please, no freaking cape. Especially one that echoes Power Girl's old cape. And can we just have the red of the bodice run a ross the top of the ' eagle' ? It always looks like her top os falling off....

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yeah if they dont want to draw her emblem taking up more room on her upper body as it should....give her straps or extend the red to her neck,

Well…I love the boots and the bracelets. Lol…I have to see her standing a bit better than this (we will next month with the big launch they usually do every March) so I’m staying optimistic.

Fantastic Member

Not gonna make any judgments until I see it in full but hoping the final look has silver bracelets instead of gold and I can't really tell what's going on with the briefs/skirt (is it a weird hybrid of the 2 or is the front flap of the skirt just out of view because she's in motion?). The boots definitely look like an improvement on the current design though.
    Just bring back the classic Post-Crisis Wonder Woman outfit.

Superman and Captain Marvel got their classic outfits back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Who is this? Surely not Diana.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Just bring back the classic Post-Crisis Wonder Woman outfit.

Superman and Captain Marvel got their classic outfits back.
    I feel like the battle skirt is too popular compared to the trunkless costumes of Batman and Superman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the battle skirt is too popular compared to the trunkless costumes of Batman and Superman.
    You're right. Wonder Woman's Rebirth outfit is still popular with the fans.