Page 243 of 258 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 3858
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Either way...its getting very old that the Gods have been killed off how many times in the past 5 years? Banish him to some realm or something.

Janus
    Had completely forgotten about Janus.
    But yeah I agree the murdering of the gods is getting old and it kinda in a way is weakening the look of Wonder Woman to when her gods just keeps getting killed.

They should just not use the gods in the WW title if they can't think of more to do with them than just killing them off once a year.

I can not wait for this run to be over.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Are we supposed to think Yara would've died or been seriously injured from that fall? or that Diana couldn’t possibly get there fast enough from a block away…not that I'd shed a tear for Yara if she joined Zeus in the Graveyard of Go...Good-for-nothings

As for Cheetah, just when you thought things couldn’t get worse for her, they go and do all THIS to her

Ngl, when Eros threatened to let Yara fall I for a moment wondered if they had forgotten who they were writing. (And for some reason I thought Yara could fly anyway.)

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Ngl, when Eros threatened to let Yara fall I for a moment wondered if they had forgotten who they were writing. (And for some reason I thought Yara could fly anyway.)
    She could fly in futurestate but not in main continuity

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Are we supposed to think Yara would've died or been seriously injured from that fall? or that Diana couldn’t possibly get there fast enough from a block away…not that I'd shed a tear for Yara if she joined Zeus in the Graveyard of Go...Good-for-nothings

As for Cheetah, just when you thought things couldn’t get worse for her, they go and do all THIS to her
    Yeah, I was also very confused by Yara being concerned about that fall and it's ridiculous that Diana couldn't catch her when literally one page later she pushes Eros through a skyscraper and up at least 15k feet in the sky in a matter of seconds. They can't even keep her powers consistent for two panels...

Incredible Member

While I share the majority of everyone's gripes about the issue, the art was lovely. Can we have more of this, please?

+
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Wasn't a fan of the latest issue. Cloonrad started off so strong but this story was blah.
    I don't know what you all are talking about, thought it was a good issue. The best part was Etta's interation with Cheetah, that was classic redheaded Etta Candy, aware of her worth and not shy about showing it. I lol'd at the hose comment because Cheetah was acting like an alley cat in heat.

Steve and Siggy make a great team. Soon as I wondered if the artists forgot how cute they're both supposed to be, we got a shirtless double-shot with twin treasure trails. Beautiful.

The conclusion with Hera and the Wizard Shazam was a nice surprise, as was Zeus and his intervention and commentary. For once he sounded like someone who could be Diana's father, though I was ecstactic there was no mention of it. Cloonrad know their audience.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 02-22-2023 at 03:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    +

I don't know what you all are talking about, thought it was a good issue. The best part was Etta's interation with Cheetah, that was classic redheaded Etta Candy, aware of her worth and not shy about showing it. I lol'd at the hose comment because Cheetah was acting like an alley cat in heat.

Steve and Siggy make a great team. Soon as I wondered if the artists forgot how cute they're both supposed to be, we got a shirtless double-shot with twin treasure trails. Beautiful.

The conclusion with Hera and the Wizard Shazam was a nice surprise, as was Zeus and his intervention and commentary. For once he sounded like someone who could be Diana's father, though I was ecstactic there was no mention of it. Cloonrad know their audience.

I agree with your comments on Steve/Siggy and Hera/Zeus/Shazam but I wasn't a fan of the Cheetah/Etta kiss. It just seemed.....awkward and really didn't fit the tone of the rest of the issue. The death of Zeus seems generic and pointless as we know it will be undone sooner than later. The gods just need to go away for a very long time. Their stories are almost always about killing one another.

The art was really nice again. Between Sauvage and Nahuelpan, we've gotten some great artist for these last 2 arcs. I wish one of them was permanently on the title.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The only thing I didn't really like about this issue was the "death" of Zeus...again. Other than that, I felt like it was a solid issue (as most of the run has been for me.) Well, I said the only thing...it's not the only thing...I am tired of Yara. If she were treated along with Donna and Cassie, I might be more tolerant, but I haven't found anything about her to be likable as yet. (Dare I say it...I almost prefer Jason*.)
    **Shields at maximum, preparing for battle. lol

Cheetah's characterization really bothered me. Giving me Snapper Carr flashbacks.

It's a good issue, but it suffers from being repetitive and I think this plot took too long, but hey, all the mess with the gods is supposed to finally end in this upcoming mini event. I am ready for the next and I hope that the closure of this arc meets expectations.

I loved and enjoyed the back up story, the idea of ​​exploring the adventures of young Diana is fresh and very well executed. If Diana would have a book à la Urban Legends, I would love for this creative team to have a fixed space for young Diana.

It's strange that this compilation includes #794, which is the first issue of the Before the Storm arc, did they do it just to gather the Lupaccino material?
    Another strange matter is that Nahuelpan confirmed that he was contracted for a story arc that was finally interrupted and divided by the Lazarus Planet event.
    And also Cloonrad confirmed that there was an 2022 Annual of which they were very proud and that finally did not see the light.
    Are there still problems with WW editors and publisher mandates? I find it incomprehensible that we continue to suffer because of that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Another strange matter is that Nahuelpan confirmed that he was contracted for a story arc that was finally interrupted and divided by the Lazarus Planet event.
    And also Cloonrad confirmed that there was an 2022 Annual of which they were very proud and that finally did not see the light.
    Can you link the interview(s) you're referencing?