Page 189 of 258 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3858

Thought it was a good conclusion to a decent arc. Really like the art for Cloonan/Conrad's section.

spoilers:
    I'm predicting Hera's two underlings are Deimos and Phobos
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I'm kinda shocked that two different Wonder Woman World issues was released today, and I haven't seen any discussion on either. I don't know if that means they were so good that there's nothing to argue about, or if people just aren't interested.
    I think a lot of people pick up their Tuesday releases on Wednesdays, no?

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I also enjoyed the subtle subtext for the, shall we say, camaraderie between Steve and Siggy. I truly hope Cloonrad in headed in the polyamorous direction for this relationship between them and Diana, similar to Lagoon Boy and his husband and wife on Young Justice
    I’ll be honest, I’d be beyond disappointed if they put Diana in a poly relationship and both of her partners were men. And I’d like to think Diana has moved on from them. But I would LOVE to see Steve and Siggy get together (and while they’re at it Diana can finally get a girlfriend…).

Anyway, I agree with everyone here, great conclusion to the arc. Admittedly the inconsistency of the art threw me off a bit but the individual artists were solid. I’ve had a feeling that spoilers:
    Sweetheart was ultimately going to sacrifice herself for the good guys, but they gave it much more emotional weight than I was expecting. I’m glad she got to have a moment where Diana showed her compassion and uplifted her, very WW moment.
    end of spoilers

This is also the most I’ve liked Etta since the Simone years. She has the perfect balance of humor and badassery and her relationship with Diana feels genuine rather than her just being Steve’s military pal who’s along for the ride. Makes me really want to see Cloonrad bring back the Holliday Girls in some capacity.

Can’t wait to see Cheetah return next week! Very interesting that they’re setting it up with spoilers:
    Diana Prince
    end of spoilers and wonder how that’s all gonna come together.

Well, internationally since Comixology was shut down, we read the DC comics on... certain... website. But the... certain.... website hasn't uploaded anything yetm which is freaking weird.

Of course, Ill buy it, but the hardcover reeditions.

A satisfying conclusion to this narrative arc, everyone shines here and Cloonrad proves capable of writing a team and their interactions very well.
    We also see that they are building the Universe in the long term, in the case of the Managment, her intentions were already seen in the pages of Wonder Girl and in her brief appearance there by number 775, I would have liked the villain to be another, but it makes sense that it's her. I guess she will be the main antagonist in Olympus Rebirth.
    I liked the art despite the different artists that intervene and that take away a bit of cohesion, one of them reminded me of the drawings of the 90s comics, especially Siggy when he is released.
    God how I love Siggy, his growing friendship with Steve and his homoerotic interactions, it's perfect.
    Etta shines with her own light and she is the best Etta I have read since Post-COIE.
    I really enjoy the Adventures of Young Diana, I really do. I love Hippolyta, how complex and how well characterized she is.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    I’ll be honest, I’d be beyond disappointed if they put Diana in a poly relationship and both of her partners were men. And I’d like to think Diana has moved on from them. But I would LOVE to see Steve and Siggy get together (and while they’re at it Diana can finally get a girlfriend…).
    This part. It's the hinted queerness between Steve and Siggy for me. What I'm really hoping for Diana is a reunion with Kasia.

And I would love to see Etta in a relationship with another Black woman. For some reason, when it comes to relationships in media, queer or otherwise, creators often opt to put Black people in relationships with non-Black people--as if they feel like they're checking off more than one diversity box when they do that or that they're being "super-progressive" by indicating that non-Black people can deign to date or fall in love with Black people or that Black-on-Black love isn't as appealing as "Black-on-Black crime" and a non-Black person has to be included otherwise particular audience members won't buy into the relationship.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sonofbaldwin View Post

and i would love to see etta in a relationship with another black woman. For some reason, when it comes to relationships in media, queer or otherwise, creators often opt to put black people in relationships with non-black people--as if they feel like they're checking off more than one diversity box when they do that or that they're being "super-progressive" by indicating that non-black people can deign to date or fall in love with black people or that black-on-black love isn't as appealing as "black-on-black crime" and a non-black person has to be included otherwise particular audience members won't buy into the relationship.
    thank you!!!

This part. It's the hinted queerness between Steve and Siggy for me. What I'm really hoping for Diana is a reunion with Kasia.

And I would love to see Etta in a relationship with another Black woman. For some reason, when it comes to relationships in media, queer or otherwise, creators often opt to put Black people in relationships with non-Black people--as if they feel like they're checking off more than one diversity box when they do that or that they're being "super-progressive" by indicating that non-Black people can deign to date or fall in love with Black people or that Black-on-Black love isn't as appealing as "Black-on-Black crime" and a non-Black person has to be included otherwise particular audience members won't buy into the relationship.

Holy shit! That whole exchange between Siggy and Steve (some non-spoilerish key words: "polish," "blind," "try") was quite queererotic, especially in a major American comic book. I loved it.

Also, HECK YEAH to your Etta point. Not only do I want her to be with a black woman, but I want that black woman to be really dark-skinned, proudly wear her natural hair, and gorgeously parade her curves around. Just to switch things up from the usual lighter-skinned, skinny (or skinny-ish), straight-laced and straight-haired look that comic book artists default to whenever they are told to draw black women.

Did not like the icky man milk facial but did like the "wild island hogs" line.

Steve, Siggy + Diana? Really don't think they'll actually go through with it, they're only teasing.

Management was a let down that made sense but it was made up for by Diana Prince. The earrings are still the giveaway if you fail to miss the other obvious similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Steve, Siggy + Diana? Really don't think they'll actually go through with it, they're only teasing.
    If they don't, it won't be because of Cloonrad. Because Cloonrad is pushing for it.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

If they don't, it won't be because of Cloonrad. Because Cloonrad is pushing for it.

I agree. I think DC is just worried that the folks over at Bounding into Comics will a Steve/Diana/Siggy relationship is "too woke".
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Yeah but what HestiasHearth said about "especially in a major American comic book" and Diana not even having sex until the New 52 makes me think that unfortunately D.C. won't go for it. Think of the children!!! j/k lol

Yeah but what HestiasHearth said about "especially in a major American comic book" and Diana not even having sex until the New 52 makes me think that unfortunately D.C. won't go for it. Think of the children!!! j/k lol
    You are most likely right, especially now that Trump-supporting/conservative David Zaslav is calling the shots. I wonder what's going to happen to Nubia, Dreamer, Jon Kent, Tim Drake, Harley, Ivy, and others.

You are most likely right, especially now that Trump-supporting/conservative David Zaslav is calling the shots. I wonder what's going to happen to Nubia, Dreamer, Jon Kent, Tim Drake, Harley, Ivy, and others.
    I find solace here because I doubt Zaslav or the WBD execs care enough about the comics to push for any creative changes. They most likely see them as a glorified IP farm. It could certainly impact rep in movies/shows but suits see dollars and cents long before anything else so at the very least I’m definitely not worried about Harley and Ivy.

(Though I do still find it really funny/sad that of everything they got away with in Harley Quinn, the ONE line WB wouldn’t cross was Batman eating a woman out because “heroes don’t do that.” Good thing the Amazons of Themyscira are heroines amiright?)

That's been the case for awile...

Attachment 123737

She's still wearing her Wonder Woman earrings to dare anyone to guess who she really is.
    Definitely, but not always shown that way.

Zaslav is a Trump supporter? Everywhere I look, I read that he is a democrat.
    Even this chart here ------> https://www.campaignmoney.com/politi...v.asp?cycle=20
    claims that his 2020 political contributions all went to Democrats. Did he change his allegiances recently?