Page 119 of 258 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3858
    Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    These covers are so so pretty and this is my favourite one so far

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    The Enki people seem interesting enough, but I'm not into the plot point "got displaced by the Amazons".

Yeah, there was something off while she fought the robbers that made me think she was one of the Mirror Wonder Women for a second. Maybe sth happens at the end of the current arc that has Diana up in arms? I thought her more aggressive stance made perfect sense when she confronted Altuum, though. He was being a real creep.

Interesting that only Nubia and Diana are mentioned by name.
    Haven't kept up in a while. What's this about people being displaced by the Amazons?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Haven't kept up in a while. What's this about people being displaced by the Amazons?
    In the Annual this guy claims that his people were driven from Themiscryia by The Gods when they gifted it to the Amazons and they've been waiting for Diana to die before attempting to take it back. They planned and they will be invading the island pretty soon.

Not a fan of that if they make it out to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'm not so hot on that plot point either, he's clearly a villain so I'm hoping that there's more to the story here.
    I'm hoping it's true. Themyscira displacing a civilization during it's creation is a warhead with a heavy payload falling from the sky. It has to be dealt with. Even if it's a civilization filled with creeps they'd have a right to feel wronged.

Although the Amazons are blameless they didn't pick the location of their island. Their patrons did and we all know they don't always play above board.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Okay I promise I won't press the point because I disagree, but I'm really curious as to why you didn't like the first arc? What was it that turned you off about it? For me it's every bit as good as Rucka and Perez simply because of how they changed Diana's voice and tone. She's much more forceful, braggadocios and aggressive now, but she's still nice, has an air of regality and uses diplomacy before violence. It's like Cloonrad turned her volume up and added more heat to her personality, so she more closely resembles her Golden Age characterization.

Why does it matter? You constantly gatekeep the Wonder Woman properties discussed here and question everyone who does not worship the WW altar 100 % (whether your gatekeeping is direct or "subtle," it's quite noticeable). Let people like or dislike what they want to). Jeez, Louise.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Why does it matter? You constantly gatekeep the Wonder Woman properties discussed here and question everyone who does not worship the WW altar 100 % (whether your gatekeeping is direct or "subtle," it's quite noticeable). Let people like or dislike what they want to). Jeez, Louise.
    It's not that deep, I had no ulteior motive for asking the question and stated quite plainly the reason was curiosity. Now I know their feelings on the subject and they both made a lot of sense. That's part of the beauty of Wonder Woman, she has a lot of different elements making up her world and we're all attracted to diferent facets of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It's not that deep, I had no ulteior motive for asking the question and stated quite plainly the reason was curiosity. Now I know their feelings on the subject and they both made a lot of sense. That's part of the beauty of Wonder Woman, she has a lot of different elements making up her world and we're all attracted to diferent facets of it.
    It is that deep to you, obviously, if it makes you engage in this constant, sometimes-blatant-sometimes "subtle" gatekeeping of these characters. This is like the fourth recent time you question several differente members of the board for disliking a certain type of WW art or a specific writer or even a pic. Like I said, enjoy whatever you enjoy and let others enjoy or not enjoy whatever they enjoy/not enjoy; the gatekeeping is ridiculous and unnecessary. I have never seen anyone else here interrogating anyone over their preferences in regard to WW stories.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This is exactly what I've loved the most about the current run! But I'd be lying if I said my fingers weren't crossed, hoping it all doesn't go out the window with the next writer (as DC editorial is wont to do).
    Bud, we both know they're going to get Scott Lobdell after this run.

If the current creative team can keep up the momentum they've had, this is easily going to be one of Diana's celebrated runs. Loving this book.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I mostly liked the annual, hut I'm really disappointed they're keeping her WWII ties. I don't think that origin works for the main universe anymore.
    It makes her seem completely ineffective if she's been around for decades and society is still the way it is. I also think she should be from the same generation as the rest of the Trinity as she doesn't really behave like an immortal would (as evidenced by how easily manipulated she was in this very issue).
    With such a larger focus on the Omniverse lately, I don't get why they don't just explore WWII Wonder Woman as part of Earth-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I mostly liked the annual, hut I'm really disappointed they're keeping her WWII ties. I don't think that origin works for the main universe anymore.
    It makes her seem completely ineffective if she's been around for decades and society is still the way it is. I also think she should be from the same generation as the rest of the Trinity as she doesn't really behave like an immortal would (as evidenced by how easily manipulated she was in this very issue).
    With such a larger focus on the Omniverse lately, I don't get why they don't just explore WWII Wonder Woman as part of Earth-2.
    Are any of the heroes effective though? Bruce has been Batman for a decade and Gotham just gets worse and worse with the same villains taking over. Superman saves some lives but the world hasn't changed ,Lex is still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Are any of the heroes effective though? Bruce has been Batman for a decade and Gotham just gets worse and worse with the same villains taking over. Superman saves some lives but the world hasn't changed ,Lex is still around.
    No heroes are effective in ongoing comics, but it kind of makes Diana look the most ineffective by comparison because she’s been active for 80 years.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    No heroes are effective in ongoing comics, but it kind of makes Diana look the most ineffective by comparison because she’s been active for 80 years.
    Ineffective how? What goal do you think Diana is failing at if she's active 80 years? To be clear, I much rather she is introduced in modern times, too. However, I'm not certain what she would have failed at. Society has literally billions of people. Even just American society has hundreds of millions. It doesn't seem possible to change the entirety of society.

Also, if she had, what exactly would her comic book be about, a perfect world? That sounds boring.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I wouldn't have her active during the entire 80 years. I'd have her return to Themiscryia like they did in the show. Have her feel like she has unfinished buisness in Mans World.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I really enjoyed the story in the Annual but that art was inconsistent and choppy to stay the least. I'm looking forward to Trial of the Amazons even more now.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Ineffective how? What goal do you think Diana is failing at if she's active 80 years? To be clear, I much rather she is introduced in modern times, too. However, I'm not certain what she would have failed at. Society has literally billions of people. Even just American society has hundreds of millions. It doesn't seem possible to change the entirety of society.

Also, if she had, what exactly would her comic book be about, a perfect world? That sounds boring.
    They called Superman ineffective in Superman: Son of Kal-El, and he’s been active for 20-30 years. Is Wonder Woman not ineffective by extent in that regard?
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~