Page 160 of 258 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3858

Re: #787

Hearing Diana say her heart has never been heavier was the kind of emotional response to Hippolyta’s passing I was looking for. They could still lean into that some more.

The Altuum resolution (if you want to call it that—not sure it’s actually finished) would have been a more satisfying ending to TotA.

I know they say “it’s all canon now,” but this back and forth with Zeus daddy/clay references is frustrating. Stick with the clay and stop f#$&ing around! LOL!!

I, too, was at first underwhelmed with this Villainy line-up. But upon reflection, with Psycho in charge, it makes sense.

Why was Diana wearing glasses just to watch videos with Etta?

I’m glad we’re getting back on track after the crossover event.
    Last edited by Largo161; 05-14-2022 at 12:28 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

We're out of TotA and...back to norm which I like better.

If this was meant to be the end of the Altuum then...it was a major failure and waste of page space. Interesting story and something that I initially hated but liked after this issue.

Poison working with Psycho....not much to really think into it imo. Look at todays world and how many women back certain people that are proven to be on Psychos level. They have a common agenda and that is powerful enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    We're out of TotA and...back to norm which I like better.

If this was meant to be the end of the Altuum then...it was a major failure and waste of page space. Interesting story and something that I initially hated but liked after this issue.

Poison working with Psycho....not much to really think into it imo. Look at todays world and how many women back certain people that are proven to be on Psychos level. They have a common agenda and that is powerful enough.
    Dr. Poison back to being all about Dat evil science.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Good point. Especially here in the USA.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Finally got a chance to read it.

Happy to see Steve and Etta back, but I wish they’d kept ARGUS as their organization instead of Checkmate.

Having Siggy around works and the setup of them being roommates is good.

I’m looking forward to meeting whoever it is that Steve is now seeing.

Doctor Psycho and the Twin Shadows both reference doing the will of the Management, so there’s more to this Villainy Inc. to be revealed… I’m curious who’s pulling or influencing the villains’s strings.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Happy to see Steve and Etta back, but I wish they’d kept ARGUS as their organization instead of Checkmate.

Doctor Psycho and the Twin Shadows both reference doing the will of the Management, so there’s more to this Villainy Inc. to be revealed… I’m curious who’s pulling or influencing the villains’s strings.
    I hope it's Veronica Cale. Finding and funding villains is in her wheel house. It'd be good that a rampant misogynist like Psycho ultimately has a lady boss and besides that I miss her.

Well I'm hoping it's not Veronica Cale. She is boring. Some other female villain would be fine with me

Incredible Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Cale at the top, unbeknownst to Psycho. The Twin Shadows are probably gods, though. I feel like Psycho just jacked the name Villainy, Inc from the previous iteration, and I hope they show up to take it back. Maybe that's why Poison is there? As a double agent?

Fairly certain solicits have spoiled Duke of Deception will probably be the leader.

Cale would interesting since she was first introduced in Rucka's first run in an arc with Psycho.

There is also the possibility that it is Maxwell Lord the MANagement, but a twist like Cale or another villain would be nice.
    I also thought that it could be some god maybe Ares or Eris, and the Shadow Twins the Duke of Deception and Earl of Greed,
    or maybe they already spoiled us that the Duke is the head of everything and maybe the Earl and Conquest the Twins...
    or none of that :P
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 05-14-2022 at 11:57 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    There is also the possibility that it is Maxwell Lord the MANagement, but a twist like Cale or another villain would be nice.
    I also thought that it could be some god maybe Ares or Eris, and the Shadow Twins the Duke of Deception and Earl of Greed,
    or maybe they already spoiled us that the Duke is the head of everything and maybe the Earl and Conquest the Twins...
    Haha, oh noooo, not more Lord. And was that pun made in the latest issue!?! It's so silly and so apropos for Psycho that it feels like it was, even if it wasn't!

The Duke of Deception making an appearance certainly makes me hopeful this new Villainy, Inc will be more interesting than their initial appearance suggests haha.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Seriously...what was wrong with straight-up ARGUS? Checkmate is under ARGUS, in the DCEU; so, maybe that is what the writer is going for, here. Col. Steve, being a roving adventurer and heading a Checkmate unit, within the ARGUS org structure is actually more realistic, than writing him into a rank, right under a Cabinet-level bureaucrat. Isn't Checkmate freely associated, with other DC Comics entities, outside the Wonderverse: Amanda Waller, Sasha Bordeaux, Suicide Squad, Deathstroke, etc?

ARGUS wasn't created in the WW comic, but, with Steve as Director, it felt like ours, I guess...? I feel like the WW comic needs an ARGUS, standing in for the US Military; maybe, it doesn't.

I'd like more clarity on the Checkmate-ARGUS relationship, when Cloonrad & Co get a minute.

Much as I'd love to find out Myrina Black is the Management, it's probably Veronica Cale.

I think that Myrina Black is probably, next to Tynion's Circe and Sekowsky's Doctor Cyber, the best all-around, fully developed, nuanced supervillainess/anti-heroine, WW has in her current rogues gallery. Clea and Grail certainly have a clearer motivations - conquer, destroy, enslave - but, they look like cartoons [They ARE cartoons, Mel!], next to Myrina and Veronica Cale. Comparatively, Cale pales in comparison to Myrina, ..but, if Cale's still in the game...

Guess she's the best we can do.

I know it looks like stalking or bromance, just following Scott around and agreeing, with 99% of whatever he posts. It's not. It might be a little lazy, though.

You make it so easy, Scott. Thanks.

And everyone knows I'm totally down, with the Siggy! It's about damn time, the WW comic - Batwoman, Hawkwoman and Supergirl running around - got ONE action figure, lunchbox and cosplay worthy, costumed male side-character...one, in like eighty years...? Even better, being an Asgardian, he's independent of the Amazons, but can eventually be plugged into into the family, as the first, universally COOL male Wonder (cooler than Ferdinand, Achilles, Pr. Jason, etc). Loving it...want the action figure!

Something else...the CAST! Love that we've got a classic cast again and an editor, in Brittany Holzherr, who has expressed support for having one. I feel so strongly about Etta's and Siggy's presence on this cast, I will dump this comic, for good, if the editors let the next creative team dump them, ignore them or kill them off...totally will. If not for the editorial wastefulness of Robert Kanigher, I think Etta Candy might be as recognizable, as Robin or Alfred, today - BEST everywoman in comics - and I've already shared how I feel about Siggy. So tired of seeing the experimental thing, WW editors extend to one WW writer, after another, ..never requiring them to establish something, as basic as a sustainable, regular supporting cast, recurring characters or rogues gallery.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-14-2022 at 08:32 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I hope it's Veronica Cale. Finding and funding villains is in her wheel house. It'd be good that a rampant misogynist like Psycho ultimately has a lady boss and besides that I miss her.
    I’d like see VI returned to more or less the villainesses that founded it. I’d keep Godwatch around too, as separate organization that is run by Veronica Cale. I like the idea of that organization being composed of human scientists, doctors and adversaries for the most part that study, prepare for and exploit incidents with deities and their divine energies present in the DCU. In my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee, Godwatch has this specific function in Diana’s iconic city and for how I’m developing how the gods interact with mortals. My take is that Godwatch would have as much interest and concern with Diana and the Olympians as they would with Cheetah and Urzkartaga or Circe.

I’d definitely like to see Doctor Psycho’s reaction to receiving orders from a lady boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Cale at the top, unbeknownst to Psycho. The Twin Shadows are probably gods, though. I feel like Psycho just jacked the name Villainy, Inc from the previous iteration, and I hope they show up to take it back. Maybe that's why Poison is there? As a double agent?
    I’m really hoping for a twist that returns VI to the villainesses and/or non-binary adversaries. Doctor Psycho should be universally reviled by heroines and villainesses and non-binary characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    It could go a lot of ways. Not using some of the traditional/historical members of Villainy Inc certainly certainly messes with expectations. Thankfully I’m skilled at providing speculation without having expectations. It helps me have fun and simultaneously enjoy the story being told.

I get that Maxwell Lord is a Wonder foe now, but I’m also a little bored with him right now. In my series bible work, I’ve been working on connecting him and Veronica together. Not only in opposition to Diana, but possibly building in a romantic relationship. Not sure that’s where I’ll ultimately land, but I’m toying with the idea and letting it gestate in my subconscious.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 05-17-2022 at 10:54 AM.