Page 94 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Has steve trevor showed up at all since DC changed Diana's age to be alive since the JSA was around? Because if that is steve trevor, shouldn't he be a old man at this point?
    DC has been tip-toeing around that retcon and hasn't gone into much detail about it at all, so who knows how old Steve is supposed to be. I think currently, they made it so she just remembers the pasts Earth's but her cannon origin is still the Rebirth one.

And Steve is in Checkmate right now. I don't read that comic, but he didn't look old on the cover.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 09-18-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing the ex in the solicit is Steve?
    If the villain in this is most likely a Silver Age villain from Kanigher's run, I wonder if the ex might be Mer-Man?

It'd be better if it was Kasia just to acknowledge that more often, but a Mer-Man or Bird-Man cameo would be neat

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I absolutely hate that we are losing Travis, but Takara is an exceptional replacement. His work is so kinetic and full of life.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I absolutely hate that we are losing Travis, but Takara is an exceptional replacement. His work is so kinetic and full of life.
    Well, he will be judged based on how he draws Siggy's nipples

Beautiful! I’m looking forward to this artist on the book.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Well, he will be judged based on how he draws Siggy's nipples
    Hahahaha, fair enough! However, I do not think there will be many who can match Moore for that....

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Is Takara going to be an ongoing replacement or just another one or two issue fill-in?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Has steve trevor showed up at all since DC changed Diana's age to be alive since the JSA was around? Because if that is steve trevor, shouldn't he be a old man at this point?
    Multiple generations of look alike descendants?

Eh, Steve died six times in pre crisis and kept coming back. Something as measly as straightening out continuity for post crisis is small potatoes for Steve at this point

Turns out Steve was part of a set of octuplets and they all look and are named Steve. Only Diana didn't realize it.

All Steve needs is another trip to Themyscira (which is other-dimensional). Reveal he's effectively immortal due to being out of the timestream when first exposed to the Purple Healing Ray after crashing there in Year One. In the present day he has A.R.G.U.S. set up his World War II credentials and he uses Themyscira's Tides of Time to show up in the 40's and assist Diana with her adventures.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Since the idea of being rebooted consciously has been thrown out for certain characters they can literally say that Steve was just... deaged or something due to the crises. He was never gonna be reset to being Etta's husband because Etta is going to be gay at all times going forward, so at the very least they'd likely end up divorced. But still. Best not to overthink it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I want Steve to be as compelling as Lois Lane and that's a tough nut to crack. At the very least he needs his own stories to flesh him out more and gives him a reason to be by Diana's side despite reboots, rebirths and reimaginings. As demonstrated time and again in multiple media, that's a love that defies even death itself. Making him internalize the power of the ray is a way for that.

And to be honest he needs to be on equal footing with Siegfried.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I want Steve to be as compelling as Lois Lane and that's a tough nut to crack. At the very least he needs his own stories to flesh him out more and gives him a reason to be by Diana's side despite reboots, rebirths and reimaginings. As demonstrated time and again in multiple media, that's a love that defies even death itself. Making him internalize the power of the ray is a way for that.

And to be honest he needs to be on equal footing with Siegfried.
    At this point, I think Steve needs to be an ex-militaire, and he needs a hustle.

We root for Lois, because is climbing in that same sentient nuclear reactor, FIVE days a week, no matter how many times Superman has to take a deathray, in the chest, to save her crazy @$$, ..because Miz Lois has to get that story. She's a fanatic. She's a pain-in-the-butt. Superman should totally let her die, ..once, at least, ..but, we cheer the girl on, because she's so badass. Comparatively speaking, Steve, despite his propensity to get his shirt ripped off, seems to be virtually indestructible and isn't generally perceived to be in any real danger, no matter what's happening...

So, he doesn't get Lois-love.

Does anybody know what Steve Trevor does for a living? I mean...what is his actual job? Where's his struggle? What's he risking his life to get done, for a paycheck? Comparatively speaking, in 1938, Lois was a struggling, hungry 'girl reporter', and her biggest struggle was proving to the world, she was, as competent, driven and committed, ..as any man. Lois has a struggle, that actually drives a Superman story; so, we relate. Today, Steve is Captain America in khakis, without a Hitler to kill...no love.

There is nothing about his copycat superficiality, as DC's Nick Fury, that makes me care a whit about Col. Steve. Furthermore, the instant-marriage, between him and the leading lady, Wonder Woman, is boring [So boring!], does nothing to drive a story, ..and should've ended, about 1974, with Lynda's TV show! Steve needs function and struggle, and NOT status (Director of SHIELD) or power (shirt-disintegration, bor'e-pathy, nuclear diarrhea), ..to make us care about him.

Steve needs a hustle...a struggle.

I think Steve needs to be an ex-militaire, who now uses his military skills and connections to work for Diana. I think he needs to be struggling to be free of something going on in his personal life - marriage to an abusive woman, fighting/protecting Diana from his sinister family, guilt over causing loved one's death. He could be Diana's expeditions chief, mission security or the pilot, who flies supporting characters to wherever Wonder Woman's adventure is unfolding. Col. Steve needs a real, identifiable job, that plain, stinky mortals can relate to ..or understand. I agree, with you - he's NOT as compelling, as a male Lois, as I see it...

Not by half.

Not missing Col. Steve, over here, ..and won't give a damn about him, until somebody makes me.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-21-2021 at 07:11 PM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!