Page 26 of 258 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Some interesting stuff. Sounds like Diana may be in other mythologies as part of this arc and also a bit of memory loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Some interesting stuff. Sounds like Diana may be in other mythologies as part of this arc and also a bit of memory loss.
    Besides the Norse gods, I wonder if we’ll meet Rama, Tezcatlipoca, and the New Gods at some point. (The latter I’d say most definitely.)

Incredible Member

Sounds pretty good to me! Loved Cloonan's "spooky fun" line. Diana interacting with the other parts and mythologies of the Sphere of Gods is pretty cool. Dare I say, will this run actually be fun?!?! Hasn't felt like that since Orlando's short stint.

We might get some cool Wonder feats if this interview is any indication. Diana is enjoying being dead and the...freedom (?) that offers. Certainly a different take but let's see where it goes.

Spooky fun truly sounds good.

This too has me excited: I would suggest readers pay attention to the characters in the background, the stuff that's going on on the sidelines. There's going to be stuff there for you, but we won't be super explicit about it.

The God's Sphere seems like a great place to explore for Diana.

This is some truly fantastic art and storytelling, in just these few panels!

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    This is some truly fantastic art and storytelling, in just these few panels!

Yeah it's a nice way of indicating that Diana doesn't view her life as over. I'm guessing she's not dead in the typical sense, but that someone kidnapped her spirit on its way back to Earth. Or maybe she knew she was going to Asgard but her mind was wiped once she got there.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How do you guys feel about the new outfit?

I like the new outfit. Do you like it or you prefer Wonder Woman to have a superhero outfit instead of a viking/warrior outfit?

Thought this was a solid debut issue.

Backup story with Young Diana was nice also though bit of a minor tonal whiplash when paired with the main story given it seemed to be more along the lines of those young reader GNs DC's been putting out.

spoilers:
    Jumpa makes an appearance in the backup story also so I'm sure that'll make some happy
    end of spoilers

Yeah, the back-up honestly made me think of the Princess of the Amazon OGN. Didn't expect spoilers:
    the megalodons in the water. For some reason, I thought Bellaire's story is only two parts long, so the solicits for #772 didn't spoiler me.
    end of spoilers

The main story has me intrigued. spoilers:
    Diana going into full-on hero mode at the end made me chuckle. The narrator box was almost unnecessary simply because the change in her expression was so well done and the last words were just so Wonder Woman.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Yeah, the back-up honestly made me think of the Princess of the Amazon OGN. Didn't expect spoilers:
    the megalodons in the water. For some reason, I thought Bellaire's story is only two parts long, so the solicits for #772 didn't spoiler me.
    end of spoilers

Diana going into full-on hero mode at the end made me chuckle. The narrator box was almost unnecessary simply because the change in her expression was so well done and the last words were just so Wonder Woman.
    end of spoilers
    I am going to be a pain in the #### again. And ask if my eyes are watching WW fighting normal vikings in those scans? I can't believe she would need any help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I am going to be a pain in the #### again. And ask if my eyes are watching WW fighting normal vikings in those scans? I can't believe she would need any help with that.
    All I'm gonna say is that there is a proper in-story explanation.

I really enjoyed the first issue. Fun setup and it really does have a D&D-esque feel to it which I enjoy. And the backup story has Jumpa!

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    end of spoilers

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I think it was Simone who introduced the Megalodons as a part of Themyscira in her run and they've been on-and-off fixtures since then
    end of spoilers

Any ideas of who is the flying person?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Such a fun issue! It made me really excited for what's to come. I love how it's such a great jumping on point for old and new readers alike.
    Diana finally has a fresh new direction again.