Page 258 of 258 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258
Results 3,856 to 3,858 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’ve been thinking about this a lot and have been developing a couple of new characters that can physically go toe to toe with Diana or any of the other superpowerfully strong heroes. It’s been fun to do, but obviously doesn’t help the actual title.

I agree that Superwoman from Earth 3 would be a great battler with Diana, but I’d want to overhaul the character and dig into who she is a bit more. I’m not a fan of the current Donna Troy version. (All the Earth 3 characters could use some work IMHO.)

I enjoy when Diana tussles with the New Gods, whether that is Darkseid, Kalibak, Grail or Granny Goodness and the Female Furies. Diana should have a connection to the New Gods that’s every bit as strong as Superman’s. I’d like to see a lot more exploration of what makes the New Gods deities and how that compares to the Olympians and other pantheons. Like, do all New Gods and Olympians have super strength and resiliency? Who’s the lowest most powerful and highest most powerful (e.g. strength-wise) amongst them and compared to Wonder Woman and normal humans. I think that can help in understanding which characters pose a physical threat to Diana - especially when she’s in the top tier of powerful and resilient characters.

Queen Clea, while not having as much raw power as Diana, should definitely be on the list of characters that’s a physical threat to Diana. Johns revamped all the Atlanteans to have a greater degree of strength and resiliency than they did prior to the DCnU. If I had my way, I’d have the Amazons be on, or almost on, par with the Atlanteans in strength.

Past the normal ones, there are other adversaries I would make/revamp in a class that’s strong enough to trade blows with Diana - Heracles (obviously), Giganta (obviously), Eviless and Doctor Cyber.
    Have to agree with you and OBT in wanting to see WW face a super-villain (preferably a woman), who, while threatening freedom and love, also represents a physical match for her power, ..and I'd like to see that recurring, somehow. Furthermore, I'd like to see the SVs, who already match her physically or come close to doing so - Clea, Superwoman, Myrina, Janus, etc - used more often and more cleverly.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Have to agree with you and OBT in wanting to see WW face a super-villain (preferably a woman), who, while threatening freedom and love, also represents a physical match for her power, ..and I'd like to see that recurring, somehow. Furthermore, I'd like to see the SVs, who already match her physically or come close to doing so - Clea, Superwoman, Myrina, Janus, etc - used more often and more cleverly.
    I have petitioned for years....YEARS for Superwoman to become a mainstay villain for Diana. Even asking Gail Simone about it once when she had taken over the book. That character is so completely antithetical to Diana...but I so prefer it to be the Earth 3 Diana/Lois character and not the Donna one. Myrina Black is another character I would love to see given some page time. Clea as well. There's so freaking many and yet we dont get them....sigh.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Extraordinary Member

Edit: deleted - wrong thread.