Page 195 of 258 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Now that Nubia's mini is ending I really hope she and the other Amazons start showing up in the main book. Would love to see more from legacy characters who haven't gotten their due in a while like Io and Philippus and some of the newer ones like Bia, Anahi, and Faruka. I've kinda given up hope for Cassie, Donna, Artemis, and Yara but obviously I'm desperate to see all of them in one place doing something other than fighting each other (I am once again asking for a Wonderfam slice of life webtoon...).
    I do understand when Diana is in Themyscira, Nubia and the rest of the Amazons should show up, but considering that they may spend most of their time on the island, when Diana is in the Man's World the least I expect other than Siggy, Etta and Steve, is that the Wonderfamily is present on a recurring basis. I also think that not using the Holliday Girls with Etta was a miscalculation.

And this sneak peek from #791 gets me hyped - stunning! Can anyone tell which Esquecida Amazon that is?
    I guess it's Anahi, the Esquecidas' oracle
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 08-17-2022 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Today I picked up the Nightwing and The Flash comics, which after a long time of only reading Wonder Woman, caught me for some time, first because of their art and because I also consider them a good example of what the WW run needs , the use of the entire Wonderfamily.
    I don't know if it's because of the writers or the editors, but I'm surprised to see how in Nightwing and The Flash their Batfamily or Flashfamily are appearing recurrently.
    In this last issue we can see the Batgirls, Tim, Batwoman, Signal, Bruce, Huntress, The Titans. And in The Flash there are all the speedsters, Barry, Quicksilver, Jesse Quick, Jay Garrick, Kid Flash, Avery Ho, the children of Wally and Linda West.
    I also saw in Clark's solicitation that the entire Superfamily join him in the arc of his return to Earth.
    What surprises me is that Cloonrad in his Batgirls series also makes use of the Batfamily, which makes me wonder why we don't have continuous appearances in the Wonder Woman series by at least Donna, Cassie, Artemis, Grace Choi, Peng Deilan and Yara. We should have Lyta Hall Trevor back and maybe Hessia too.
    In this last plot arc, Cloonrad cleverly put villains on a par with Steve and Etta, but with a more powerful grouping like the original Villainy Inc., the combined superpowers of the Wonderfamily would be needed.
    Is it a question of the writers or are those characters "banned" for the main series?
    Yara and Nubia I imagine were under their Jones and Williams' purview. Don't know what their status is now since WG got canned and the Nubia stuff wrapping up. Donna's, of course, always been a Titans character more than a Wonder character.

Would be genuinely surprised to see Peng Deilan pop up. Doesn't even seem the current Super books are using Kong Keenan, who was the one who had a book.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Now that Nubia's mini is ending I really hope she and the other Amazons start showing up in the main book. Would love to see more from legacy characters who haven't gotten their due in a while like Io and Philippus and some of the newer ones like Bia, Anahi, and Faruka. I've kinda given up hope for Cassie, Donna, Artemis, and Yara but obviously I'm desperate to see all of them in one place doing something other than fighting each other (I am once again asking for a Wonderfam slice of life webtoon...).

And this sneak peek from #791 gets me hyped - stunning! Can anyone tell which Esquecida Amazon that is?

That art is just plain mesmerizing. I hope Sauvage stays on the book for more than 1 arc.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    That art is just plain mesmerizing. I hope Sauvage stays on the book for more than 1 arc.
    I low key thought this was the back up story lol

Today I picked up the Nightwing and The Flash comics, which after a long time of only reading Wonder Woman, caught me for some time, first because of their art and because I also consider them a good example of what the WW run needs , the use of the entire Wonderfamily.
    I don't know if it's because of the writers or the editors, but I'm surprised to see how in Nightwing and The Flash their Batfamily or Flashfamily are appearing recurrently.
    In this last issue we can see the Batgirls, Tim, Batwoman, Signal, Bruce, Huntress, The Titans. And in The Flash there are all the speedsters, Barry, Quicksilver, Jesse Quick, Jay Garrick, Kid Flash, Avery Ho, the children of Wally and Linda West.
    I also saw in Clark's solicitation that the entire Superfamily join him in the arc of his return to Earth.
    What surprises me is that Cloonrad in his Batgirls series also makes use of the Batfamily, which makes me wonder why we don't have continuous appearances in the Wonder Woman series by at least Donna, Cassie, Artemis, Grace Choi, Peng Deilan and Yara. We should have Lyta Hall Trevor back and maybe Hessia too.
    In this last plot arc, Cloonrad cleverly put villains on a par with Steve and Etta, but with a more powerful grouping like the original Villainy Inc., the combined superpowers of the Wonderfamily would be needed.
    Is it a question of the writers or are those characters "banned" for the main series?
    I got into WW through Byrne's which had a mix of Amazonian and human cast.

I much prefer Diana's interactions with Artemis, Cassie and Donna over her interactions with Steve and Etta.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

A new interview with Cloonrad about they Wonder Woman series, they don't say much about the future.

https://screenrant.com/interview-won...becky-cloonan/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I got into WW through Byrne's which had a mix of Amazonian and human cast.

I much prefer Diana's interactions with Artemis, Cassie and Donna over her interactions with Steve and Etta.
    I don't know if I prefer one interaction more than another, what I am sure of is that I need the Wonderfamily to start appearing regularly in the ongoing.

#793 90s Themed Variant

Variant covers WW #791

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yara and Nubia I imagine were under their Jones and Williams' purview. Don't know what their status is now since WG got canned and the Nubia stuff wrapping up. Donna's, of course, always been a Titans character more than a Wonder character.

Would be genuinely surprised to see Peng Deilan pop up. Doesn't even seem the current Super books are using Kong Keenan, who was the one who had a book.
    He showed up in the backup for the last issue of Action! Baxi showed up in Williamson’s brief Batman run. I love the JLC. Peng rules, but she’s not someone who has a strong tie to Diana that would cause her to show up often.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He showed up in the backup for the last issue of Action! Baxi showed up in Williamson’s brief Batman run. I love the JLC. Peng rules, but she’s not someone who has a strong tie to Diana that would cause her to show up often.
    Oh right, Williamson was doing another Morrison riff with Batman Inc. Not surprised he showed up there.

Yeah, if characters with actual in-universe connections to Diana only sporadically pop then outliers like Peng don't have a chance.

#793 90s Themed Variant

You can tell Jen Bartel wasn't alive back then because other than the high-waisted jeans there's nothing really 90's about this image. And no Princess should ever wear jeans as common as Levi's. If it's supposed to be the 90's they should have been Guess.

#793 90s Themed Variant

Nice one!

I love that vibe. The arc looks better and better the more they reveal about it.

Dread it. Rum from it. Batman and Superman arrive all the same.

Solicit for #793

WONDER WOMAN #793
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN, MICHAEL W. CONRAD, and JORDIE BELLAIRE
    Art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO and PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    Variant cover by CLAY MANN
    90s Cover Month variant cover by JEN BARTEL
    1:25 variant cover by JOE QUINONES
    Nubia 50th anniversary variant cover by JOSHUA "SWAY" SWABY $4.99 | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/8/22

The Trinity reunited! With Superman's recent return from Warworld, he, Batman, and Wonder Woman have been called to the Justice League's abandoned Watchtower to save their planet from an Imperium invasion! Do they still have what it takes? Or has the time away from one another left Earth open to attacks from throughout the universe that the strongest heroes can't stop?
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-19-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Dread it. Rum from it. Batman and Superman arrive all the same.

Solicit for #793

I trust Cloonan and Conrad to do a decent job with the Trinity dynamic here (and especially not let Diana get shown up in her own comic).