Page 161 of 258 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Seriously...what was wrong with straight-up ARGUS? Checkmate is under ARGUS, in the DCEU; so, maybe that is what the writer is going for, here. Col. Steve, being a roving adventurer and heading a Checkmate unit, within the ARGUS org structure is actually more realistic, than writing him into a rank, right under a Cabinet-level bureaucrat. Isn't Checkmate freely associated, with other DC Comics entities, outside the Wonderverse: Amanda Waller, Sasha Bordeaux, Suicide Squad, Deathstroke, etc?

ARGUS wasn't created in the WW comic, but, with Steve as Director, it felt like ours, I guess...? I feel like the WW comic needs an ARGUS, standing in for the US Military; maybe, it doesn't.

I'd like more clarity on the Checkmate-ARGUS relationship, when Cloonrad & Co get a minute.

Much as I'd love to find out Myrina Black is the Management, it's probably Veronica Cale.

I think that Myrina Black is probably, next to Tynion's Circe and Sekowsky's Doctor Cyber, the best all-around, fully developed, nuanced supervillainess/anti-heroine, WW has in her current rogues gallery. Clea and Grail certainly have a clearer motivations - conquer, destroy, enslave - but, they look like cartoons [They ARE cartoons, Mel!], next to Myrina and Veronica Cale. Comparatively, Cale pales in comparison to Myrina, ..but, if Cale's still in the game...

Guess she's the best we can do.

I know it looks like stalking or bromance, just following Scott around and agreeing, with 99% of whatever he posts. It's not. It might be a little lazy, though.

You make it so easy, Scott. Thanks.

And everyone knows I'm totally down, with the Siggy! It's about damn time, the WW comic - Batwoman, Hawkwoman and Supergirl running around - got ONE action figure, lunchbox and cosplay worthy, costumed male side-character...one, in like eighty years...? Even better, being an Asgardian, he's independent of the Amazons, but can eventually be plugged into into the family, as the first, universally COOL male Wonder (cooler than Ferdinand, Achilles, Pr. Jason, etc). Loving it...want the action figure!

Something else...the CAST! Love that we've got a classic cast again and an editor, in Brittany Holzherr, who has expressed support for having one. I feel so strongly about Etta's and Siggy's presence on this cast, I will dump this comic, for good, if the editors let the next creative team dump them, ignore them or kill them off...totally will. If not for the editorial wastefulness of Robert Kanigher, I think Etta Candy might be as recognizable, as Robin or Alfred, today - BEST everywoman in comics - and I've already shared how I feel about Siggy. So tired of seeing the experimental thing, WW editors extend to one WW writer, after another, ..never requiring them to establish something, as basic as a sustainable, regular supporting cast, recurring characters or rogues gallery.
    Re: ARGUS

Absolutely. ARGUS should become a Wonder thing and an agency for Steve Trevor and other characters to operate in. It can play off of Wonder Woman’s history across mediums as an intelligence officer and secret agent. I know we have Checkmate and the DEO and other government agencies, but I think ARGUS would best suit being in the Wonder world - especially for Steve Trevor. (I’d also retcon Etta to not being an agent and become Diana’s best friend again. That’s not to say that Etta wouldn’t get swept up in Diana and Steve’s adventures, but I’d prefer the triangulation of their POVs with Etta outside of ARGUS.)

ARGUS can one of Diana’s Daily Planets, or Arkham Asylums, or STARLabs, etc. (And yes, I can think of other organizations that should be wonder-centric.)

Re: Myrina Black

I really liked the character and I hope we get to see her again whenever reality gets rebooted again. A meeting between Veronica and Myrina could be very interesting… especially given Godwatch. Hmmm…

It’s odd to me that we’ve never gotten a bigger presence for Queen Clea versus Wonder Woman. There’s a lot to unpack and develop with character. Similar to all the doctors in Wonder Woman lore, she’s got a lot of queens too. There’s a doctors storyline and queens storyline within me, once all the individual characters are introduced.

Doctor Cyber desperately needs to get used again, although I admit I’m less into mind-transferred-to-machine version versus the cyborg version. That’s probably because I have specific stories and themes in mind that I’d like to explore with the latter version.

Re: Siggy

Siggy is fantastic and brings a lot of joy to the book. Steve needs a friend and Steve and Etta need someone around besides Diana who has a different POV for storytelling and drama. We need more supporting characters fleshed out in Wonder world. I’d love to see Achilles Warkiller, Trevor Barnes, Ferdinand, Camille Sly, Rachel Keast and Helena Sandsmark show up again.

And, for the love of Aphrodite, can we please get Myndi and Kevin Mayer back too?

Re: Etta

Could be the greatest, spunkiest, most empathetic everywoman of all time!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Re: ARGUS

Absolutely. ARGUS should become a Wonder thing and an agency for Steve Trevor and other characters to operate in. It can play off of Wonder Woman’s history across mediums as an intelligence officer and secret agent. I know we have Checkmate and the DEO and other government agencies, but I think ARGUS would best suit being in the Wonder world - especially for Steve Trevor. (I’d also retcon Etta to not being an agent and become Diana’s best friend again. That’s not to say that Etta wouldn’t get swept up in Diana and Steve’s adventures, but I’d prefer the triangulation of their POVs with Etta outside of ARGUS.)

ARGUS can one of Diana’s Daily Planets, or Arkham Asylums, or STARLabs, etc. (And yes, I can think of other organizations that should be wonder-centric.)

Re: Myrina Black

I really liked the character and I hope we get to see her again whenever reality gets rebooted again. A meeting between Veronica and Myrina could be very interesting… especially given Godwatch. Hmmm…

It’s odd to me that we’ve never gotten a bigger presence for Queen Clea versus Wonder Woman. There’s a lot to unpack and develop with character. Similar to all the doctors in Wonder Woman lore, she’s got a lot of queens too. There’s a doctors storyline and queens storyline within me, once all the individual characters are introduced.

Doctor Cyber desperately needs to get used again, although I admit I’m less into mind-transferred-to-machine version versus the cyborg version. That’s probably because I have specific stories and themes in mind that I’d like to explore with the latter version.

Re: Siggy

Siggy is fantastic and brings a lot of joy to the book. Steve needs a friend and Steve and Etta need someone around besides Diana who has a different POV for storytelling and drama. We need more supporting characters fleshed out in Wonder world. I’d love to see Achilles Warkiller, Trevor Barnes, Ferdinand, Camille Sly, Rachel Keast and Helena Sandsmark show up again.

And, for the love of Aphrodite, can we please get Myndi and Kevin Mayer back too?

Re: Etta

Could be the greatest, spunkiest, most empathetic everywoman of all time!
    I think I agree completely with everything you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I think I agree completely with everything you just said.
    Well, I'm just a guy agreeing with a bunch of stuff, another guy just said, who just agreed, with me agreeing, with him. Now, I agree with you, OT!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Well, I'm just a guy agreeing with a bunch of stuff, another guy just said, who just agreed, with me agreeing, with him. Now, I agree with you, OT!
    If only we could get DC to agree with us also! lol

Finally a Paquette cover I can like

Written by BECKY CLOONAN, MICHAEL W. CONRAD, and JORDIE BELLAIRE
    Art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO and PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    Variant cover by PAUL POPE
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/9/22
    Villainy Inc. victorious?! With all of Diana’s allies down for the count, it’s up to the Amazon Princess to inspire the good in us all and recruit a new teammate from within the corporation’s ranks to help her save not only her friends but the world from Doctor Cizko’s misogynistic mayhem! All this and the continuing “Adventures of Young Diana”!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Finally a Paquette cover I can like

Now that is a stunning cover even if it's an homage. Great to see Dr. Psycho on another cover. Hopefully Dr. Poison gets some cover time soon.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I loved that tribute cover, shame about the boot.
    I am also delighted with the Tarot theme of the variant, Siggy would be El Loco (The Fool) and the Good Doctor El Mago (The Magician!), it is great and makes sense.
    Anyway, new teammate? Who would it be...
    On the other hand, Sweetheart took Steve out of the game? Poison beat Siggy? And Calculus beat Etta?
    Pure speculation and I need to get into this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I loved that tribute cover, shame about the boot.
    I am also delighted with the Tarot theme of the variant, Siggy would be El Loco (The Fool) and the Good Doctor El Mago (The Magician!), it is great and makes sense.
    Anyway, new teammate? Who would it be...
    On the other hand, Sweetheart took Steve out of the game? Poison beat Siggy? And Calculus beat Etta?
    Pure speculation and I need to get into this game.
    Never understood why every artist feels the need to "put their own spin" on a very classic simple design.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Never understood why every artist feels the need to "put their own spin" on a very classic simple design.
    Since it's Psycho, it's probably because he's just drawing what WW's modern boot is.

It seems to continue this trend of seeing her as more and more warlike. At some point she will be a floating empty suit of armour and weapons. Or a sword with hands, feet, and those crazy anime golfball eyes

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    It seems to continue this trend of seeing her as more and more warlike. At some point she will be a floating empty suit of armour and weapons. Or a sword with hands, feet, and those crazy anime golfball eyes
    I don't understand this reading of the cover that is clearly an homage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I don't understand this reading of the cover that is clearly an homage.
    My comment regards the commentary of the uber clunky rendition of her boot. As iconic as the image is, I am certain the poster knows it's a play on the cover of The Hikky

Does Psycho seem like he's actually enjoying her foot on his face? Oh yeah, he's one of those .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Since it's Psycho, it's probably because he's just drawing what WW's modern boot is.
    That depends on the artist, clearly it's not the boot that neither Emanuela Lupacchino nor Jim Cheung draw recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does Psycho seem like he's actually enjoying her foot on his face? Oh yeah, he's one of those .
    "Harder, Diana"

"What?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    That depends on the artist, clearly it's not the boot that neither Emanuela Lupacchino nor Jim Cheung draw recently.
    Yeah, it's Paquette's interpretation.