Page 95 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3858

Another interview for those interested

- Originally their opening storyline was supposed to be just six issues (with Moore on art on all of them) but the double shipping and to have WW back on Earth by October is what had them extend it.
    - Andy MacDonald will probably be doing more art
    - This next storyline will be much shorter than Afterworlds
    - The Spectre was originally going to be used in Deadman's role.
    - Some parts of the Multiverse they were not allowed to use like Sandman stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I want Steve to be as compelling as Lois Lane and that's a tough nut to crack. At the very least he needs his own stories to flesh him out more and gives him a reason to be by Diana's side despite reboots, rebirths and reimaginings. As demonstrated time and again in multiple media, that's a love that defies even death itself. Making him internalize the power of the ray is a way for that.

And to be honest he needs to be on equal footing with Siegfried.
    Aside from being Superman's love interest, Lois also represents the relentless search for truth and being a normal human being in addition to that makes her a foil for Superman who is a demi god with a secret identity. Steve needs a niche besides being 'hot boyfriend' and generic military dude. What does he represent? You could say he is a guy not intimidated by a powerful woman but what more than that?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Aside from being Superman's love interest, Lois also represents the relentless search for truth and being a normal human being in addition to that makes her a foil for Superman who is a demi god with a secret identity. Steve needs a niche besides being 'hot boyfriend' and generic military dude. What does he represent? You could say he is a guy not intimidated by a powerful woman but what more than that?
    Well, he seems very in touch with his emotions and is a caring, loving, person which I think matches well with Diana and they're both kind of "soldiers" in a quest for good.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

- Originally their opening storyline was supposed to be just six issues (with Moore on art on all of them) but the double shipping and to have WW back on Earth by October is what had them extend it.

Thanks for the recap!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Gosh, now ill be left wondering what they would have done with Sandman stuff...

Yeah Sandman and Wonder Woman should have a much stronger connection than they do. For one thing, I ship Death and Diana, but besides that, the two comics have a very similar view about how desires, virtues and self love have both metaphysical power and physical power on the world.

And the arc was definitely too long to me, but I actually loved the Bat-mite issue and I'm guessing that's one we wouldn't otherwise have, so I'm glad it got extended.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-22-2021 at 05:46 AM.

Look guys, Steve shouldn't have the same significance that Lois Lane has, not even because of who he is as a character, but because Diana should have a love life that isn't so percluded to the two types she keeps hooking up with, the "douche with a heart of gold" and the "pure hearted man of action catalog model".

Trevor Barnes was the most unique out of all her pairings, but I still want Diana to date more weird people. The one good thing I can say about the Kanigher romances is that most of them were freaks, AND THAT'S GREAT!!!!

Clark Kent is the exact type of person that would want a normal life-long relationship and kids, but Diana is much more adventurous and I for one am sick of seeing her having such boring romantic interests.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-22-2021 at 05:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I wonder if one of the reasons the Sandman stuff was off limits was because they might have had to address Fury II's parentage with all of the changes since the New 52. Was Diana her mother? Was it Helena Kosmatos? Joan Dale?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Amazing Member

Thanks for this.
    - So with Andy MacDonald doing more of the art, is there not a regular artist?
    - The Spectre would have been super cool. However, I was excited seeing Deadman featured.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Look guys, Steve shouldn't have the same significance that Lois Lane has, not even because of who he is as a character, but because Diana should have a love life that isn't so percluded to the two types she keeps hooking up with, the "douche with a heart of gold" and the "pure hearted man of action catalog model".

Trevor Barnes was the most unique out of all her pairings, but I still want Diana to date more weird people. The one good thing I can say about the Kanigher romances is that most of them were freaks, AND THAT'S GREAT!!!!

Clark Kent is the exact type of person that would want a normal life-long relationship and kids, but Diana is much more adventurous and I for one am sick of seeing her having such boring romantic interests.
    Before he got to that point, he dated a mermaid so he and Diana really aren't that different. They're pretty much even when it comes to weird love interests in that they both dated Mer people. She only has one more, Bird Boy, but I'm sure someone more well versed in obscure Golden/Silver Age Superman lore can find another weird love interest to match that.

And his marriage with Lois should never be normal considering how bonkers their courtship days were.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I guess ya can't win 'em all...

Great interview otherwise, thanks for the link.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanxs!!

I guess they didn't use The Spectre because he dies at the end of Infinite Frontier #0, but Hera also dies, although later she is quite alive in the Wonder Girl comic.... And Diana brings her back, but supposedly she had been killed by Janus and not by Darkseid. How many Heras are out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas71 View Post
    Thanks for this.
    - So with Andy MacDonald doing more of the art, is there not a regular artist?
    - The Spectre would have been super cool. However, I was excited seeing Deadman featured.
    That's what I assume, I don't think much ongoing books outside of Batman these days have consistent artists.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I guess ya can't win 'em all...

Great interview otherwise, thanks for the link.
    I thought he was good on environments like the Graveyard and Tartarus but yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of his Diana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Thanxs!!

I guess they didn't use The Spectre because he dies at the end of Infinite Frontier #0, but Hera also dies, although later she is quite alive in the Wonder Girl comic.... And Diana brings her back, but supposedly she had been killed by Janus and not by Darkseid. How many Heras are out there?
    Yes, Spectre "dying" at the end of Infinite Frontier is why they couldn't use him. I'm not sure Spectre really suits they're writing style they went for, so I think they lucked out with Deadman.

https://twitter.com/marcio_takara/st...03227498188800

Incredible Member

That's what I assume, I don't think much ongoing books outside of Batman these days have consistent artists.

I thought he was good on environments like the Graveyard and Tartarus but yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of his Diana.

I agree that Andy MacDonald's environments were nice but his Diana was a bit rough. It could be that weird heavily Greek design though, which I can't imagine we'll see again. He has a looser and dynamic style but not sure about his facial work and expressions, which is really where Travis Moore shines (and nipples, can't forget about his illustrious nipples haha).

Marcio Takara is great and he clearly has a fan-on for Diana, which is how it should be with the artists that work on her main book. I'm just disappointed that these editors have been unable to nail a consistent and well-regarded penciller. Artists should be lining up to work with Diana and on her main book, but that never really seems to be the case and the WW book is this editorial ghetto where artists are assigned. At least, pre-Marie Javins. Diana definitely seems like more of a focus of DC's lately but it doesn't seem to extend to finding a consistent penciller for her book :/

[/QUOTE]

Lynda Carter coming through loud and clear in this illustration.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.