Page 23 of 258 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They should use her more often! Now I'm yearning for a Amazon/Valkyrie event, Twilight of the Gods type storyline.
    No. We already have far too many myth focused stories. I want them to explore the other aspects of the character. There are so many elements with potential.

Yes, Gundra would be cool to see. Always thought she could have fit into the "evil counterpart" villain trope DC likes.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Well they want to use the rogues. So at least we'll be seeing some of them.

It'd just be weird to have a creative team for whom the existing rogues gallery has been a source of discussion and planning for them, and then have a Norse arc that doesn't feature the one established character that would seamlessly fit in.

Agreed. It will be a major let down if Gundra doesn't appear in this arc. She's such a natural fit and if they can make room for public domain Thor, they can find some page time for Gundra.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

An appearance by Gundra is really the only thing I'm looking forward to. I was very excited to hear Cloonan & Conrad were taking the reigns until I read they would be continuing the...storyline of Diana being removed and inhabiting the Godsphere. I am a fan of Diana, Wonder Woman the super hero fighting super villains. It feels like we have had ten years of mythological based stories with only very minor skips into super hero-dom. It was one of the things I absolutely loved about Orlando's run. It's not that we can't have aspects...Ferdinand as a regular, visits to Themyscira, an appearance of Aphrodite or Hermes...but I would love to see good ol villains for more than an issue or two. But I also want to see Donna and Cassie on a semi regular basis (really REALLY want to see their origins settled.)
    Hopefully they will surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They really should take this chance to introduce the Valkyrie, Diana can become an honorary one. I know DC focuses on the Amazons, Marvel more on the Norse mythology but DC really should integrate both.
    According to "Odyssey of the Amazons" they already have, Amazons and Valkyrie share a common source.

VALKYRIES.jpg

VALKYRIES 2.jpg

VALKYRIES 3.jpg

Thor also appeared in that story and he was the standard red haired version.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

We don't even know for how long this team will stay. And i don't have much hope in anything related to WW anymore. So i don't know. I guess at least i can hardly be disappointed at this point.

Becky Cloonan & Michael Conrad Discuss Upcoming Wonder Woman Run on The Comic Lounge Youtube Channel

This is what stood out to me: spoilers:

• They are building something up for October to celebrate 80 Years of WW.
    • Wonder Fam will not be there in the beginning. (But we already knew.)
    • New Frontier Wonder Woman is a big inspiration.
    • Thor will not be a superhero. They really want to focus on the mythology.
    end of spoilers

They also speak about their process in general, Midnighter and Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Becky Cloonan & Michael Conrad Discuss Upcoming Wonder Woman Run on The Comic Lounge Youtube Channel

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    As far as NF Wonder Woman, she was takes no prisoners and strong in her ideals, so I wonder how that might translate to the main Wonder Woman.
    end of spoilers

Takes no prisioners? What I remember is she liberating the enslaved women and allowing them to kill the slavers, though not participating in it. Do I think Diana should let them do it? No, but it's not as clean cut as you said, from what I remember

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    As far as NF Wonder Woman, she was takes no prisoners and strong in her ideals, so I wonder how that might translate to the main Wonder Woman.
    end of spoilers
    New Frontier Wonder Woman is one of the only good Elseworld versions of Diana so there's worse stories to pull from.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    New Frontier Wonder Woman is one of the only good Elseworld versions of Diana so there's worse stories to pull from.
    In before we get a "There's the door, spaceman" .

Sounds like Diana is going to be stuck in a T I M E L O O P in Valhalla.

Also they said they were reading a lot of the Golden Age comics. Maybe the return of Villainy Inc. isn't a farfetched idea at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

end of spoilers

I'm about 50 minutes into the interview, and so far, I'm liking Becky a lot more than Michael. She seems to have a lot more enthusiasm, and he keeps interrupting her which is aggravating me. Anyway, they just now really started to get into their Wonder Woman 770 and beyond plans. I'll return once I finish the interview.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I'm about 50 minutes into the interview, and so far, I'm liking Becky a lot more than Michael. She seems to have a lot more enthusiasm, and he keeps interrupting her which is aggravating me. Anyway, they just now really started to get into their Wonder Woman 770 and beyond plans. I'll return once I finish the interview.

I'm not sure where you're getting that Michael is less enthused than Becky. I follow him on Twitter and he seems pretty excited about WW to me. He keeps teasing their plans for the run including wanting to spend some time on the rogues once the Valhalla arc is over.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I think it's just his natural tone, I don't think he's less enthusiastic. He did interrupt Becky one to many times though