Page 247 of 258 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    It's practically a trope for the WW franchise. Also, does anyone else think the stranger is actually Cronus? He knows a lot about the Titans and made some interesting comments about time this issue.
    Maybe but the appearance of Ratatosk makes me think he's a Norse God after all. Maybe Hodr. Whenever we see under his hood, he seems blind and Hodr also uses a bow.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Well. This has been a very boring run. With a very passive, doubtful and weak WW. daddy xeus again is for me, the final nail in the coffin. This tem and gww can take a hike. And i hope they never write WW ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Well. This has been a very boring run. With a very passive, doubtful and weak WW. daddy xeus again is for me, the final nail in the coffin. This tem and gww can take a hike. And i hope they never write WW ever again.
    I don't think that describes her for most of the run, but to each their own.

This whole thing with tying Diana with the lasso of truth and being impossible for her to get out of its grip is...confusing. I could've sworn that the lasso "obeyed" Diana, almost as if was a sentient being. Didn't she control the lasso?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    This whole thing with tying Diana with the lasso of truth and being impossible for her to get out of its grip is...confusing. I could've sworn that the lasso "obeyed" Diana, almost as if was a sentient being. Didn't she control the lasso?
    I can recall that in episodes of The Superfriends, but I don't remember that being the case in the comic books. The most I can remember from the comic books is that at one point, Diana was the only one able to use the lasso--that it was attuned to her. But I don't remember her being able to like "control" it per se.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I remember that being the case on the Super Friends cartoons but not in the comics.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I remember that being the case on the Super Friends cartoons but not in the comics.
    Jinx! You owe me a soda!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    It was the case in Justice League vs. Suicide Squad. Amanda Waller tied Diana up in her own lasso, and Diana couldn't break it unless she would be an indefensible offense to the Gods.

There was also something similar in Superman: Red Son animated film where Diana broke the lasso, and there was some consequence; although, I can't remember what the consequence was.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    It was the case in Justice League vs. Suicide Squad. Amanda Waller tied Diana up in her own lasso, and Diana couldn't break it unless she would be an indefensible offense to the Gods.

There was also something similar in Superman: Red Son animated film where Diana broke the lasso, and there was some consequence; although, I can't remember what the consequence was.

I meant as far as Diana controlling the lasso i.e. making it move on its own. Sorry I wasn't more clear the first time.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that describes her for most of the run, but to each their own.
    I would partly agree, but it somewhat describes her after the Sphere of the Gods.

Mighty Member

It was connected to and a kind of conductor for her soul as it was the golden perfect, but i don't remember her having telepathic control over it or anyhthing like that.

Once that Papi Zeus crap is over, I really enjoyed this number, it seems, and I'm going to be cautious with this, that this event is better handled than TotA, I won't say much more until it's over, because TotA promised a lot and it was a disaster.

I know this is unfair to compare, but I think what I’m missing is the Perez-i-ness of it all and some grandiosity.

The gods should feel BIG. Perez would have had his MC Escher-esque Olympus going on and lots of gods in attendance and in the background making faces that you could gleam from whether or not they were down with Hera’s plan. I’m not who the stranger is, but this would have been a good opportunity to reveal him. I’m not sure Diana wouldn’t demand he reveal himself so she could better assess his threat level. Nice to see Ratatosk again, but I’d rather be go along with Diana for the ride again and reunite with Siggy too.

I think that’s what I’m missing… a grander scale that provides one feeling and also that makes the smaller moments more intimate.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I know this is unfair to compare, but I think what I’m missing is the Perez-i-ness of it all and some grandiosity.

The gods should feel BIG. Perez would have had his MC Escher-esque Olympus going on and lots of gods in attendance and in the background making faces that you could gleam from whether or not they were down with Hera’s plan. I’m not who the stranger is, but this would have been a good opportunity to reveal him. I’m not sure Diana wouldn’t demand he reveal himself so she could better assess his threat level. Nice to see Ratatosk again, but I’d rather be go along with Diana for the ride again and reunite with Siggy too.

I think that’s what I’m missing… a grander scale that provides one feeling and also that makes the smaller moments more intimate.
    I think this is a symptom of something I don't like about the current run - Cloonan and Conrad barely use captions. It's bad enough that it makes Diana feel distant and voiceless, but it also seriously limits the story. The Valhalla arc and Immortal WW actually felt big because Travis Moore and Jen Bartel had the time to really bring it visually, but on a monthly without lead time that doesn't even have a consistent artist, the writer has to work with the reader's imagination to add scale and Cloonan/Conrad just don't do that.

For an example of what I'm talking about, I'm thinking specifically of a fight scene toward the end of Rucka's run. There's a pretty generic superhero battle with some OMAC robots and the artwork is much worse than the standard of the Cloonan/Conrad run, but Rucka made it feel huge just by using internal monolog - she talks about the feeling of her sonic booms, describes hot lava wrapping around her "like a lover," etc.

It's also why Perez's run felt GIGANTIC. It had the double-whammy of incredible hyper-detailed artwork and lengthy, grandiose prose. Same with Historia.

Very glad we're getting a new writer who isn't afraid to be wordy and an artist who really goes big. Really missing that grandeur.

I definitely agree about how the current run lacks the epicness you’d expect from Wonder Woman.

Btw, I’m surprised no one is talking about the short story Travis Moore wrote and drew for DC’s Spring special where he confirmed Siegfried is bi? A former flame from his past shows up and it’s a male winter deity whose name I forgot.
    It got me thinking if DC will ever allow Diana to be in a relationship with a woman in the main continuity’s present day. I think she’s been confirmed as bi but they only show her in relationships with men aside from AU stuff or vague mentions to her past in Paradise Island.