Page 204 of 258 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3858
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I thought the emoji would let you know the post was tongue in cheek.

[QUOTE=Gaius;6196740][/QU!OTE]

This is DELIGHTFUL

No preview for #792? Was it delayed?

Wonder Woman #792 Preview
    Writers: Michael W. Conrad, Becky Cloonan
    Artist: Marguerite Sauvage

That's a big ass tiara worthy of Byrne, it looks better than his though because of the hair, but that star is as big as an apple.

Screenshot_2022-10-09_155140.jpg

One last round with feral Cheetah before she gets her new look.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One last round with feral Cheetah before she gets her new look.
    Tracksuit Cheetah...can't WAIT for that one, right? That'll change everything. LOL

I wish I shared your optimism. I'm not being sarcastic. I really, really do.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Definitely liked 792 overall. Very sad this is Sauvage's last issue, having her on board was a real treat.

* Specific love for the artwork: The page where Diana and Cheetah escape from the facility with the animals is stunning and the colors when Diana flies into space are just unreal.

* I always go back and forth between liking Cloonrad's Diana's temperament and feeling like she's too brutal. I like that she's not sugary sweet and can be cheeky in a way that's reminiscent of her GA personality, but letting a feral Cheetah attack a bunch of regular people was too far (even if she tells her not to kill) and she didn't seem all that broken up about a bunch of people dying when the factory exploded. Not to mention the Esquecida killing a bunch of escaping guards on sight. But then right after that she's back to her calm, spiritual, empathetic self. Gives you whiplash.

* I absolutely love Mena, even from their brief interaction. Possibly my favorite new Amazon we've seen. Hope we see more of her.

* Biiiiig queerbaiting moment when Diana's calming Barbara down out of feral mode. "Let us be united, if only for one night?" Come on now. The Docs with the outfit were just salt in the wound.

* A Holliday Girl! And a potential new love interest for Etta!

* Mixed feelings about Superman showing up. Don't love that they're taking her away from the running plot about the gods just as it's escalating (especially when we're just getting Athleisure Cheetah), but she hasn't had a real physical challenge in a while so maybe this'll be an excuse for some good old-fashioned ass-kicking.

* Very curious to see what just happened in the Young Diana backup. Is it yet another retcon of how/when Diana got her powers (hope not) or is it an addition to the Rebirth origin? Maybe it's the return of n52 Super Saiyan mode?

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    * I always go back and forth between liking Cloonrad's Diana's temperament and feeling like she's too brutal. I like that she's not sugary sweet and can be cheeky in a way that's reminiscent of her GA personality, but letting a feral Cheetah attack a bunch of regular people was too far (even if she tells her not to kill) and she didn't seem all that broken up about a bunch of people dying when the factory exploded. Not to mention the Esquecida killing a bunch of escaping guards on sight. But then right after that she's back to her calm, spiritual, empathetic self. Gives you whiplash.
    I agree completely! Whiplash is the best way to describe it. Diana just feels so inconsistent in her care for human life with this run.

Still, while I think the Feral story is the weakest so far for Cloonrad, it's still good and helped immensely by the art. Sauvage can literally draw anything and it'd be beautiful.

Love Cheetah's new look, but I am a bit worried at her characterization. I definitely see some deviousness in her, but this is Diana's most iconic enemy we're talking about and I hope to god she has a big story coming up. And not Loveless or the Year of the Villain style of big story. Something that really pushes Cheetah to the forefront. It seems like she's going to be taking a backseat for a few stories but maybe 800 will be Cheetah rising to the top of villainy.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It was a decent issue but yeah...Dianas characterization was all over the place.

Cheetah needs to be saved despite all the killing she's done but the red shirts can be killed by Cheetah and the Es-Amazons with Diana not really caring?

Im tired of Diana attempting to save Cheetah. We've been dealing with it since the start of Rebirth.

I'm so tired of this "perpetual victim who needs to be saved" version of Barbara. Can't she just go back to the roots and be an evil schemer who likes stealing stuff from other cultures?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I'm so tired of this "perpetual victim who needs to be saved" version of Barbara. Can't she just go back to the roots and be an evil schemer who likes stealing stuff from other cultures?
    I think that's what we're going to get ultimately. But I agree, I'm tired of the victim Cheetah. She's had her chances at redemption and she's not willing to take them. I'm fine with her being Diana's blindspot that she refuses to give up on, but writers need to remember that Cheetah is a villain at the end of the day.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I noticed a very commercial theme with female characters. How many times have Supergirl or Wonder Woman have to go on story arcs where they find themselves and who they really are and how many times do the female villains have to be "saved"

I'm glad Cheetah finally has her red hair back.

Doubt we're ever getting that Cheetah back. Rucka was really the first person to make her resonate with fans in ages, partially because no one had done anything interesting with her in years and partially because it attracted a lot of shippers.

I think Cheetah always getting badly nerfed exacerbates the problem, and this issue is a particularly big culprit. Granted, she was mind controlled, but it clearly didn't take much effort to contain her - Diana broke her cage like it was made of putty, the guards managed to sedate her with a standard tranq gun, and she was totally immobilized just by getting tied to a tree with the lasso. Pretty much seems like a regular cheetah in terms of strength (with teeth/claws that can somehow break invulnerable skin but not thin metal bars...?). If there's no emotional arc or moral ambiguity, you just have Diana inexplicably letting a cannibalistic murder monster run loose even though she could take her out with a sneeze. Also her being weak enough to get captured by garden-variety mooks just makes it more tempting to make her a victim.

The most realistic alternative I see is her moving into Giganta chaotic neutral territory, which is what the this issue and the redesign look like they're setting up. I just hope they use the opportunity to highlight her other villains.
    Last edited by bardkeep; 10-11-2022 at 12:48 PM.