Page 159 of 258 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Dr Cizko,
    Dr Poison,
    Professor Calculus,
    Sweetheart
    (the wonder woman mirror image)
    and the Twin Shadows: Directors of the Horde

(I think these two are brand new)

It's a bit of a disapointment but oh well
    I'm excited at the potential of a lot of these new villains and Z-listers, but I do wish we either got:

1. A fully male team of meninists who hate women (aka ditch Dr. Poison for someone like Blakfu, Ironsides, or Baron Blitzkrieg), or...

2. A modern rendition of the classic team. Eviless included. With Dr. Psycho's band of Man-ifesters being its own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Do we think that's it for Altuum, though? He seemed to be talking to Chaos or something else, before Diana shows up. And it seems like the thing wanted to possess him and handle things itself, so perhaps this thread isn't as neat tied up as we think? Then again, maybe they should just let it be.
    Maybe we'll see him again in either Artemis' one-shot or the upcoming Nubia series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm excited at the potential of a lot of these new villains and Z-listers, but I do wish we either got:

1. A fully male team of meninists who hate women (aka ditch Dr. Poison for someone like Blakfu, Ironsides, or Baron Blitzkrieg), or...

2. A modern rendition of the classic team. Eviless included. With Dr. Psycho's band of Man-ifesters being its own thing.
    I do feel like a team with Dr. Psycho should be all-men because most women would want nothing to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Bendis's writing can also be described as... less than stellar. He seems to love flooding his books with as many characters as possible, only focus on like 2 of them, have them speak in bad/awkward one liners and interactions, and end the plot before it even begins... if there even is one.

Another reason Hippolyta's death annoys me, she didn't really get to be a character after the relaunch.
    How was Hippolyte's death handled compared to volume 2's Wonder Woman 172?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do feel like a team with Dr. Psycho should be all-men because most women would want nothing to do with him.

I totally agree. Perhaps this version of Dr. Poison doesn't consider themself to be a woman and Sweetheart being a mirror duplicate doesn't really care about gender equality.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I totally agree. Perhaps this version of Dr. Poison doesn't consider themself to be a woman and Sweetheart being a mirror duplicate doesn't really care about gender equality.
    But would that mean Dr. Poison couldn't be a part of an all-female villainy team? I wouldn't really like that. Also, Dr. Poison was Colonel Poison for the all-female, Team Poison. Robinson is the one that gave us a brief panel that showed that Colonel Poison and Dr. Poison are one and the same.

Also, just because Dr. Poison considers themselves gender-neutral doesn't mean Dr. Psycho would consider them gender-neutral. I would imagine Dr. Psycho would still consider Dr. Poison a woman regardless of their gender identity.

Lastly, until we're given more information, I assumed this Dr. Poison is just there to wreak havoc. I doubt they care very much about gender equality, but they just want to create toxins and poisons and chemical warfare that destroys as many lives as possible. That's honestly my favorite characterization of Dr. Poison. Someone who kills for the love of science.

Don't think there's any particular reason to believe the current Dr. Poison is a different person from the character in Rucka's run; same hair style, same eye tattoo.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    But would that mean Dr. Poison couldn't be a part of an all-female villainy team? I wouldn't really like that. Also, Dr. Poison was Colonel Poison for the all-female, Team Poison. Robinson is the one that gave us a brief panel that showed that Colonel Poison and Dr. Poison are one and the same.

Also, just because Dr. Poison considers themselves gender-neutral doesn't mean Dr. Psycho would consider them gender-neutral. I would imagine Dr. Psycho would still consider Dr. Poison a woman regardless of their gender identity.

Lastly, until we're given more information, I assumed this Dr. Poison is just there to wreak havoc. I doubt they care very much about gender equality, but they just want to create toxins and poisons and chemical warfare that destroys as many lives as possible. That's honestly my favorite characterization of Dr. Poison. Someone who kills for the love of science.

Well then, perhaps Dr. Poison has transitioned into a man? I don't know. Hopefully the creative team will give us more clarification on this.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I think it’s just the same Dr. poison in a big ol’ jacket…
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I wouldn’t portray them all as meninists, but in the Rogues Gallery thread I posted that I’d enjoy seeing some of Diana’s adversaries who are men get together to discuss all things Wonder and Amazonian. My picks:

Doctor Psycho
    Image-Maker
    Kung
    Heracles
    Angle Man
    Duke of Deception
    Minister Blizzard
    Gentleman Killer
    Captain Wonder

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Spoil me on the clay part. Did Altuum see Diana's birth?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Spoil me on the clay part. Did Altuum see Diana's birth?
    The line goes "when you were but a lump of clay, I was here..." and that's about it.

There's no reference or indication he actually viewed Diana being created, just a "I'm unfathomably old" kind of quote.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The line goes "when you were but a lump of clay, I was here..." and that's about it.

There's no reference or indication he actually viewed Diana being created, just a "I'm unfathomably old" kind of quote.
    Not even after he gets lassoed and spill his past huh

I think this was my favorite issue of the main title in a long time, or maybe it just seems like a breath of fresh air after the incoherent crossover we just got. I honestly quite like this new status quo of Steve and Etta running Checkmate out of a rented office with strings and duct tape. Cloonan and Conrad are at their best when doing more irreverent, slice-of-life stuff like this and with Batgirls.

Only downside is Etta looking like a Tiktok model, I suppose.

I expected something more from that Altuum conclusion. They should have just squeezed it into TotA.

Dr Psycho continues to be a villain Cloonrad have a lot of fun with, I can't believe he's basically been around for a whole year now pulling his strings. Villainy Inc seems like his act 3.

Antiope's appearance in the Young Diana back-up was also good. It finally feels as if it is tying into the main story.