Page 92 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3858

It's actually pretty revolutionary that Wondy is out here, fooling' around, with guys, who aren't Col. Steve...amazing!

I've had major problems, with the instant, invisible marriage to Steve, that we've all been stuck in, since the Forties, recently. Cloonrad really busted that up, but, it created much needed fresh air and possibilities for all three characters - Diana, Siggy and Steve.

I've often argued that, more than power or status, Steve needs a struggle...a challenge! He is not Lois - practically a superhero, himself - and needs to be in the story, for some other reason, than perpetually getting rescued by Wonder Woman. Having Siggy or an anti-Steve around might force writers to do something interesting with him.

What if Steve was revealed to be a widower, who lost two children in a tragedy, ..just minutes, before his arrival in Paradise Island? What if he was fleeing a sinister, powerful family ..and a Dark destiny, they'd planned for him? What if Steve was a government agent, pretending to be the real Steve, ..who died in the Bermuda Triangle, on the same day fake Steve crashed a jet, near Paradise Island? A good writer could give Steve a challenge or some much needed context, ..against which, his interactions with a rival male could add refreshing uncertainty.

Hope Javins insists on keeping Siggy around!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-15-2021 at 12:23 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

So from what I gather the purple lasso came is a thread of fate made by the Norns, right? How did you guys feels about that?

A few weeks ago I putched that the golden lasso should be Diana's thread of fates from the Moriai, which happens to be what they did with the purple lasso. Now that you've seen it used in a story, do you think it could work with the yellow one?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    So from what I gather the purple lasso came is a thread of fate made by the Norns, right? How did you guys feels about that?

A few weeks ago I putched that the golden lasso should be Diana's thread of fates from the Moriai, which happens to be what they did with the purple lasso. Now that you've seen it used in a story, do you think it could work with the yellow one?
    Wasn’t that the story Becky wrote in Black & Gold?
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wasn’t that the story Becky wrote in Black & Gold?
    Yep, something like that with the Morais and the golden fleece, a nice story.

Becky Cloonan's story has Diana give the Golden Fleece to the Moirai and they turn it into the Lasso of Truth. What I'm saying is that Diana should take her own thread of fate from the Moirai, and that would be the lasso of truth. She would literally take control over her own life away from the gods.

This latest issue of Wonder Woman explores a lot of these themes in a lot of interesting ways to me and shows some of the potential.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-15-2021 at 07:06 AM.

Wait a minute. I saw it, in the Orlando run. I saw this happen...I think? Pretty sure. I thought I saw Diana borrow the PL, from Chinese Wonder-Woman, Peng Deilan!

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-15-2021 at 01:04 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Still confuses me to no end how Diana was able to borrow Pengs gear despite her weapons...Being a part of her?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Wait a minute. I saw it, in the Orlando run. I saw this happen...I think? Pretty sure. I thought I saw Diana borrow the PL, from Chinese Wonder-Woman, Peng Deilan!

Nah it's a different lasso

It's actually pretty revolutionary that Wondy is out here, fooling' around, with guys, who aren't Col. Steve...amazing!

I've had major problems, with the instant, invisible marriage to Steve, that we've all been stuck in, since the Forties, recently. Cloonrad really busted that up, but, it created much needed fresh air and possibilities for all three characters - Diana, Siggy and Steve.

I've often argued that, more than power or status, Steve needs a struggle...a challenge! He is not Lois - practically a superhero, himself - and needs to be in the story, for some other reason, than perpetually getting rescued by Wonder Woman. Having Siggy or an anti-Steve around might force writers to do something interesting with him.

What if Steve was revealed to be a widower, who lost two children in a tragedy, ..just minutes, before his arrival in Paradise Island? What if he was fleeing a sinister, powerful family ..and a Dark destiny, they'd planned for him? What if Steve was a government agent, pretending to be the real Steve, ..who died in the Bermuda Triangle, on the same day fake Steve crashed a jet, near Paradise Island? A good writer could give Steve a challenge or some much needed context, ..against which, his interactions with a rival male could add refreshing uncertainty.

Hope Javins insists on keeping Siggy around!
    Steve wasn't Diana's love interest for nearly four decades.

So...what exactly is this purple lasso that Diana used in the last few WW issues? Is it an extension of the Fates' thread or is it a loan from Peng Deilan?

She found it way back in issue 772 when she was in the home of the Valkyries. There was no explanation for where it came from.

But then in this latest issue we ses that the Norns have the same type of thread and that the reason why this lasso allows you to command others, even to the point of resurrection is because it's a thread of fate. Which I find veey cool.

Nah it's a different lasso
    In Wonder Woman #82, Diana borrowed Deilan's [first name, after last in Chinese custom] lasso, which is purple. At what point, did she...how many Purple Lassoes of Truth are there?

Extraordinary Member

In Wonder Woman #82, Diana borrowed Deilan's [first name, after last in Chinese custom] lasso, which is purple. At what point, did she...how many Purple Lassoes of Truth are there?
    Its not even a lasso of truth is the thing!
    Like, Peng Deilan is a snake from thousands of years ago that cultivated her spirit to the point that she could assume human form. And she became so awesome at this that shes also able to make weapons out of her own body when she transforms. (same logic for how you see animals shapeshift into clothes wearing people)
    Her lasso is literally an extension of herself and moves according to her will because it is literally a part of her body like a snakes tail

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The solicit and Conrad's tweet about an old villain makes me think we will see the Image Maker from this Silver Age issue:

WWImageMaker.jpg