Page 228 of 258 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3858
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Also on instagram Paquette's cover image isn't getting the same reception. It has 2,270 likes with 17 replies, all of them positive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClHcyhyvLKg/?hl=en

The cover is kind of goofy but I've seen much worse on this title in the past(Deodato, Chiang, etc.).

The thing that's eating away at my interest in this run in the continuing focus on the gods. We had them in the initial arc with Odin, Thor, etc. Then we found out that Hera, Demos, and Phobos were behind Villainy Inc. which was a bit of a disappointment as it suggested that Diana's non-godly rogues needed divine intervention to actually challenge Wonder Woman. Now, we're headed towards Eros and another round of Hera. I don't mind occasionally appearances by mythological characters but I feel like we're reaching the tipping point for my interest.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

My main issue with the current use of the Gods is that Hera is the villain. This wouldn't have been a problem pre-Historia, but now it feels like a huge step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    My main issue with the current use of the Gods is that Hera is the villain. This wouldn't have been a problem pre-Historia, but now it feels like a huge step backwards.
    It is it's own thing in fairness.

Though to be honest, even before Historia/New 52 I always thought it was odd Hera (deity of women) was pretty much a footnote in WW history even when Perez expanded it beyond Athena and Aphrodite.

I think I brought this up before but it reminds me of how DC Super Hero Girls made fun of her catchphrase being "Great Hera" when she said she doesn't even like Hera.

She still said it anyways .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    WONDER WOMAN #796
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN, MICHAEL W. CONRAD, and JORDIE BELLAIRE
    Art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN and PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    Variant covers by DERRICK CHEW and DANIEL BAYLISS
    1:25 variant cover by JOE PRADO
    1:50 foil variant cover by YANICK PAQUETTEBlack History Month variant cover by TAJ TENFOLD
    $4.99 | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 2/21/23

Hell hath no fury like a lover scorned! Eros is back and ready to take over Washington, D.C., in Hera’s name. Will Wonder Girl’s ex-boyfriend make things personal as he battles two of the most powerful women in the DCU? Plus, the final chapter of the Adventures of Young Diana!
    Oh no! Eros again?
    Well they gave me what I asked for, I really want to see how they build ties between Diana and Yara, and the dynamic between them. And with that alone they have me hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    WONDER WOMAN #796
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN, MICHAEL W. CONRAD, and JORDIE BELLAIRE
    Art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN and PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    Variant covers by DERRICK CHEW and DANIEL BAYLISS
    1:25 variant cover by JOE PRADO
    1:50 foil variant cover by YANICK PAQUETTEBlack History Month variant cover by TAJ TENFOLD
    $4.99 | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 2/21/23

Hell hath no fury like a lover scorned! Eros is back and ready to take over Washington, D.C., in Hera’s name. Will Wonder Girl’s ex-boyfriend make things personal as he battles two of the most powerful women in the DCU? Plus, the final chapter of the Adventures of Young Diana!
    Will surely miss Young Diana, but looking forward to Cloonrad & Co getting full run of these 22 or so pages! With a CLASSIC cast, the Hamazons packed off to their little Paradise, the Wonder Family face-time and a renewed focus on superheroics, ..let's see what this starship can do!

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-22-2022 at 01:00 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Then two separate times DC says Wonder Woman #797 and #798 will tie into Revenge of the Gods while also "setting up" the Princess of Themyscira and then later Diana Prince's story in Dawn of DC in 2023.

Interesting that DC refers to her as the Princess of Themyscira and Diana Prince instead of Wonder Woman in both of those two sentences. Hmmm...?

Our early read is don't be shocked to see another Wonder Woman (Nubia or Wonder Girl) in Wonder Woman #800 and beyond and Diana in another, different title in 2023, but that's just a pure hypothesis.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/wonder-wo...ce=twitter.com

Yeah I think WW #800 will be the end of the Cloonrad era and DC will put someone else on the book. Might do a big shake up to go with that milestone too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

My ideal plan would be Nubia/Yara taking Wonder Woman's role on 800th (this things are allways temporary) and Cloonrad going with Diana to a second series

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    My ideal plan would be Nubia/Yara taking Wonder Woman's role on 800th (this things are allways temporary) and Cloonrad going with Diana to a second series
    Cloonrad starting their run with Diana “dead”/indisposed as WW and ending it the same way would be an ironic bookends, if also one sure to anger plenty of folks around here
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Usually when a run ends. We get the only positive thing which is thinking, that maybe the next writer will actually be good. But this time around? If gww will be back as the writer of this title. Well, DC has been saving me a lot of money i must say. I haven't supported their crummy WW material in years. They won't get my money, if they only put out trashy content. And i can always count on one of my comic friends to tell me the news.

Daniel Sampere variant

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cloonrad starting their run with Diana “dead”/indisposed as WW and ending it the same way would be an ironic bookends, if also one sure to anger plenty of folks around here
    I just ask for Donna Troy fans to not get angry over the top when the role of Wonder Woman isn't conceded to Donna Troy (again)

So I guess Sampere joins the lists of praised DC artists who draw a WW I don't care for.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I hope Nubia gets to be Wonder Woman, and Yara can keep the Wonder Girl title. If this speculation is accurate, of course. I think DC is investing too much into Yara as Wonder Girl to abandon the title already.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I hope Nubia gets to be Wonder Woman, and Yara can keep the Wonder Girl title. If this speculation is accurate, of course. I think DC is investing too much into Yara as Wonder Girl to abandon the title already.
    Yara is already in the WW and Revenge of the Gods books, I expect if anyone is replacing Diana it will be her. Her peers all have the main mantles so she’s the odd one out.