Page 163 of 258 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3858
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm sorry to be that guy but what is with overcomplicating Diana's boots of late?
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

They are trying to mimic the movie look and giving it their own spin so they can draw in more casual audiences who watched saw her in the movies.

Her movie boots are wedged heels so Gal can look taller next to her co stars. But this is comics, she can just be drawn taller and usually you're encourages to avoid unnecessary details in comic book art.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They are trying to mimic the movie look and giving it their own spin so they can draw in more casual audiences who watched saw her in the movies.

Her movie boots are wedged heels so Gal can look taller next to her co stars. But this is comics, she can just be drawn taller and usually you're encourages to avoid unnecessary details in comic book art.
    Maybe Diana has more that one set of boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas71 View Post
    Maybe Diana has more that one set of boots.
    Going by recent comics she'd have about 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm sorry to be that guy but what is with overcomplicating Diana's boots of late?
    No need to be sorry. A number of us are “that guy” when it comes to those boots. They look like something Iron Man would wear.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    No need to be sorry. A number of us are “that guy” when it comes to those boots. They look like something Iron Man would wear.
    I guess she knocked off his boots. Looks awful.

Artists can't help but try and mess with the costume of late. It's like Superman's cape in the 90s/00s but so much worse. Poor Diana.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I like them when drawn correctly. She started a trend too, armored boots are all the rage.

balenciaga.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Woman #788 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad
    Artist: Emanuela Lupacchino
    Backup Writer: Jordie Bellaire
    Backup Artist: Paulina Ganucheau

Oh dear, I just love Siggy, and Steve ain't been this good since Rucka's run.

Man, I am down for seeing Diana's supporting cast back in focus and a good ol' Dr. Psycho plot.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I am 100% certain that Dr. Poison is behind Milk Extra. Hopefully she appears a lot in the remainder of this issue.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

That was one of the most enjoyable main series Wonder Woman previews I've read in a long time. I'm really excited to read this Tuesday.

So!

spoilers:
    The Duke of Deception is back.
    end of spoilers

I thought that would have the message boards buzzing with excitement given how much I saw people asking for his return.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Another issue to enjoy, a first failed attempt by Villainy Inc. but that puts things in their place.
    Without a doubt, the Good Doctor is an adversary to be feared on all fronts and I like the development that he is having. The brief appearance of one of the Holliday girls and the fact of bringing up Calculus's past at Holiday College fills me with excitement.
    Not to mention the appearance of the Duke and the fact that there are more villains pulling the strings from behind.
    I think the book has the right balance between humor, action, parody and the seriousness that is needed for some topics.
    Speaking of satire, I don't understand the milk company, any reference to current events in the US or am I missing something?
    Really how much we need another book to further develop the Wonderverse, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    So!

spoilers:
    The Duke of Deception is back.
    end of spoilers

I thought that would have the message boards buzzing with excitement given how much I saw people asking for his return.
    I'm a bit surprised at the lack of buzz too. He's one of my favorites so I'm excited to see him.