Page 107 of 258 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3858
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Etta here seems like a combo of her Rebirth self and her Earth One self in terms of personality. It's a mix I really think works.

Psycho and Diana sniping at each other continues to be the best subplot in the run lol. Also, since he's here again already maybe we'll learn who he was on the phone with in this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Etta here seems like a combo of her Rebirth self and her Earth One self in terms of personality. It's a mix I really think works.

Psycho and Diana sniping at each other continues to be the best subplot in the run lol. Also, since he's here again already maybe we'll learn who he was on the phone with in this arc.
    Short of LoWW or Earth One I think that's the only Etta people would want.

I was thinking: Could it be the return of Veronica Cale?
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Rucka's use of him in first run was what sold me on him as a WW villain, so I think it'd be interesting to see Rebirth version of Cale from his second run do something with Pyscho.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Short of LoWW or Earth One I think that's the only Etta people would want.
    Yeah there really is no point to even having Etta be featured if you aren't going to give her the boisterous personality that made her appealing in the first place.

Rucka's Etta was fine, but she along with Poison were really the most underwhelming aspects of an otherwise great run. Thankfully both are easy to steer in other directions without disrupting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Rucka's use of him in first run was what sold me on him as a WW villain, so I think it'd be interesting to see Rebirth version of Cale from his second run do something with Pyscho.
    If there is a just and loving God, it will be Veronica and not Max Lord.

Rucka’s Psycho actually made my skin crawl.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

If there is a just and loving God, it will be Veronica and not Max Lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Yeah, I think Rucka (I could be wrong since I've not read a lot of his earlier appearances) played up the "so he's pretty much a rapist, right?" subtext with Psycho.

Incredible Member

I see Takara's Dr. Psycho taking visual cues from his depiction in Harley Quinn TAS. I like it!

Also, looooove Diana flying in and smashing his car and intimidating him. Also, I like the subtext that Diana is more at home and comfortable with being a superhero and dealing with villains then dealing with her ex :x very relatable there haha.

Same! I recoiled from the page.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I think Rucka (I could be wrong since I've not read a lot of his earlier appearances) played up the "so he's pretty much a rapist, right?" subtext with Psycho.
    The rapist subtext wasn’t there until Perez, I think. I can’t remember if Perez ever hinted at it or just kept Psycho firmly in the “mind-f***” corner. Jimenez sort of up it with Sebastian and Psycho seducing and manipulating Venessa and then Rucka went full on, “he’s a rapist”.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

The rapist subtext wasn’t there until Perez, I think. I can’t remember if Perez ever hinted at it or just kept Psycho firmly in the “mind-f***” corner. Jimenez sort of up it with Sebastian and Psycho seducing and manipulating Venessa and then Rucka went full on, “he’s a rapist”.
    Honestly I just can’t buy him not being that. It’s a minefield to navigate, but Psycho being a rapist just (unfortunately) makes complete sense to me. A hardcore woman-hater that’s depicted as being depraved and utterly amoral with mind control powers? Yeah I can’t see him not abusing those. Can’t be titillating but given Diana is a character built to tackle issues women face, as well as confront the worst of Man’s World, I think that take on Psycho has a place.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Even excluding the post-Crisis versions, Psycho as a rapist seems like an unpleasant but inevitable trajectory for him going all the way back to Marston

The rapist subtext was there in Martson's. Has he forced a woman to marry him. Not only that but The Mask also had an abusive husband and killed him. So it's not like it would not have been that hard to say rape wasn't out of the question

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The rapist subtext was there in Martson's. Has he forced a woman to marry him. Not only that but The Mask also had an abusive husband and killed him. So it's not like it would not have been that hard to say rape wasn't out of the question
    Oddly enough I think the HQ cartoon had him using his powers to make Giganta marry him and have his kid.