Page 116 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2014
  1. #1726
    Mighty Member mystical41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Seems Nubia and the Bana backup are the main ones that are building towards ToA at the moment.

    Not sure on WG, the art’s nice but seems having Jones doing double duty there has been a mistake with the delays. I’ve been meh on Yara, so I had to drop the book.



    Cloonan and Conrad are best new writers on WW since Gail Simone.



    Gail Simone actually made WW bulletproof and can give concrete answers about the character. This team can't because im sure they will have WW getting shot again. Showing poor speed and durability.

  2. #1727
    Extraordinary Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,456

    Default

    I don't understand how "is WW bulletproof or not?" is still a thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    "Everything happened but nothing matters."
    100%

  3. #1728
    Spectacular Member Garrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Since Simone? I liked Azzarello, Rucka and Orlando. They were very good runs

  4. #1729
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    6,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We also had, like, Earth-2 Huntress and Robin if I recall correctly. I don't think it was meant to concretely display continuity.

    True but that was just the most recent example. Scott Snyder & Bryan Hitch also did that story a few years back where Diana was shown active in World War II and inspired Green Lantern(Alan Scott).
    Currently/Soon Reading: Action Comics, Aquaman: The Becoming, AquamEn, Black Manta, DC vs. Vampires, Flash, Human Target, Justice League/Justice League Dark, Justice League Incarnate, Nubia & the Amazons, One Star Squadron, Trial of the Amazons, & Wonder Woman.

  5. #1730
    Astonishing Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Seems Nubia and the Bana backup are the main ones that are building towards ToA at the moment.

    Not sure on WG, the artís nice but seems having Jones doing double duty there has been a mistake with the delays. Iíve been meh on Yara, so I had to drop the book.



    Cloonan and Conrad are best new writers on WW since Gail Simone.
    Okay let's not sit up here and pretend like Gail Simone had some great Wonder Woman run.

  6. #1731
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    6,108

    Default

    Some clarification on the Wonder Woman/JSA connection:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 11-29-2021 at 09:24 AM.

  7. #1732
    Mighty Member mystical41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't understand how "is WW bulletproof or not?" is still a thing.



    100%
    Because that stupid weakness is the reason for a lot of low showings the past years. Orlando and even GWW gave her bulletproof feats. The current team said she is invulnerable too. But now they can't give a direct answer to WW being bulletproof. That makes me fear they will have her dropping from a bullet again. And all the inconsistencies and the WW lowballing will start again. Why can't writers respect her as a proper powerhouse these days is another question.

  8. #1733
    Mighty Member mystical41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...47188603633676

    These answers are not giving me hope. Mark my word. I bet this ''wonderful'' team is going to have Diana getting harmed by a bullet. showing poor speed and of course poor durability. Sigh

  9. #1734
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Because that stupid weakness is the reason for a lot of low showings the past years. Orlando and even GWW gave her bulletproof feats. The current team said she is invulnerable too. But now they can't give a direct answer to WW being bulletproof. That makes me fear they will have her dropping from a bullet again. And all the inconsistencies and the WW lowballing will start again. Why can't writers respect her as a proper powerhouse these days is another question.
    Where have they said she's not bulletproof? Your link in the other post is about whether she debuted during the War on Terror or during WWII. You legit seem traumatized by WW's treatment by other writers and seem to be projecting your fears on the current writers, who, as far as the last issue released, have not given readers a reason to worry about WW or her feats.

    Like, you're dragging Cloonrad for the possibility that they may write her poorly...despite it not happening yet.

  10. #1735
    Mighty Member mystical41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Where have they said she's not bulletproof? Your link in the other post is about whether she debuted during the War on Terror or during WWII. You legit seem traumatized by WW's treatment by other writers and seem to be projecting your fears on the current writers, who, as far as the last issue released, have not given readers a reason to worry about WW or her feats.

    Like, you're dragging Cloonrad for the possibility that they may write her poorly...despite it not happening yet.
    The fact they don't answer directly is a sign that something bad may happen. They said she was invulnerable in the previous arc. But when asked about her being bulletproof they say they will answer in a story. They already answered it by saying she is invulnerable before. If she is invulnerable she is bulletproof. But this new respond makes me think there is something fishy. I expect bad showings soon. Maybe i am being paranoid. But i have my ereasons after so much trash happening to this character.

  11. #1736
    Incredible Member MarquisAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    967

    Default

    They don’t have to answer every question. They can show you in the book. We are lucky we get some answers to our questions. So far they have don’t a great job with Diana. Now only with her but now her entire world.

  12. #1737
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The fact they don't answer directly is a sign that something bad may happen. They said she was invulnerable in the previous arc. But when asked about her being bulletproof they say they will answer in a story. They already answered it by saying she is invulnerable before. If she is invulnerable she is bulletproof. But this new respond makes me think there is something fishy. I expect bad showings soon. Maybe i am being paranoid. But i have my ereasons after so much trash happening to this character.
    This is confusing to me because comic readers, especially since the dawn of the internet and the use of social media to interact with creators, usually complain about writers paying lip-service to a character's portrayal while not putting it on paper. They can say on twitter whatever they want, but what *actually* counts is what makes it to the page. And, so far, it hasn't been addressed on page other than Diana saying she's invulnerable. That's what's on the page. That's what is concrete.

    All Wonder fans have reasons to fear Diana's depictions by any writer at DC. But these writers, most would agree, have done well by her and her world and seem genuinely interested in her and her mythos. Your reaction to their social media posts seems a bit unfair, considering that there's always a possibility something bad may happen because it's comic books.

  13. #1738
    Incredible Member Sebastianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    538

    Default


  14. #1739
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    This is confusing to me because comic readers, especially since the dawn of the internet and the use of social media to interact with creators, usually complain about writers paying lip-service to a character's portrayal while not putting it on paper. They can say on twitter whatever they want, but what *actually* counts is what makes it to the page. And, so far, it hasn't been addressed on page other than Diana saying she's invulnerable. That's what's on the page. That's what is concrete.

    All Wonder fans have reasons to fear Diana's depictions by any writer at DC. But these writers, most would agree, have done well by her and her world and seem genuinely interested in her and her mythos. Your reaction to their social media posts seems a bit unfair, considering that there's always a possibility something bad may happen because it's comic books.
    By them not answering basic questions like what mystical41 has written about, it leaves much to be desired about how they 'really' respect her powerwise within the comic book community.

    If she said she was invulnerable, but they can't answer basic questions on whether she is bulletproof, then there is a logical fallacy there.

    If she does get shot and injured by something like a bullet or similar object, then stating that she is invulnerable makes no absolute sense.

    Given that their first story arc started with an amnesiac, powerless Wonder Woman, this does not instill confidence in me that they can show her to be the powerhouse that she rightfully should be. She needs a major battle, against someone that people would respect and say, 'Wow, so Wondy is that powerful!', but most of her villains don't lend themselves to be epic powerhouses.

  15. #1740
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,084

    Default

    Oh my god, enough about her being bulletproof. We get it, you don't like their answer. Let's move on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •