Page 124 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Robert Kanigher, from 33 to 177

Then George Perez is second, with 61 issues

Since then we haven't had a single author staying for more than three consecutuve years
    Hum, Marston wrote Wonder Woman between 1941 and 1948. He wrote 21 issues of Wonder Woman volume 1, plus almost 82 issues of Sensations Comics starring Wonder Woman. And I think there are a few other comics he wrote featuring her. So Marston wrote way more than George Perez.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Wonder Woman #782 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Marcio Takara
    Backup Writer: Vita Ayala
    Backup Artist: Skylar Patridge
    Nice!!
    So we are fortunate to have the WW serie on time and every month.
    I see that more and more comics are delayed, I still don't quite understand why.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Nice!!
    So we are fortunate to have the WW serie on time and every month.
    I see that more and more comics are delayed, I still don't quite understand why.
    Supply chain issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    F*** Ah well I did like Orlando making him a bisexual man. Just have him stick to being the mlm rep and I guess it might work. Or maybe they’ll retcon him being her brother lol (I don’t expect them to, Jason existing is likely why they didn’t make Nubia her twin again).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Hum, Marston wrote Wonder Woman between 1941 and 1948. He wrote 21 issues of Wonder Woman volume 1, plus almost 82 issues of Sensations Comics starring Wonder Woman. And I think there are a few other comics he wrote featuring her. So Marston wrote way more than George Perez.
    In quantity of issues yes, but in years he was only until 1945. From 1945 to 1948 Marston fell ill, and the comics were written by Joye Hummel (those comics don't even have many bondage lol) The first 11 numbers of Wonder Woman, plus 42 numbers of Sensation Comics are the ones written by Marston himself

Any comic credited on 1946 is tricky, bcs on that point Marston had to go to the hospital. Joye and company based their scripts on notes from Marston, but on 1947 he definetly died and the comics were not his anymore. In fact, Joye Hummel can be put as the second, as she did lots of wondy comics

https://wonder-woman.fandom.com/wiki/Joye_Murchison

i wanna point out that under Kanighter Wonder Woman would also go several months between issues so in terms of quantity of issues his run is probably smaller than one might expect.

Focusing more on this creative run though, reading the preview for the upcoming issue, I see they trimmed down Image-Makers abilities a bit. Though given how his powers worked back in the silver age, it might just be that its limited outside of the mirror realm.

Liking where this run is going. From the comment by Conrad, I suspect that the Holliday girls we saw teased at the beginning of this current arc wont be getting a proper introduction until after Trial of the Amazons. Which is honestly fine by me as Id rather see them get focus and not get bushed aside for an event just three months away.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    i wanna point out that under Kanighter Wonder Woman would also go several months between issues so in terms of quantity of issues his run is probably smaller than one might expect.

Focusing more on this creative run though, reading the preview for the upcoming issue, I see they trimmed down Image-Makers abilities a bit. Though given how his powers worked back in the silver age, it might just be that its limited outside of the mirror realm.

Liking where this run is going. From the comment by Conrad, I suspect that the Holliday girls we saw teased at the beginning of this current arc wont be getting a proper introduction until after Trial of the Amazons. Which is honestly fine by me as Id rather see them get focus and not get bushed aside for an event just three months away.
    They said in an interview from a bit back they do have plans for the revamped HG but yes, I assume they'll have another cameo appearance but probably nothing substantial until after ToA. Probably related to that stuff in that tweet Hypo posted.

Look, I would love for the Holliday Girls to be brought back. Amy Reeder is the perfect writer for those characters. If Cloonrad really want to unleash their full potential then please go all out. They aren't just a fan club, they have to be adventurers willing to change the world. What if there was an international organization of women trying to recreate the amazonian lifestyle in our world? Show us an abandoned college campus now being used as an alternative society, which also happens to be the headquarters of a spy organization. Make it bombastic!

I rather enjoyed todays issue. Set up the threat that Image-Maker possesses, teased things with Siggy, and its building up to an encounter between Diana and Steve that I hope has a good payoff.
    Also the things teased in the Bana backup really make me curious to see what we will be getting because if Medusa isn't the only one out on the loose....

Deadman is such a great companion to Wonder Woman. I still remember thinking about how much I wanted to see her interact with them, and one week later he appeared on Asgard with Diana. I hope he sticks around for the next few years. I wonder if we're gonna get to see Diana interact with Rama Kushna one of these issues. There are a lot more important stuff to explore, but it could still be fun to see Diana meet the hindu goddess that Deadman serves.

I'm not loving this awkward silly angst between Steve and Diana. It's just dragging down the fun of the story. Steve and Etta just aren't fun or compelling in their current state. I get why Cloonrad are investing time into them, I appreciate their intention, but the Rebirth version of Etta is pointless as a character, and Steve doesn't really have anything to do anymore. Of course I want the Holliday Girls and GA Etta Candy (white Lizzo) back, but it's better for them to stick with the unique parts of their run that already had plenty of success, rather than force these two characters in a tonally contrived manner.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Deadman is such a great companion to Wonder Woman. I still remember thinking about how much I wanted to see her interact with them, and one week later he appeared on Asgard with Diana. I hope he sticks around for the next few years. I wonder if we're gonna get to see Diana interact with Rama Kushna one of these issues. There are a lot more important stuff to explore, but it could still be fun to see Diana meet the hindu goddess that Deadman serves.

I'm not loving this awkward silly angst between Steve and Diana. It's just dragging down the fun of the story. Steve and Etta just aren't fun or compelling in their current state. I get why Cloonrad are investing time into them, I appreciate their intention, but the Rebirth version of Etta is pointless as a character, and Steve doesn't really have anything to do anymore. Of course I want the Holliday Girls and GA Etta Candy (white Lizzo) back, but it's better for them to stick with the unique parts of their run that already had plenty of success, rather than force these two characters in a tonally contrived manner.

White Lizzo..........lol.......that's totally accurate IMO. All the rumors are true...........
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I'm not exactly a Deadman aficionado or anything, but am I the only one finding this whole thing with him randomly hijacking some dead guy's body without his consent, riding it around for poops and giggles, and then dumping it in the ocean...pretty gross? I mean, if it was a life and death situation then sure, you take the body that you can get, but like...this level of casual disrespect for someone's corpse feels like the sort of thing that a lot of people should have a problem with, much less Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    I'm not exactly a Deadman aficionado or anything, but am I the only one finding this whole thing with him randomly hijacking some dead guy's body without his consent, riding it around for poops and giggles, and then dumping it in the ocean...pretty gross? I mean, if it was a life and death situation then sure, you take the body that you can get, but like...this level of casual disrespect for someone's corpse feels like the sort of thing that a lot of people should have a problem with, much less Diana.
    Well he's dead, I doubt he can give his consent.
    It's funny because if he possessed a living person, we would hear the complaint regarding consent.
    I also believe that this twist to the power of Deadman has to do with that, with the fact of not possessing the body of a living being without his consent, which is what the character always did.
    Last edited by Sebastianne; 12-15-2021 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    I think he mentioned last issue that he's possessing the body of someone without friends and family. He mentioned something about nobody even noticing the dude is dead until the body starts to smell and his neighbors come asking questions. Plus, he said he tries to give them a proper memorial most of the time.

I'm loving this

I think he mentioned last issue that he's possessing the body of someone without friends and family. He mentioned something about nobody even noticing the dude is dead until the body starts to smell and his neighbors come asking questions. Plus, he said he tries to give them a proper memorial most of the time.

I'm loving this
    I love that about this creative team, they are very conscientious and try to give an answer to everything, I really enjoy the different layers that they handle in their speech. Good for them!