Page 13 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's great, but it feels like we have writers who want to use Donna but aren't allowed to use her.
    In 2020, we need to rephrase the question to "do you have any plans for Donna Troy that aren't a retcon to her origin?"

But I really hope they get to include Donna regardless.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The pattern of the Superman and Batman titles getting a similar double page spread for the March relaunch that indicate things to come leads me to believe the one we have for Wonder Woman is indeed what we will be getting in future storylines from this team.

Which means more Max Lord and Liar Liar unfortunately, but also Donna, Cassie, Artemis, Nubia, Cheetah, Giganta, Circe, Psycho and the Swan, so that's almost a fair tradeoff.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The pattern of the Superman and Batman titles getting a similar double page spread for the March relaunch that indicate things to come leads me to believe the one we have for Wonder Woman is indeed what we will be getting in future storylines from this team.

Which means more Max Lord and Liar Liar unfortunately, but also Donna, Cassie, Artemis, Nubia, Cheetah, Giganta, Circe, Psycho and the Swan, so that's almost a fair tradeoff.
    How do we know lord and liar will be used by the new team? They aren't obligated to use them or are they?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    How do we know lord and liar will be used by the new team? They aren't obligated to use them or are they?
    It's just a guess, but the new Batman and Superman teams got similar cast images of stuff to come in the new era, so it stands to reason this is the same for Wonder Woman.

Infinite Legends - Wonder Woman
    Infinite Mysteries - Batman
    Infinite (ugh) Hope- Superman

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I mean, just because we don’t want Max in a WW book doesn’t mean all writers or DC don’t.

Seems likely. Would be nice seeing the greater Wonder family in use.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I mean, just because we don’t want Max in a WW book doesn’t mean all writers or DC don’t.
    If they could bring him more in line with his movie version, he might be more tolerable

We know Psycho is showing up in Sensational at least.

I haven’t read the current run, so I don’t have an opinion on the use of Max Lord and Liar Liar, but I will say this: In the big scheme of things, continuity between runs is usually a plus. So if the new team is going to pick up some existing threads, I wouldn’t knock it. New rogues become great rogues through repeated use and development.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

If they could bring him more in line with his movie version, he might be more tolerable
    Yes, sadly Comic Max can’t be played by Pascal.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I haven’t read the current run, so I don’t have an opinion on the use of Max Lord and Liar Liar, but I will say this: In the big scheme of things, continuity between runs is usually a plus. So if the new team is going to pick up some existing threads, I wouldn’t knock it. New rogues become great rogues through repeated use and development.
    Agreed! I have high hopes for Maxwell Lord, and I hope this new team can cement him as a great Wonder rogue, which he is already on the path of becoming. I'd rather Liar Liar be a Wonder Girl villain.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Agreed! I have high hopes for Maxwell Lord, and I hope this new team can cement him as a great Wonder rogue, which he is already on the path of becoming. I'd rather Liar Liar be a Wonder Girl villain.

Max Lord is a great character, however, he doesn't add much as a Wonder-rogue that Dr. Psycho and the Duke of Deception don't already bring to the table. I would rather creators focus on the latter two and elevate them instead of Max.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Max Lord is a great character, however, he doesn't add much as a Wonder-rogue that Dr. Psycho and the Duke of Deception don't already bring to the table. I would rather creators focus on the latter two and elevate them instead of Max.
    I’ve thought about how Lord’s bag of tricks are like Dr. Psycho’s. If DC is going to keep him in the Wonderverse they definitely need to differentiate him from Psycho. I wouldn’t be happy with Psycho falling by the wayside because Max is around.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Doctor Psycho is a better character

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I’ve thought about how Lord’s bag of tricks are like Dr. Psycho’s. If DC is going to keep him in the Wonderverse they definitely need to differentiate him from Psycho. I wouldn’t be happy with Psycho falling by the wayside because Max is around.
    I already see them as differentiated. Duke of Deception should be a reality warper and on the level of Circe and Ares as being a major, world danger level threat. Dr. Psycho should be a full out telepath and his powers should have high-level range whose target is primarily women. Maxwell Lord should not be a metamorph - if he must he should only be able to compel people to do things and not be a telepath - and his purpose should be the limits to which he pushes Diana's compassion for man. Can all men be redeemed? And Maxwell's purpose should be to show Diana that the answer may just be no.

All three can be a part of the Wonder mythos as all three can have different abilities and different relationships with Diana.