Page 132 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3858

The only reason I even voiced it is because this collection of clues really makes it hard to pinpoint a specific identity.
    Heck, the fact that this story heavily features Deadman means this is a creative team who isn't hesitant to make use of characters outside the Wonder family.

With the snake iconography unaccounted for, I wonder if Medusa is gonna form her own tribe of amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Nice variant WW #785

Great art. Is Artemis a wolf? Hm I wouldn’t have chosen that animal for her.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Nice variant WW #785

Good cover.

Though as usual... Donna and Cassie are absent. I thought a wolf would be more fitting for Donna and Cassie a sparrow. Artemis would be like a honey badger lol. And I still would prefer Nubia to have a Dragon, like her original emblem kind of looked like one, idk.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I like lion representing Nubia but not really for Themyscira.

I'd have gone for creature from Egyptian mythology for Artemis.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Good cover.

Though as usual... Donna and Cassie are absent. I thought a wolf would be more fitting for Donna and Cassie a sparrow. Artemis would be like a honey badger lol. And I still would prefer Nubia to have a Dragon, like her original emblem kind of looked like one, idk.
    While I agree, these are just to represent each of the different tribes and Diana is unique to the eagle.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    While I agree, these are just to represent each of the different tribes and Diana is unique to the eagle.
    The eagle thing hits on the eagle motif often incorporated into her bodice. Also, relevant that it's the only one of these animals that flies (though Diana isn't the only one that can fly amongst the Amazons, but I think it's more of a symbolic meaning). Although...I think the eagle is an emblem of Zeus, as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    The eagle thing hits on the eagle motif often incorporated into her bodice. Also, relevant that it's the only one of these animals that flies (though Diana isn't the only one that can fly amongst the Amazons, but I think it's more of a symbolic meaning). Although...I think the eagle is an emblem of Zeus, as well...
    Who else was shown to fly? Other than Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Cassie and Artemis in WG and Hippolyta in JL.

Nubia should be able to fly, Yara was flying in future state from my recollection. I guess Artemis is she puts on the sandals of Hermes?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Incredible Member

I was mostly referring to Donna and Cassie, but Artemis flew in WG and Hippolyta in JL (but yanno, Bendis).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Cassie and Artemis in WG and Hippolyta in JL.
    Artemis shouldn’t be able to fly. Cassie is a demigoddess so that’s her reason. Hippolyta shouldn’t be able to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Nubia should be able to fly, Yara was flying in future state from my recollection. I guess Artemis is she puts on the sandals of Hermes?
    Yara didn’t fly in her book. She flew in JL but wasn’t suppose to. That’s why she have Jerry. The writers obviously don’t communicate with abilities

Artemis shouldn’t be able to fly. Cassie is a demigoddess so that’s her reason. Hippolyta shouldn’t be able to fly.
    Artemis is a particularly annoying case right now as the most recent backup said Bana Amazons don't have the abilities Themyscirans do but she was shown flying in WG and duked it out with Bizzaro in RHATO.

Maybe she gets granted abilities via Egyptian Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Artemis is a particularly annoying case right now as the most recent backup said Bana Amazons don't have the abilities Themyscirans do but she was shown flying in WG and duked it out with Bizzaro in RHATO.

Maybe she gets granted abilities via Egyptian Gods.
    I pretty much followed the RHATO series and she didn’t really fly. She jumped high and was shown super strength but never flew. I don’t know what Joelle’s reason.