Page 135 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3858
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Holding back doesn't explain why her hand didn't shatter when she tried to punch Bizarro.
    That doesn't put her stats on par with WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm not sure how Artemis could be at Diana/Donna/Cassie/Yara's level when unlike them, she doesn't have any godly gifts. Sure, she's an Amazon who is significantly stronger than a normal human but I struggle to understand how that would put her in the same league as someone with Olympian gifts. Now if Artemis is wearing the Gauntlet of Atlas, that's a different story.
    This. Artemis is popular but that doesn't mean she's on par with someone with Godblessings like Diana and Nubia let alone Donna or Cassie.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I feel like Yara would be after Nubia
    Yara hasn't demonstrated anything to put her on Donna's level, let alone Cassie or Hippolyta.

Did the writers provide any explanation as to how Deadman is able to touch and is visible to mortals when he is in his ghost form?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    My personal head cannon: Diana = Nubia > Donna > Hippolyta > Cassie = Yara > Artemis (other important amazons) > background amazons

Artemis can put Yara and Cassie on their butts in H2H but I don't think she's stronger/more powerful tbh.
    Why would Diana be on the level of Nubia? If we take the daddy Zeus origin which has as of yet to be discounted, then Nubia wouldn't even come close to Diana's powers. Unless daddy Zeus impregnated another amazon to get Nubia with similar results.

If we take the Perez origin, are we saying that Nubia got the same gifts from the gods that Diana did? Also, not sure what changed with the rebirth origin since DC has been very vague to give us a definitive origin on Diana. Clay or does she have a dad? Cloonrad, the favorite amongst many here, hasn't stated her origin yet, have they?

Also, I find it funny that we are talking about the various powers and power levels that all these amazons are at, but many here have argued that it doesn't matter, story is the only thing that matters! If she can't fly, who cares, story dammit. If she is only street level, who cares, story again. So what is it, do we want our Diana to be superpowerful, or spidey level because writers can't write her well unless she is weak (relatively speaking).

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Why would Diana be on the level of Nubia? If we take the daddy Zeus origin which has as of yet to be discounted, then Nubia wouldn't even come close to Diana's powers. Unless daddy Zeus impregnated another amazon to get Nubia with similar results.

If we take the Perez origin, are we saying that Nubia got the same gifts from the gods that Diana did? Also, not sure what changed with the rebirth origin since DC has been very vague to give us a definitive origin on Diana. Clay or does she have a dad? Cloonrad, the favorite amongst many here, hasn't stated her origin yet, have they?

Also, I find it funny that we are talking about the various powers and power levels that all these amazons are at, but many here have argued that it doesn't matter, story is the only thing that matters! If she can't fly, who cares, story dammit. If she is only street level, who cares, story again. So what is it, do we want our Diana to be superpowerful, or spidey level because writers can't write her well unless she is weak (relatively speaking).
    My head canon is that Nubia has the same blessings as Diana but for a different reason, that being guarding Dooms Doorway. You have to be on a god's level to fight creatures created by gods. Which is where I think this trial of the amazons is going too.

I would LIKE it if Nubia had been sculpted from clay at the same time as Diana and we had the whole kidnapping and reunion story arch but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I love Takara’s art, I hope she’s sticking with the book for a while.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I love Takara’s art, I hope she’s sticking with the book for a while.
    I didn't know Takara was female...but agreed .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't know Takara was female...but agreed .
    He isn’t that was just a typo on my end lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He isn’t that was just a typo on my end lol
    Oh okay .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yeah. Although I do like Travis Moore (who was well suited for the earlier arcs), I'm liking Takara more on this run.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 01-31-2022 at 06:25 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Yeah. Although I do like Travis Moore (who was well suited for the earlier arcs), I'm liking Takara more on this run.
    He brings a sort of horror element to the book that elevates the scares and the stakes.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Woman #784 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michawl W. Conrad
    Artist: Marcio Takara
    Backup Writer: Vita Ayala
    Backup Artist: Skylar Patridge

Nice! I thought it was delayed until next week