Page 14 of 258 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Solicits leaked early: http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...18&postcount=1

Wonder Woman #770
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN and MICHAEL W. CONRAD
    Art and cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    Back-up story written by JORDIE BELLAIRE
    Back-up art by PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    Wraparound variant cover by TRAVIS MOORE

What. Is. Happening?! Wonder Woman just woke up in the middle of battle, with rampaging hordes of mythological beasts bearing down on her! Not even the Princess of the Amazons can survive such an assault, but that's okay--it's just another day in Valhalla! The warriors here spend their days fighting and their nights drinking--and if they die in combat they'll be resurrected in time for the party. Strange, though, that no one seems surprised to see Wonder Woman in this crowd. It's up to Diana to find out why things are going wrong in the Sphere of the Gods--and whether it has anything to do with what landed her in the Norse afterlife.

In the backup story, the world may know her as Wonder Woman, but once upon a time she was just Diana of Themyscira, a young girl struggling through adolescence on the shores of a mysterious island. Brought to you by Eisner Award winner Jordie Bellaire and fan-favorite artist Paul Ganucheau, this new backup story will present an intimate look into the princess's upbringing and the hidden secrets of her past.

40 pages, $4.99, available on March 9.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I already see them as differentiated. Duke of Deception should be a reality warper and on the level of Circe and Ares as being a major, world danger level threat. Dr. Psycho should be a full out telepath and his powers should have high-level range whose target is primarily women. Maxwell Lord should not be a metamorph - if he must he should only be able to compel people to do things and not be a telepath - and his purpose should be the limits to which he pushes Diana's compassion for man. Can all men be redeemed? And Maxwell's purpose should be to show Diana that the answer may just be no.

All three can be a part of the Wonder mythos as all three can have different abilities and different relationships with Diana.
    So, let me see if I understand your terminology:

Max can make people do things they wouldn’t ordinarily do.
    Psycho can read minds and make people see things that aren’t there.
    The Duke can actually change his form and reality.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im surprised that they've never really done anything with the Valkyrie, this would be the perfect time to introduce them in the DC universe and tie into Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im surprised that they've never really done anything with the Valkyrie, this would be the perfect time to introduce them in the DC universe and tie into Diana.
    Were they villains in Odyssey of the Amazons?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    So, let me see if I understand your terminology:

Max can make people do things they wouldn’t ordinarily do.
    Psycho can read minds and make people see things that aren’t there.
    The Duke can actually change his form and reality.
    Pretty much. Though I like Max as a regular man and not a metahuman. I also would make it that Max has a very limited range with his ability and a limited amount of time he could compel someone to do something; whereas, Dr.Psycho had a more Professor X range with his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Pretty much. Though I like Max as a regular man and not a metahuman. I also would make it that Max has a very limited range with his ability and a limited amount of time he could compel someone to do something; whereas, Dr.Psycho had a more Professor X range with his abilities.
    But couldn’t he be a good telepath? I’m sure there’s ways for them to show a difference in powers vs psycho? Use the X-men for an example. You see the telepath use they’re powers differently.

Max Lord is lame and should go bother some JLI character.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Hmm, wonder if this backup will be done-in-one or ongoing also.

Extraordinary Member

Cloonan, Conard, Jones and Martinez will be doing a WW story in the Infinite Frontier one-shot:

THR: 'Infinite Frontier' Launches Next Era of the DC Universe
    Then there's a story with Wonder Woman that has Nubia and [new character from Future State] Yara Flor, being done by Becky [Cloonan] and Michael Conrad and Joelle [Jones] and Alitha Martinez.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Max Lord is lame and should go bother some JLI character.

Really? LOL
    To completely discard a character who’s playing a pivotal role in a well-received movie feels like cutting off one’s nose to spite one’s face.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They are tied to Diana, the Amazons and Valkyries somehow stem from the same source.

Really? LOL
    To completely discard a character who’s playing a pivotal role in a well-received movie feels like cutting off one’s nose to spite one’s face.
    I mean, not like we got a plethora of Ares or Dr. Poison stories after the first movie.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Really? LOL
    I mean, not like we got a plethora of Ares or Dr. Poison stories after the first movie.
    It would be JUST like DC for movie synergy to kick in by cramming Max down our throats but ignore Dr. Poison and Fausta despite being in the first movie.

I think the movie helps in that the version Pascal is playing is kind of "Max in name only", so getting more comic book Max when he sucks isn't going to re-capture whatever positives the movie version is bringing. And honestly, Pascal's character could probably have been named "Sebastian Ballesteros" and I don't think the plot would change. And at least he'd be an actual WW character, complete with a tie to the Cheetah!

I'm still waiting for Fausta Grables to return since she was in the first film.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It would be JUST like DC for movie synergy to kick in by cramming Max down our throats but ignore Dr. Poison and Fausta despite being in the first movie.

I think the movie helps in that the version Pascal is playing is kind of "Max in name only", so getting more comic book Max when he sucks isn't going to re-capture whatever positives the movie version is bringing. And honestly, Pascal's character could probably have been named "Sebastian Ballesteros" and I don't think the plot would change. And at least he'd be an actual WW character, complete with a tie to the Cheetah!
    I thought this also when I read through the Jimenez omnibus earlier this year, I'd hate to lose Pascal but could even flip the gender make it Cale to still go for the "Shady CEO with ties to Cheetah".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm still waiting for Fausta Grables to return since she was in the first film.
    Me too, that was one of my favorite easter eggs from the film.

I don’t even recall Fausta being in the first movie! (But then I didn’t enjoy it as much as most viewers. I’ve softened toward it a bit in the meantime and I plan to give it a rewatch before seeing the sequel.)