Page 144 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I was checking that, it would be something like Batman Urban Legends? how lucky is He with all those series where they develop more about his universe, I want even one like that for WW.
    not exactly like Urban Legends? Basically it would have a singular master plotline which one author controlled and all of the writers would be collaborating as they weave B and C and D plots in and out of the story, weaving all of the threads together as part of a larger narrative with the events of the adjoining plots turning out to be pivitol elements to the central story

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    not exactly like Urban Legends? Basically it would have a singular master plotline which one author controlled and all of the writers would be collaborating as they weave B and C and D plots in and out of the story, weaving all of the threads together as part of a larger narrative with the events of the adjoining plots turning out to be pivitol elements to the central story
    My god, coordination among the DC editors! Never will happen. They couldn't even get Yara Flor on time and cut her series short and they were trying to make her the next big thing in the Wonder Verse.

oh no, not editors, writers.
    This is something even the Batbooks wouldn't have been able to pull off except they were all under a singular editor who was letting the writers just colab and working out a 'who does what when' plan

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    oh no, not editors, writers.
    This is something even the Batbooks wouldn't have been able to pull off except they were all under a singular editor who was letting the writers just colab and working out a 'who does what when' plan
    The editors are the ones that have to coordinate the writers together.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Nah, it was pretty naff and didn't know what it wanted to be thanks to those ridiculous "Year of the Villain" tie-ins, and it was doomed as a story because Selina had to tie back into whatever King was doing. Trying to launch a book right after the Bat-Wedding soured everybody on Selina wasn't the wisest choice. Ram V's run was when the book arguably bounced back, because at least by then Selina was closer to home and was only on a 'break' from Bruce, so it was easier to follow her story without being mad at her.
    I don't read Batman so their relationship or lack thereof wasn't a factor for me. I just enjoyed the stroylines, glamourous art, zombies and Raina Creel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I don't like her outfit, periodt.
    That says more about your taste level than the outfit. The outfit is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That says more about your taste level than the outfit. The outfit is great!
    Yeah I would have ti agree with Koriand'r. Yara's outfit is fire. That's why there is so much cosplay without her ever being in a game or show or movie.

Well, for my part, I love Yara. I find hard to hate a character that has been alive only for one year

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I like Yara but I think it's way too soon for her to take over as Wonder Woman. It would be a slap in the face to Donna, Cassie, & Artemis to have Yara take over the role when they've been waiting decades before her(in real time).
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

I think Yara's okay but I think she's way too new and disconnected to justify calling herself Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I like Yara but I think it's way too soon for her to take over as Wonder Woman. It would be a slap in the face to Donna, Cassie, & Artemis to have Yara take over the role when they've been waiting decades before her(in real time).
    I understand that sentimate, I really do, but Donna, Cassie and arguably Artemis aren't bringing anything new to the table that we don't already get from Diana. With Yara we get a window into a different culture, a new locale and different gods. Also the others have all had their own mini-series that didn't exactly set the world on fire, so it makes sense they'd try again with someone brand new.

Besides there's no way they'd replace Diana with Yara Flor. The death of the Justice League takes place in the future and won't effect the current WW title, what's going to do that is Trial of the Amazons and I'm sure Diana is safe.

Extraordinary Member

I understand that sentimate, I really do, but Donna, Cassie and arguably Artemis aren't bringing anything new to the table that we don't already get from Diana. With Yara we get a window into a different culture, a new locale and different gods. Also the others have all had their own mini-series that didn't exactly set the world on fire, so it makes sense they'd try again with someone brand new.
    I agree. I mean, I love Donna and Cassie as much as the next guy (in fact, I get really disappointed when they're not used more in WW), but until a writer comes along with a truly unique perspective that will really leave an impression in the WW universe, there's no reason not to introduce new characters to shake things up a bit.

Unless people don't like things shaken up. Which is what I suspect is the preference of many here.

Besides there's no way they'd replace Diana with Yara Flor. The death of the Justice League takes place in the future and won't effect the current WW title, what's going to do that is Trial of the Amazons and I'm sure Diana is safe.
    I mean, and she also has another movie coming out sooner than probably later, so probably. People seemed to be getting into a tizzy/panic over nothing (but then again, this is comics so I guess that isn't entirely surprising).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I don't like Yara and wouldn't read a book where she's Wonder Woman, or the main character, but this is a mentality I don't understand. Fictional characters cannot "wait" or "put in the work" for anything.

How much have they really leaned into that though? From what I hear in her mini she's mostly still interacting with the Greek Gods.

From my perspective the biggest difference between her and Diana is she's younger, feistier, and she didn't grow up in Themyscira.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How much have they really leaned into that though? From what I hear in her mini she's mostly still interacting with the Greek Gods.

From my perspective the biggest difference between her and Diana is she's younger, feistier, and she didn't grow up in Themyscira.
    They haven't leaned into it at all. We've barely seen anything of the actual Esquecida and the only times we got a look at Akahim it was incredibly brief.

The biggest criticism about Yara, especially from readers that are meant to be from her culture, is that she was promised to be a Brazilian Wonder Woman and she's very much not that. Apart from being born in Akahim, she's not even Brazilian: she was raised in freakin' Idaho.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey