Page 147 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    WW 788
    Amazing cover

Reminds me of the Mod era, glad the classic supporting cast core is all together again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I love the cover and his interpretations of Diana's modified costume apart from the very ugly boots. The gold in the corset works very well.

Oooh Steve Trevor got some hair on his chest, Siggy better watch out.

Etta...could use more of an imagination.
    Etta is the one big miss by Rucka, still not really a fan of Etta being a spy or a soldier. But I’m glad she’s in the center of things at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Etta is the one big miss by Rucka, still not really a fan of Etta being a spy or a soldier. But I’m glad she’s in the center of things at least.
    Yeah it's the strangest thing to me. Etta is fairly easy to racebend and stay faithful to her characterization but you can tell that no black women have been that involved with her or lesbian writers. Etta should be pulling out so many different looks everytime we see her, she should have an entire IG dedicated to all of her looks lol.

Yeah it's the strangest thing to me. Etta is fairly easy to racebend and stay faithful to her characterization but you can tell that no black women have been that involved with her or lesbian writers. Etta should be pulling out so many different looks everytime we see her, she should have an entire IG dedicated to all of her looks lol.
    Etta should basically be her Earth One version, but black, in my opinion.

Spectacular Member

Not a fan of this (new?) costume. WTH is up with the boots? I miss the days when Diana looked like a friggin’ super hero before somebody decided perpetual armor plating was a good (cool?) look. I’ve enjoyed a lot of the stories, but dammit I miss the classic costume. Red boots up to the knee with the white stripe!

I think the boots could use a little less gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Etta should basically be her Earth One version, but black, in my opinion.
    LoWW, preferably.

I didn't really care for EO Etta.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    LoWW, preferably.

I didn't really care for EO Etta.
    LoWW Etta was awesome too .

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    Not a fan of this (new?) costume. WTH is up with the boots? I miss the days when Diana looked like a friggin’ super hero before somebody decided perpetual armor plating was a good (cool?) look. I’ve enjoyed a lot of the stories, but dammit I miss the classic costume. Red boots up to the knee with the white stripe!
    How does she look like any less of a superhero (sans the boots because I dont like how they look here lol) than before? Do Superman and Batman not look like superheroes nowadays in media or when they shed the underpants for awhile in comics?

Etta's Mimi, from the old Drew Carey show...add black. She's Black Mimi. She's a Rebel Wilson character, in a black dip, with lots of big guns. What's not to love, here? Does she have to be a female Mr. T? I know it's Rucka. I'm Latin; I love Rucka, love his writing, proud of accomplishments...

But, Miss T? I dunno, kangaboos.

I love it, anyway. I can live with it! In fact, I think it's hot, and little boys and young men are going to LOVE her.

I want the TOY. Who wants the toy?

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    Diana looks like a hardware store. Too much armor...!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-18-2022 at 09:37 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the boots could use a little less gold.

Agreed and the skirt could use some white stars.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Agreed and the skirt could use some white stars.
    Nooooooo, that's the only thing they got right. It's busy enough without adding some tacky stars, though the cross hatching that makes the skirt appear to be made out of a table cloth isn't a good replacement. I miss the skirt looking almost sequined like in Liam Sharp's Rebirth design.

liam sharp rebirth.jpg

That was a great costume. Now they've added too many bells and whistles. The gold piping on the corset is fine, but I really hate that overly chunky eagle that somehow reminds me of Lynda's palm tree bodice, but not in a good way.

lynda eagle.jpg

At least they simplified the tiara and bracelets and her hair looks nice, but as a whole the new costume is a missfire.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 03-19-2022 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    WW 788
    Amazing cover

Now I know what it is, the body of the eagle breaks up the W that wants to be made by the feathers. And the W of the belt has that weird bar above it and the diamond shape below it so we don't get a proper =W= anywhere.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Now I know what it is, the body of the eagle breaks up the W that wants to be made by the feathers. And the W of the belt has that weird bar above it and the diamond shape below it so we don't get a proper =W= anywhere.

I totally agree with you about the belt. Terry Dodson's simple double W belt was perfect in my eyes.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This design makes Wonder Woman look like she was designed by a toy manufacturer.
    As for Etta...The personality is there, but the look is not. I work with black women who change their hair almost daily, definitely weekly. I would love to see Etta be a little more glam and less utilitarian.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    As for Etta...The personality is there,
    The Personality is most definitely not there