Page 16 of 258 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They tried with Ares, there was his whole thing in GWW’s run. It just sucked.

That Ares story was a while after the movie and to be honest, was a big let down. Then again, most of GWW's run was. Hopefully the new creative team has something good cooked up for Dr. Poison and other Wonder-rogues.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Conrad had a blog post about getting the WW gig: https://michaelconrad.home.blog/2020...-and-the-hill/

Astonishing Member

I read the origin of pre-Crisis Nubia way back when -- in the issue with the great Nick Cardy cover where Nubia and Wonder Woman are facing off against each other with an image of Mars (Ares) looking on in the background. Has she ever been used since?

Incredible Member

The original Nubia, along with Hippolyta, appeared in an issue of Supergirl, and a version of her appeared in the Super Friends comic book, but she wasn't used again, I don't think, until she was reintroduced post-COIE in the WW JLApes crossover annual by Doselle Young. Young's version, however, was quite different, and he used her in a 2-parter he wrote in the main WW title. I think (?) another version of her was used in the Superman/Wonder Woman title, and Grant Morrison introduced yet another version in his Multiversity event, and in that title, she was Wonder Woman, although he didn't do much with her. I'm sure I'm missing some other comic book iterations, but none lasted.

Jayne Kennedy was almost a version of Nubia, and a Nubia Mego doll was made. Nubia is an idea that resonates, but no version of her has ever really "stuck," and little effort has been made to develop her. But maybe that'll change?

Michael W. Conrad (part of the Clonan/Conrad duo) has been very vocal on Twitter about his love for Wonder Woman. He also seems to be a big fan of the Kapatelises, so hopefully we'll be getting more of them. He seems like a great guy and I'm really hopeful for some good WW stories coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Michael W. Conrad (part of the Clonan/Conrad duo) has been very vocal on Twitter about his love for Wonder Woman. He also seems to be a big fan of the Kapatelises, so hopefully we'll be getting more of them. He seems like a great guy and I'm really hopeful for some good WW stories coming up.
    Given Vanessa was in the group shot poster, hopefully that means he gets something good out of her current status.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I have to say some of my enthusiasm has cooled for the run knowing what I do now from Death mettle 7, removing Diana from the mortal plane and putting her in the "godsphere". I was really hoping for actual super hero stories again. We had several years of mythical based stories under Azzerello, then more under Rucka, then more under Robinson, then more under Wilson....Orlando is the only one who didn't lean so heavily into it. Now we have more....I mean I'm in, but I'm less excited about it.

Hopefully that means he's going to retcon Julia's death. That was one of the ugliest parts of Robinson's run.

That's good to hear .

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Hopefully that means he's going to retcon Julia's death. That was one of the ugliest parts of Robinson's run.
    Absolutely agree. I have high hopes that they will bring Julia back. And in a perfect world, they'll ditch Nessie as the Swan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    The original Nubia, along with Hippolyta, appeared in an issue of Supergirl, and a version of her appeared in the Super Friends comic book, but she wasn't used again, I don't think, until she was reintroduced post-COIE in the WW JLApes crossover annual by Doselle Young. Young's version, however, was quite different, and he used her in a 2-parter he wrote in the main WW title. I think (?) another version of her was used in the Superman/Wonder Woman title, and Grant Morrison introduced yet another version in his Multiversity event, and in that title, she was Wonder Woman, although he didn't do much with her. I'm sure I'm missing some other comic book iterations, but none lasted.

Jayne Kennedy was almost a version of Nubia, and a Nubia Mego doll was made. Nubia is an idea that resonates, but no version of her has ever really "stuck," and little effort has been made to develop her. But maybe that'll change?
    Teresa Graves was the actress considered for the role of Nubia on the tv show, not Jayne Kennedy. Nubia was to be introduced in the first season, had it continued into a full season. ( or stayed at ABC with the WWII setting) . Once the show moved to CBS and shifted to modern times, the idea of Nubia had fallen by the wayside.

Jayne Kennedy played an ex cop who went rogue and joined a terrorist group but was reformed by Diana. Only in the Bionic Woman/ WW comic was her character merged with that of Nubia, but that was more of a fanservice than anything....

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Absolutely agree. I have high hopes that they will bring Julia back. And in a perfect world, they'll ditch Nessie as the Swan.
    It could very easily be written as a fake-out by Dr. Psycho.
    Considering he's also on the cast spread, fingers crossed!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Teresa Graves was the actress considered for the role of Nubia on the tv show, not Jayne Kennedy. Nubia was to be introduced in the first season, had it continued into a full season. ( or stayed at ABC with the WWII setting) . Once the show moved to CBS and shifted to modern times, the idea of Nubia had fallen by the wayside.

Jayne Kennedy played an ex cop who went rogue and joined a terrorist group but was reformed by Diana. Only in the Bionic Woman/ WW comic was her character merged with that of Nubia, but that was more of a fanservice than anything....
    Agh! Right. I was getting Carolyn Hamilton becoming Nubia in the WW & Bionic Woman mini-series mixed up with the Carolyn Hamilton of the TV show. Thank you for the correction!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It could very easily be written as a fake-out by Dr. Psycho.
    Considering he's also on the cast spread, fingers crossed!
    That's a good way to retcon the poorly-received decisions by past WW writers. Maybe Dr. Psycho made Jason, too...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

That's a good way to retcon the poorly-received decisions by past WW writers. Maybe Dr. Psycho made Jason, too...
    Jason, Grail, the New 52 Amazons, Amazons Attack, Cheetah's dumb fail pants from the Dodson design, secret agent Diana Prince, old and boring Steve and Etta...

He's very busy