Page 164 of 258 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3858

I'm waiting on Sweetheart's meltdown and Siggy has more than a small mancrush on Steve. Loved the explosion of the first milk truck and Diana instinctively protecting Steve, as well as the look on Steve's face when Siggy started up the Asgardian poetry.

I got a nice Diana Prince moment and like always she's terrible at hiding her identity.

The queer subtext and parallels to real world political events, personalities and manipulation tactics were how Wonder Woman should always be written and very well done.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm a bit surprised at the lack of buzz too. He's one of my favorites so I'm excited to see him.

I'm glad that he's back as well but Dr. Poison was the highlight of the issue for me. It was great to see her back in full-force armed with her deadly toxins. My only gripe is that she isn't wearing her iconic mask from Erik Luke's run. I enjoyed Siggy's characterization as well. He's an oddball but still very charming. I think it's pretty clear from Sweetheart's hesitation to follow Dr. Psycho's commands that she will be the one to betray Villainy Inc.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I have to hand it to Conrad/Cloonan, they somehow managed to completely reverse my initial ambivalence about Siegfried in this book; he's such a delight here as Steve new weird man-friend. I still can't bring myself to call him "Siggy" with a straight face but hey, we're getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Speaking of satire, I don't understand the milk company, any reference to current events in the US or am I missing something?
    I think this might be a Golden Age callback. One WW's very first storylines had her dealing with a corrupt company that was preventing people from being able to buy milk for their kids. Or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cloonrad have been perusing through the Golden Age omnibus lately. So much of the recent issues have felt very immersed with original 40s WW vibes, from the lighthearted tone to the characters involved and now the Duke of Deception, though he's looking quite a bit more dapper than he used to

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm glad that he's back as well but Dr. Poison was the highlight of the issue for me. It was great to see her back in full-force armed with her deadly toxins. My only gripe is that she isn't wearing her iconic mask from Erik Luke's run. I enjoyed Siggy's characterization as well. He's an oddball but still very charming. I think it's pretty clear from Sweetheart's hesitation to follow Dr. Psycho's commands that she will be the one to betray Villainy Inc.
    I too miss the terror of the Eric Luke character design and characterization of Doctor Poison.

Enjoyable issue with a lot of groundwork being laid out. The first time in a while we see Diana, Steve and Etta (plus Siggy now) all working together and the supporting characters given more to do with the plot.

I like that they pulled this Bronze Age version and design of the DoD out of the archives - he’s very superhero-y.

Still not sure how I’m feeling about Villainy Inc being made into a team run by Doctor Psycho and containing men characters… but maybe there’s a twist in here somewhere.

The plot and themes in this story is straight up our current politics, media and society, especially with what women face and anyone with an identity that’s minoritized.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 06-15-2022 at 08:10 PM.

Enjoyable issue, nice to see the Duke back. Probably my go-to for underutilized forgotten Wonder Woman villain.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    I have to hand it to Conrad/Cloonan, they somehow managed to completely reverse my initial ambivalence about Siegfried in this book; he's such a delight here as Steve new weird man-friend. I still can't bring myself to call him "Siggy" with a straight face but hey, we're getting there.

I think this might be a Golden Age callback. One WW's very first storylines had her dealing with a corrupt company that was preventing people from being able to buy milk for their kids. Or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cloonrad have been perusing through the Golden Age omnibus lately. So much of the recent issues have felt very immersed with original 40s WW vibes, from the lighthearted tone to the characters involved and now the Duke of Deception, though he's looking quite a bit more dapper than he used to
    Thank you! I was googling and it's true what you say, Golden/Silver Age rules for Cloonrad!
    I also saw something on Twitter about milk companies and the issue of access to it for babies who can't be breastfed. It's really an issue, the right to access basic food. The milk companies seem to be a true villanesque corporation.
    I still don't know if this has anything to do with the writers' decision, it struck me that they drank milk and not beer, for example. LOL.

Happy to see the series continue to embrace so many existing and classic Wonderverse elements.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

The Good:

-Villainy Inc being back along with other elements from the classic Pre Crisis WW mythos. Plus new additions like Sweetheart.

-The real world parallels with Pyscho manipulated discontented and misogynistic men into doing his bidding.

-Siggy and Etta as part of the cast.

-Glad the Duke of Deception is back. I heard he was in the issue and was expecting him to be the puppet master but it looks like someone else is backing Dr Psycho.

The Bad:

-With the exception of Pyscho, none of the other villains feel like a legitimate threat. Image maker had a few moments but he feels redundant in a world where you have guys like Mirror Master.

-The overall story feels a little......shallow? I would like a little more drama and depth and complexity to characters and their interactions.

-I think having the protest in front of the Hall of Justice was a bad idea. I guess that's the trouble with a shared universe. Like why does Diana have to rely on Steve and Etta operating out of a poorly equipped Checkmate office when she has Batman/Zatanna/Superman/Martian Manhunter on speed dial who could get her what she needs in seconds?

-I wish more had been done with Altuum.

NGL, the young Diana back up story is much more interesting than the main one and I'm glad that we are getting more of it.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Thank you! I was googling and it's true what you say, Golden/Silver Age rules for Cloonrad!
    I also saw something on Twitter about milk companies and the issue of access to it for babies who can't be breastfed. It's really an issue, the right to access basic food. The milk companies seem to be a true villanesque corporation.
    I still don't know if this has anything to do with the writers' decision, it struck me that they drank milk and not beer, for example. LOL.
    Where does milk come from? Female mammals, so it makes sense a mysogynist like Psycho would avoid females and make a milk that fortifies men. Plus certain guys like a lot of supplements anyway and Muscle Milk springs to mind.
    https://www.musclemilk.com/

What would be really cool is if the secret benefactor of this new Villainy Inc. is Eviless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    What would be really cool is if the secret benefactor of this new Villainy Inc. is Eviless.
    Agreed. "Management" is more likely than not a woman and while I want her to be Veronica Cale, Eviless works just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Where does milk come from? Female mammals, so it makes sense a mysogynist like Psycho would avoid females and make a milk that fortifies men. Plus certain guys like a lot of supplements anyway and Muscle Milk springs to mind.
    https://www.musclemilk.com/
    Hey, it could be what you say, I like your point of view on this.

Hey, it could be what you say, I like your point of view on this.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Agreed. "Management" is more likely than not a woman and while I want her to be Veronica Cale, Eviless works just as well.
    I wonder if The Management is a team of Diana's biggest adversaries--like Ares, Circe, Cheetah, Veronica Cale, etc.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.