Page 174 of 258 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    But you didn't answer the question when writers do make her invulnerable to bullets and knives. Is this still Wonder Woman to you, do you still buy the comic? Or does anything goes just because the writer makes it so? Plenty of us can show scans that are contrary to what you have said, so what is it?

Is it no wonder why some of us here ask for a consistent powerset that the editors enforce on writers, new and old. No one bats an eye when bullets bounce off of Superman or that he flys. But when the opposite happens to Wonder Woman, which is often enough, the same can be said--no one bats an eye.
    Let's not conflate flying with becoming bulletproof. It's a trap, don't fall for it.

To answer your question, I support Wonder Woman. I may go the Azzarello route and buy everything at a con years later at a far cheaper price, that doesn't contribute to sales, but I'll read it if only to have talking points for complaints. lol

I'd really like to see these contradictory scans you speak of, except for elseworlds I can't think of any.

Dude, you clearly like to troll. I didn't realize that when you take on the moniker 'Wonder Woman', then it means she can't fly. Why it is so obvious now. I wish you had stated this 1000 arguments ago. All I had to know was that when you are called Wonder Woman, it means she can't fly. Wow.....just wow.

Great strawman argument about the heat vision though.
    I'm strawmanning?

You keep saying I want Wonder woman to be weak. You keep saying I want Wonder Woman to be at Spider-man level. You keep saying Wonder Woman flying makes her powerful, even though Doomsday can beat up Hawkman quite easily.

You have been trolling me for months on end. You want her to fly, ok. It makes no sense but thay's okay. But don't say I want her to be weak just because I enjoy the interesting Wonder Woman stories we've had over the decades. If you can't do that that's your problem. Bur stop attacking me every time I comment anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Again, no one's saying Wonder Woman should be invulnerable. There's still plenty the bracelets can do and defend her against even if she was bulletproof.

Also, Diana being bulletproof would spare us from garbage like this:
    Attachment 122825
    This literally made me recoil. I'm so glad I never got to see this. How disgusting.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

This is actually one of my top 3 Wonder Woman moments, this story ended up being surprisingly good. I still don’t think she was dying from the gunshot wound, if you read the story carefully, she was haunted by a woman’s death and the guilt was eating away at her. It was that spiritual wound, the loss of purpose that was killing her. The moment Diana shook off those demons with a little help from Raven, she just told Death to eff off and sprung back to life as if nothing had happened.

Unfortunately, you have to wade through a lot of soul-destroying mediocrity in order to find a gem like this

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Let's not conflate flying with becoming bulletproof. It's a trap, don't fall for it.

To answer your question, I support Wonder Woman. I may go the Azzarello route and buy everything at a con years later at a far cheaper price, that doesn't contribute to sales, but I'll read it if only to have talking points for complaints. lol

I'd really like to see these contradictory scans you speak of, except for elseworlds I can't think of any.
    Bitethebullet is talking about canon examples like Gail Simone run. Where she was stated bulletproof the moment she said the arrows that pierced only did so because they were magic. Or before that. WW V2 issue 89 by priest. Where 2 werewolves created by Circe were unable to pierce her skin when they bite her. Or WW stating in Orlando run that a normal gun can't hurt her. And the police saying they may have things specially prepared to take on magic beings like WW. Or also in Orlando run. When she blocked a bullet with her bare hand. Or GWW run, where she blocked Cheetah's God killing sword with her bare arms without her arms being cut off her body. Or the current run where they said she is invulnerable. And the spear that Dolos used on her, it was magical. Confirmed by the writer. Sadly i can only post 3 scans. But here are some of the examples i mentioined.

WW bulletproof 5.jpg

WW bulletproof 6.jpg

WW bulletproof 7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    This is actually one of my top 3 Wonder Woman moments, this story ended up being surprisingly good. I still don’t think she was dying from the gunshot wound, if you read the story carefully, she was haunted by a woman’s death and the guilt was eating away at her. It was that spiritual wound, the loss of purpose that was killing her. The moment Diana shook off those demons with a little help from Raven, she just told Death to eff off and sprung back to life as if nothing had happened.

Unfortunately, you have to wade through a lot of soul-destroying mediocrity in order to find a gem like this
    But the bullet had to damage her in order for her to go thorough all that soul searching moment. So still not a good moment. When a character as powerful as WW is supposed to be, gets damaged by a normal bullet as if it was me, a mere mortal getting shot. Interesting because priest had WW bulletproof when he wrote her before. In WW V2 issue 89. Where a momster created by Circe was unable to pierce her skin with he bite her.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm strawmanning?

You keep saying I want Wonder woman to be weak. You keep saying I want Wonder Woman to be at Spider-man level. You keep saying Wonder Woman flying makes her powerful, even though Doomsday can beat up Hawkman quite easily.

You have been trolling me for months on end. You want her to fly, ok. It makes no sense but thay's okay. But don't say I want her to be weak just because I enjoy the interesting Wonder Woman stories we've had over the decades. If you can't do that that's your problem. Bur stop attacking me every time I comment anything at all
    Wow...where do I begin.

I have never, and I repeat never have said that Wonder Woman flying makes her powerful. I have said time and again that taking away her power of flight depowers her. This should be obvious. For instance, if Wonder Woman is really strong and flys, yet the writer takes away her power of flight, then ergo...she is depowered. Get it? She lost one of her abilities that she has had when Perez rebooted her run in the mid 80's. For many of us here, that would probably be for most of our lives, but excuse me if you are closer to 100 years old and remember those good ol' days when she flew on air currents. But sure, if you can ever find a post in which I inherently say that flying alone makes Wonder Woman powerful, instead of the arguments that I make that she is depowered or that it is a power that she has had for roughly the last 40 years, show it to me and I will quit the board. Something tells me this will not happen.

Strawmanning is something that you are quite proficient at. At what point did I ever say that when someone can fly, it automatically makes them strong to the point they can take on Doomsday? The argument you make with Hawkman is just plain dumb. The same thing goes for the argument about lack of laser vision that the Hulk or Wondy has.

As far as arguing with you, this is a messageboard. Feel free to not respond to me. In my opinion you have alot of takes on Wonder Woman that makes my head shake in Wonder. Also, you have almost 3000 more posts than me, so to say I respond to your every post is hyperbole as usual.

And, given this is comics, please feel free to explain why it makes no sense that Wonder Woman can fly with all the other superheroes that can do the same. Are other heroes allowed to fly if their moniker isn't Wonder Woman? Are all those years where she could fly on air currents, and then later under her own power all just bullshit stories to you? It's a wonder that you even read a comic in which it makes no sense that a comic book character that you like can fly!

As far as the Spiderman examples I keep bringing up, she has done things of late in her comic as well as the movies that Spiderman could have done also. But when arguments are made that she doesn't have great feats and such, you have brought up time and again that it is not about the feats, it is about the story. Sorry, but when a writer can't tell a story about a character without her proper powerset, then we are all let down. I mean, I get why you liked WW84....web slinging Wonder Woman in the mall, seriously weakened Diana throughout the movie, no great feats accomplished. I am surprised you loved the movie even with her flying montage near the end.

As far as the Spiderman examples I keep bringing up, she has done things of late in her comic as well as the movies that Spiderman could have done also. But when arguments are made that she doesn't have great feats and such, you have brought up time and again that it is not about the feats, it is about the story. Sorry, but when a writer can't tell a story about a character without her proper powerset, then we are all let down. I mean, I get why you liked WW84....web slinging Wonder Woman in the mall, seriously weakened Diana throughout the movie, no great feats accomplished. I am surprised you loved the movie even with her flying montage near the end.
    Have I said that? You don't think you just strawmanned me?

And you have said many times that for Wonder Woman to be at the same level as Superman, Captain Marvel, Captain Atom she needs to fly. I didn't strawman you, this is what you've said.

I did use hyperbole when I said you respond to every post. But you keep trolling me regularly saying I want Diana to be weak when all I've said is that I enjoy her stories, while you don't seem to, and that I care way more about having a good story than I do about having good feats. Doesn't mean i want her to be weak or that I don't like it when she does something impressive with her power (aside from fighting other heroes which is just a waste of story).

You may be a huge fan of the Kanigher run when she could ride air currents, but I'm not. Diana doesn't have flying enemies aside from Silver Swan. It makes no sense for her to fly if none of her enemies fly. She is also supposed to be the most powerful version of everything we can do. Flying makes her like a sorcerer or an alien.

And you have said many times that for Wonder Woman to be at the same level as Superman, Captain Marvel, Captain Atom she needs to fly. I didn't strawman you, this is what you've said.

I did use hyperbole when I said you respond to every post. But you keep trolling me regularly saying I want Diana to be weak when all I've said is that I enjoy her stories, while you don't seem to, and that I care way more about having a good story than I do about having good feats. Doesn't mean i want her to be weak or that I don't like it when she does something impressive with her power (aside from fighting other heroes which is just a waste of story).

You may be a huge fan of the Kanigher run when she could ride air currents, but I'm not. Diana doesn't have flying enemies aside from Silver Swan. It makes no sense for her to fly if none of her enemies fly. She is also supposed to be the most powerful version of everything we can do. Flying makes her like a sorcerer or an alien.
    Part of her concept was that any woman could be WW. All amazons could train herself to be as powerful as WW or more. And based on the things Marston WW could do. She was clearly always meant to be far above peak human level. Also they say we humans work far below our true potential. So who knows if we couldn't fly if we learn to use the full capacity of our brain power.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Also they say we humans work far below our true potential. So who knows if we couldn't fly if we learn to use the full capacity of our brain power.
    Who knows? We do. We know we can't fly. That's not how the brain works

Just woke up thinking... there's less than a year left for number 800! I would love it if Cloonrad stays on the series. I think they still have to find a "greatest story" to tell because there some kind of flavour lacking, but so far it is true they know how to write Wonder Woman well, and have enough knowledge about their mythos and her whole wonderfam.

If DC makes a replacement, I think Vita Ayala is right now the best for the job, as she is reaaaaaaly into the wonderfam. But a whole wishlist is definitely Kelly Sue.

But again, the whole situation between 2017-2020 has made me realise that stability is a good thing. Let Cloonrad stay.

Yeah let Cloonrad stay on. They should definitely write issue 800.

I would love Steve Orlando to get to write a miniseries and as much as people complain, Tom King would be a wise editorial choice in the future to increase sales. But right now I want Cloonrad to keep going for as long as possible.

Leaving aside the weakness of this argument, Circe, White Magician, Queen Clea, Ares, Devastation and Zara have all displayed the power of flight.

Who knows? We do. We know we can't fly. That's not how the brain works
    Of all the unrealistic things in Wonder Woman why draw the line at this?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Leaving aside the weakness of this argument, Circe, White Magician, Queen Clea, Ares, Devastation and Zara have all displayed the power of flight.
    Tell me the last time you saw Clea, White Magician, Zara.

And tell me the last time you saw Devastation, Ares and Circe fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Of all the unrealistic things in Wonder Woman why draw the line at this?
    Did you even read the conversation between me and Mystical? Your comment is really random.