Page 178 of 258 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Yeah, but it's Guondi! We literally saw her on Orlando's first story visiting a villain through a whole ¿decade? until she redeemed her. Wonder Woman will never surrender! Let's bring the furry!

Btw, we have Cheetah's new design!

https://twitter.com/S_Marguerite/sta...WmyEdevGaptRaA
    We're finally going back to Post-Crisis Cheetah. I missed the red hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    All because you didn't like the story? Someone else did.
    I don't care. I prefer not to sit through mediocrity to end up at a passible final act. Diana ending at death's door could have happened a hand full of other ways, but Priest chose that. It was funny actually, like the guy knew it was a pathetic and mocking way to go and did it anyway.

But people like you, "purists" or whatever you want to call yourself, none of these things matter to you, not really at least.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I don't care. I prefer not to sit through mediocrity to end up at a passible final act. Diana ending at death's door could have happened a hand full of other ways, but Priest chose that. It was funny actually, like the guy knew it was a pathetic and mocking way to go and did it anyway.

But people like you, "purists" or whatever you want to call yourself, none of these things matter to you, not really at least.
    You say purists like it's a bad thing. I only want consistency and for 80 years Wonder Woman has been vulnerable to bullets. Don't change it now.

You say purists like it's a bad thing. I only want consistency and for 80 years Wonder Woman has been vulnerable to bullets. Don't change it now.
    Except for the times she was invulnerable. And yeah, I am saying being a purist is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Except for the times she was invulnerable. And yeah, I am saying being a purist is a bad thing.
    She's never been invulnerable and she doesn't need to be because she has her bracelets.

What would be the point of her donning armor before a big fight like say with Medusa or during Challenge of the Gods if she were invulnerable? The Golden Eagle armor would serve no purpose either.

You guys think making her invulnerable would expand her mythos, but in actuality it would only limit them.

Look at all the times her lack of invulnerability has featured in countless stories, why would you want to invalidate them?

She's never been invulnerable and she doesn't need to be because she has her bracelets.

What would be the point of her donning armor before a big fight like say with Medusa or during Challenge of the Gods if she were invulnerable? The Golden Eagle armor would serve no purpose either.

You guys think making her invulnerable would expand her mythos, but in actuality it would only limit them.

Look at all the times her lack of invulnerability has featured in countless stories, why would you want to invalidate them?
    I don’t think normal bullets should work against Diana if she has god blood in her. I think they should be a special type of god bullet that can actually do her harm. God weapons should be her weakness. Her bracelets should be used against things like those.

Being bullet-proof =/= Invulnerability.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Throwing my two cents in, because no one asked. If we are going with the clay origin, having a type of vulnerability to bullets makes sense. Sharp objects can pierce clay, hence a bullet could be able to pass through Wonder Woman, while not causing her real harm just causing damage that needs to 'heal.' On the other hand, clay isn't really affected by blunt force, it doesn't break it...it can remold it, but it's not going to cause damage. By a similar thought Diana could be resilient to blunt force, absorbing the impact as it were.
    So yeah, if we are using a clay origin, the issues above are not without merit...while it causes damage, a bullet would not necessarily cause Diana harm over all and she could take a punch from Doomsday, Superman or whomever still.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I don’t think normal bullets should work against Diana if she has god blood in her. I think they should be a special type of god bullet that can actually do her harm. God weapons should be her weakness. Her bracelets should be used against things like those.
    I don't think I should have to pay taxes but I do. Everything doesn't work out the way we wish it would.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Throwing my two cents in, because no one asked. If we are going with the clay origin, having a type of vulnerability to bullets makes sense. Sharp objects can pierce clay, hence a bullet could be able to pass through Wonder Woman, while not causing her real harm just causing damage that needs to 'heal.' On the other hand, clay isn't really affected by blunt force, it doesn't break it...it can remold it, but it's not going to cause damage. By a similar thought Diana could be resilient to blunt force, absorbing the impact as it were.
    So yeah, if we are using a clay origin, the issues above are not without merit...while it causes damage, a bullet would not necessarily cause Diana harm over all and she could take a punch from Doomsday, Superman or whomever still.
    The clay origin never meant Diana was a literal walking clay statue.

I don't think I should have to pay taxes but I do. Everything doesn't work out the way we wish it would.
    This is just a weird comparison.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

The first time she was stated invulnerable was during her run in the 40s. Then In Post Crisis, priest, Simone and others showed her invulnerable to normal piercing weapons. Then in Rebirth. Orlando, GWW and the current run. So yeah. She has been stated and or shown invulnerable plenty of times.

Her battles against Medusa and Challenge Of The Gods can work just fine with an invulnerable WW. Because those are mystical and magical threats that could still hurt her if they are powerful enough. So her mythos are not being limited. Because a character like WW, that is supposed to have God like powers, should be threatened by similar things. Gods, mystical beings, magic. And not by just any random person on the street with a gun.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 07-19-2022 at 08:39 PM.

even creepier the good doctor with the Word balloon

I stil think there's an easy and really interesting sollution to the bullets debate.

Diana is the Idol of the Amazons. A magical creature, created by magic. She has human organs, but her body should have something noticably different.

I propose that Diana's skin looks and feels like human skin, but it doesn't work like human skin. It doesn't get pierced or cut by damage. Instead it cracks like stone, clay and porcelain. When she gets hit by an AK47 her skin just gets an annoying scratch. But enough bullets will actually crack it.

That'sthe outer shell of her body, because the deeper you go the harder her skin gets. Her lungs and her heart have the density of the planet earth itself. So in order to pierce her whole body you would need the force to cut through our whole planet (which is something someone like Doomsday would eventually be able to do, but it would take him a while)

And the reason why Diana uses the bracelets to deflect bullets is to avoid getting those cracks and scratches.

Oh and I would have it so Diana doesn't actually bleed. She does have human organs and skeleton, but she is a magical creature, and I don't want a comic where she is full of blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    even creepier the good doctor with the Word balloon

See, I can actually accept the idea that Diana would maybe be willing to humiliate someone like Dr Psycho. But he's one of the most horrible people in the world, with a very sadistic, abusive and perverted nature