Page 179 of 258 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    even creepier the good doctor with the Word balloon

This cover makes me dislike the new boots even more and I already wasn’t fond of them.

One of the most eye-catching things about the Hiketeia cover is that you instantly know whose foot it is. This one, not so much. The classic bright red boots wouldn’t work with the new costume but the original Rebirth boots were perfect - still recognizably hers, but less goofy.

At least Athleisure Cheetah absolutely rules so someone’s still killing the fashion game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I propose that Diana's skin looks and feels like human skin, but it doesn't work like human skin. It doesn't get pierced or cut by damage. Instead it cracks like stone, clay and porcelain. When she gets hit by an AK47 her skin just gets an annoying scratch. But enough bullets will actually crack it.
    Interesting idea! My only concern is that it could add unnecessary fuel to the “Diana’s a gollem” stupidity people fixate on with the clay origin. But it’s a neat approach for sure.

My idea for an in-between is kinda the opposite - the surface layer of her skin can get scratched/pierced but the damage won’t go any deeper. So a bullet may sting or even make her bleed a little but it’s like pricking yourself with a safety pin. Makes it make sense that she’d want to avoid getting hit even though she can tank a hit from Superman, plus she potentially gets the humanizing weakness of needing a mere mortal skincare routine

I don’t think anyone’s getting convinced here though…

Yikes. All I could see were those ridiculous boots. Is that Iron Man holding Dr. Psycho down with his foot?

shooot. Doble post.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The clay origin never meant Diana was a literal walking clay statue.
    Writers confuse "made from clay" with "made out of clay" and used the latter to make Diana being able to be reverted to clay canon. This starts with Perez, actually. In his first Circe arc, he has Circe attempting to devolve Diana into clay in order to gain the power of Hecate. Then Byrne followed. Then Brian K. Vaughan, and so on until the misinterpretation became established as "fact."

Very annoying.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The clay origin never meant Diana was a literal walking clay statue.
    He made a good point though. Some materials are extremely resilient to blunt force while being easy to puncture/cut/scratch. For instance, if you take a sledgehammer and hit a rubber tyre with it, you won’t break it but you can cut a hole in it with a sharp knife. That’s because rubber is very tough but also quite soft, just like Wonder Woman’s flesh. Toughness and hardness are not only two different properties, they're inversely proportional so Diana’s weakness to sharp objects actually makes more sense than people realize

Still, I think a curse would be the easiest explanation for it. Just say Circe laid a curse on Wonder Woman, or that Hecate built a kill switch into her

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    He made a good point though. Some materials are extremely resilient to blunt force while being easy to puncture/cut/scratch. For instance, if you take a sledgehammer and hit a rubber tyre with it, you won’t break it but you can cut a hole in it with a sharp knife. That’s because rubber is very tough but also quite soft, just like Wonder Woman’s flesh. Toughness and hardness are not only two different properties, they're inversely proportional so Diana’s weakness to sharp objects actually makes more sense than people realize

Still, I think a curse would be the easiest explanation for it. Just say Circe laid a curse on Wonder Woman, or that Hecate built a kill switch into her
    How about a bible on Diana's powerset. A list of what she can and cannot do that the writer must follow and the editors must enforce. You don't have to get into specifics like how much she can bench press since for someone like her that would be pretty silly to say. She is very very strong. Probably not enough very's in their, but you get the point. Mention she should be resistant to normal gunfire or knives and the like. That she is very fast to the point where she can probably see what the Flash is doing at super speed.

Lay ground rules about bullets and piercing weapons that they have to follow. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

but no more creepier than the boots

The original cover was defintely missing a word balloon of Batman complaining he didn't 20 weeks of prep time.

Incredible Member

Or even better, Ares. As the God of War, he makes her vulnerable to his weapons (i.e. the ones he decides) to make her defiance to his will more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Or even better, Ares. As the God of War, he makes her vulnerable to his weapons (i.e. the ones he decides) to make her defiance to his will more difficult.
    That's a thought I had, sort of as a twist on the classic Perez-"goddesses gifting Diana powers" route.

So WW is like Luffy but without the stretching?

Honestly, this is a great description of her durability.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Just came to me the thought. I wish there would be Bana and Esquecida gods on Olympus Rebirth. The interactions with egyptian gods were interesting on Rucka's run (but now that the Bana come from all across the world i dont really know how the bana pantheon works rn)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I know and I loved that story. If we see Diana redeem a villain that's great (as long as it's well written and not forced). But seeing Diana give people a chance time and time again without them deserving one isn't a good thing for the character. Silver Swan can be redeemed. Giganta can be redeemed. Cheetah has hurt many people on purpose with pleasure. She killed many people. She doesn't deserve redemption. And the last thing Diana needs is to fall in love with a villain or anti hero.
    You make some excellent points. Buuuut narratively talking Enemies to lovers has allways beeen a very good shipping dynamic. I think they can find a narrative solution to "kind of absolve" all the bad deeds she did during Willow Wilson's era.

And, well, the woman has passed through a lot, she deserves to eat some furry pussy

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    You make some excellent points. Buuuut narratively talking Enemies to lovers has allways beeen a very good shipping dynamic. I think they can find a narrative solution to "kind of absolve" all the bad deeds she did during Willow Wilson's era.

And, well, the woman has passed through a lot, she deserves to eat some furry pussy
    Tbh I’m surprised there’s not a strong contingent of people shipping Diana and Veronica Cale. I mean, the issue where they go on a charity date? The scene toward the end of Godwatch where Diana’s floating over her balcony getting all up in her face during an argument and they get thissss close to kissing? Yes it’d be really out of character for Veronica to feel anything but contempt for her but the enemies to lovers arc is irresistible and Clark and Lex are a really popular ship too…

That said, Diana and Barbara had much better chemistry than anyone else Diana’s been paired with in the comics. I buy Steve as her first fling in the world and I definitely bought Siggy as her casual boy toy but everything with Barbara felt like the real deal. Maybe they made Cheetah hot again for a reason…it’s not unlike Adora and Catra in Netflix’s She-Ra…

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Tbh I’m surprised there’s not a strong contingent of people shipping Diana and Veronica Cale. I mean, the issue where they go on a charity date? The scene toward the end of Godwatch where Diana’s floating over her balcony getting all up in her face during an argument and they get thissss close to kissing? Yes it’d be really out of character for Veronica to feel anything but contempt for her but the enemies to lovers arc is irresistible and Clark and Lex are a really popular ship too…

That said, Diana and Barbara had much better chemistry than anyone else Diana’s been paired with in the comics. I buy Steve as her first fling in the world and I definitely bought Siggy as her casual boy toy but everything with Barbara felt like the real deal. Maybe they made Cheetah hot again for a reason…it’s not unlike Adora and Catra in Netflix’s She-Ra…
    Ypu are... you are totally right! Um. I supose its because we dont want to see Wondy dating with rich gals/dudes.

And, I mean, I wouldnt be surprised if Catra and Adora were inspired by this run, yeah